l7ustin
    l7ustin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2724

any accountants work in here?

looking for advice on what to do after i finish with my bba in the end of the summer. shud i try and intern go do masters/mba (which?)

tax could be interesting but i think id prefer auditing or forensic accounting but if its easier to get a job as a tax accountant then...
    what kinda job can i get with just a bba and no experience

TWEETS
    57% NCAAF
    TWEETS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

All depends on what you want to do, I didn't want to go into the public side of things, so I waited out for 4 months, got a great job on the private side, and have worked up to a controller in 5 years.

If you want to do public, either tax/audit, then you have to decide whether you want to go Big 4 or a small local place. I know our auditors do tax part of the time and auditing the rest of the time, so if you like both you might want to look at a smaller place that has you do some of all.

I have not gotten a mba as I see no real advantage if you are not going to work in the public area and need the hours to get your CPA, I will be starting my work to get my CMA certification soon however.

Your best chance of a job with just the BA is to either know somewhere, take an internship, or take an entry level job at a big company.

I started as an AP clerk, moved to Cost accountant, then to finance manager, and now controller. Just got to be patient and work your way up.