Flyers21
    Flyers21's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vick will play good next year, but he is very injury prone. We need to get a good backup if we let Kolb go.

Congruency
    Congruency's Avatar Become A Pro!

vick throws one of the best deep balls in the game

if i were the eagles id prob keep kolb for another year unless they can sign a good backup

MoneyM1ke
    MoneyM1ke's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12807

Quote Originally Posted by Flyers21 View Post
    Vick will play good next year, but he is very injury prone. We need to get a good backup if we let Kolb go.
    Jeff Garcia

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Congruency View Post
    vick throws one of the best deep balls in the game if i were the eagles id prob keep kolb for another year unless they can sign a good backup
    Yep. There's a lot of value for Philly to keep Kolb for one more year, that's why they are asking for too much.

As for Minny, signing a vet like McNabb makes sense. Minny doesn't have time start a rookie QB, their future is now. Besides, Minny has a long and successful history of starting vets at the very end of their career: Brett Favre (2009 & 2010, 40-41 years old), Gus Frerotte (2008, 37), Brad Johnson (2004 & 2005, 37-38), Jeff George (1999, 32), Randall Cunningham (1998 & 1999, 35-36), Warren Moon (1994-1996, 38-40), Jim McMahon (1993, 34). But that formula has had success, with only 2 of those 10 seasons listed being losing seasons and two of those seasons were an OT away from the Super Bowl.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Kolb will go if they can get a first rounder plus for him. I don't think the Eagles want VY or any other trade scenario.

The Eagles coaching staff loves the third-stringer Kafka, and he will at the very least make a serviceable backup for Vick until they can draft another QB.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

He will not be the answer to any problems.....no way

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

He will go to zona they need him in the worst way if they wana keep one of thr best receivers in the game

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

Eagles should keep Kolb in case Vick gets injured again.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SBRMAN23 View Post
    He will go to zona they need him in the worst way if they wana keep one of thr best receivers in the game
    Fitz wants Kolb or Bulger. If he doesn't get either, he'll probably be gone from the desert in 2012.

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

McNabb would make sense in Minnesota or Arizona, imo. Vikings will probably roll with Webb. I don't get everyone's fascination with Kolb.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post
    Kolb will go if they can get a first rounder plus for him. I don't think the Eagles want VY or any other trade scenario.

The Eagles coaching staff loves the third-stringer Kafka, and he will at the very least make a serviceable backup for Vick until they can draft another QB.
    Good analysis.

I wonder how people would compare Kevin Kolb to Matt Schaub when Schaub was still in Atlanta. Schaub's situation in Atlanta was nearly identical to Kolb's current situation, including both of them sitting behind Vick on the depth chart. One thing about Kolb is that he has better numbers than Schaub did, but in both cases the actual game numbers are somewhat skimpy. Also, Kolb was ahead of Vick on the depth chart for a critical week 1 start, which is different than Schaub, but I think the circumstances surrounding Vick were different as well, so this is difficult to assess for significance in regard to comparing Kolb & Schaub. The true analysis really relies more on scouting Kolb (deep analysis) than game numbers.

So, what was Schaub's trade worth? Houston gave Atlanta 2 second rounders plus a swap of first round picks for that year (#8 for #10). So, I suppose Kolb's fair value is probably worth roughly the same or maybe slightly more depending on how someone would grade this out.

Thing is, I'm just not sure that Philly would make this kind of trade right now, even if they absolutely love Kafka. Vick is such an incendiary character, it's just a matter of time before he gets picked up for drug possession or something crazy, not to mention his on-the-field durability. The only way the Eagles would take a deal like this is if they actually don't like Kolb for whatever reason and are looking for an excuse to get rid of him. But I don't think this is likely because the Eagles were content to go into last season with Kolb as a starter over Vick and I'm not sure what could cause such a flipflop by the Eagles. The original asking price was rumored to be two first rounders for Kolb and I imagine the Eagles stick firm to this price at least for this next season.

Another thing to consider is that Vick is technically without a contract going into next season. The Eagles are apparently not even negotiating with Vick and expected to put a franchise tag on him for next year. This doesn't sound like much faith in Vick, which is understandable, but that just makes Kolb that much more of an asset to keep around as a potential long term starter. Again, the fact that Kolb began 2010 as the starting QB for the Eagles is something to remember because why would the Eagles trade a guy they saw as their long term franchise QB? If anything, it would make more sense if the Eagles GM would be trying to trade Vick for a first round pick than Kolb for that price.

Gilly86
    Gilly86's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vikings will play it stupid like usual and get the worst option for a terrible price.

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 466

Philly is making a mistake going with Vick he's terrible in big games

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly86 View Post
    Vikings will play it stupid like usual and get the worst option for a terrible price.

uhuhahah
    uhuhahah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Arizona

knelson
    knelson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

If they get rid of Kolb, they need to find a backup somewhere because you can count on Vick being hurt for 3-4 games per year.

