Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

does he still throw the elbow pad in the crowd when he does his special move? i forgot the name of it damnit

secret007
    secret007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 332

if you smelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Gives me chills.

I feel sorry for those clueless kids they kept showing on camera. Sadly, I don't even think they know who "The Rock" is.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post
    Gives me chills.
    glad im not the only one who felt that way

Grandmaster B
    Retired
    Grandmaster B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    does he still throw the elbow pad in the crowd when he does his special move? i forgot the name of it damnit

lonesomeloser
    lonesomeloser's Avatar Become A Pro!

I cannot believe how many people watch and attend this crap. It is FAKE FFS!

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

WWE died a long time ago.

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Was a lot of fun back in '98. Forced myself to watch those videos and I gotta tell ya, it was really, really difficult. Whoever wrote all that shit sucks badly.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33313

I never got this guy's appeal. His promos were always filled with lame catch phrases, and his in-ring work was neither believable nor physically impressive. He was no Jake Roberts on the mic, and no Rob Van Dam or Ric Flair in the ring, but somehow he got over with WWF fans... although in fairness I could say this about a lot of WWF/E guys as I've never liked the McMahon style and prefer either ECW style matches or territory style 'rasslin.

I do, however, think Rock could make a great heel this time around. He could play it off like he's gone Hollywood and is too good for wrestling now. The way he congratulated Justin Bieber in the clip that was posted might be some foreshadowing of a heel turn.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

who bookes bets on WWE?

Congruency
    Congruency's Avatar Become A Pro!

after the Attitude era with the Rock and Stone Cold, I vowed to never watch it again because it was just so horrible

with Rocky back I may have to start watching again...guy is just a great entertainer

Congruency

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I never got this guy's appeal. His promos were always filled with lame catch phrases, and his in-ring work was neither believable nor physically impressive. He was no Jake Roberts on the mic, and no Rob Van Dam or Ric Flair in the ring, but somehow he got over with WWF fans...
    lol

Rock has the best mic skills out of any wrestler in history (and yes, I'm old enough to remember back then)

If you talk about the greatest wrestlers (in a technical skills sense) of all time, he wouldn't make anyone's top 20-30 list. But if you don't understand how he got over with WWF fans then I have to question if you have actually watched it. In terms of superstar status and influence he is just outside my top 5.

beermankirk
    beermankirk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 885

5 Dimes did wrestlemania wagering last year I believe.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

The 'Peoples Elbow'. Good clean fun.

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

look at the rock's flip after the stunner

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have not watched in 7-8 years. Good to hear he is back.
    Last edited by Illusion; 02-15-11 at 03:24 AM.

Congruency

not the WWE but still the greatest wrestling clip of all time...I recommend you all stick with it throughout the whole 4 mins or so