CaptainPrice
    CaptainPrice's Avatar Become A Pro!

no one can be traded until afteer the draft... so yea
    maybe the vikes will draft a qb

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12515

The Minnesota Vikings only hires senior citizens at the end of their careers. Nice list slacker00 of some examples.

louvega71
    louvega71's Avatar Become A Pro!

vick is not that good

icancount2one

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post

Good analysis.

I wonder how people would compare Kevin Kolb to Matt Schaub when Schaub was still in Atlanta. Schaub's situation in Atlanta was nearly identical to Kolb's current situation, including both of them sitting behind Vick on the depth chart. One thing about Kolb is that he has better numbers than Schaub did, but in both cases the actual game numbers are somewhat skimpy. Also, Kolb was ahead of Vick on the depth chart for a critical week 1 start, which is different than Schaub, but I think the circumstances surrounding Vick were different as well, so this is difficult to assess for significance in regard to comparing Kolb & Schaub. The true analysis really relies more on scouting Kolb (deep analysis) than game numbers.

So, what was Schaub's trade worth? Houston gave Atlanta 2 second rounders plus a swap of first round picks for that year (#8 for #10). So, I suppose Kolb's fair value is probably worth roughly the same or maybe slightly more depending on how someone would grade this out.

Thing is, I'm just not sure that Philly would make this kind of trade right now, even if they absolutely love Kafka. Vick is such an incendiary character, it's just a matter of time before he gets picked up for drug possession or something crazy, not to mention his on-the-field durability. The only way the Eagles would take a deal like this is if they actually don't like Kolb for whatever reason and are looking for an excuse to get rid of him. But I don't think this is likely because the Eagles were content to go into last season with Kolb as a starter over Vick and I'm not sure what could cause such a flipflop by the Eagles. The original asking price was rumored to be two first rounders for Kolb and I imagine the Eagles stick firm to this price at least for this next season.

Another thing to consider is that Vick is technically without a contract going into next season. The Eagles are apparently not even negotiating with Vick and expected to put a franchise tag on him for next year. This doesn't sound like much faith in Vick, which is understandable, but that just makes Kolb that much more of an asset to keep around as a potential long term starter. Again, the fact that Kolb began 2010 as the starting QB for the Eagles is something to remember because why would the Eagles trade a guy they saw as their long term franchise QB? If anything, it would make more sense if the Eagles GM would be trying to trade Vick for a first round pick than Kolb for that price.
    As always we differ in our opinions on the NFC East

I don't think Vick will end up in serious trouble anytime soon, but it's certainly within the realm of possibility but GM/Coach/Overlord Andy Reid truly believes (and desperately wants to believe) that Vick has totally 100% reformed. I think in Vick's redemption he sees hope for his own sons. So I don't think Vick's potential for personal problems will factor into the Eagles' evaluation of the situation, but perhaps would influence how other teams see it.

icancount2one

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post

Good analysis.

As always we differ in our opinions on the NFC East

I don't think Vick will end up in serious trouble anytime soon, but it's certainly within the realm of possibility but GM/Coach/Overlord Andy Reid truly believes (and desperately wants to believe) that Vick has totally 100% reformed. I think in Vick's redemption he sees hope for his own sons. So I don't think Vick's potential for personal problems will factor into the Eagles' evaluation of the situation, but perhaps would influence how other teams see it.
    Last edited by icancount2one; 02-17-11 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Also the Colts tagged Manning. I think it's more labor issues than anything.

RJ89
    RJ89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1741

I think Kolb would be most dangerous on the 49ers.. They have a solid core and should be able to make the playoffs with a decent QB..

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

Quote Originally Posted by RJ89 View Post
    I think Kolb would be most dangerous on the 49ers.. They have a solid core and should be able to make the playoffs with a decent QB..
    That would make up for the bad drafting of choosing Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers.

Lockitup1x
    Lockitup1x's Avatar Become A Pro!

If he is smart he will

RJ89
    RJ89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1741

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    That would make up for the bad drafting of choosing Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers.
    I don't think anything will ever make up for that, but it will be a start lol..

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

As a Vikings fan, I hope so.

headhunter34
    headhunter34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 559

my money is on kolb going to arizona and mcnabb to minnesota

tunaguitar76
    tunaguitar76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 895

The Eagles should keep Kolb. What are the chances of Vick actually getting better? He's injury prone and inconsistent. Their best chance to win it all was this or next year. After that, they will be looking for a QB again.

jollyoscars
    jollyoscars's Avatar Become A Pro!

the vikings will go for the biggest splash and kolb is just that

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16173

kolb -- s fran
    a smith -- zona
    mcnabb -- minn
    t smith -- tenn
    teboe -- wash or buff
    denver to position themselves to get luck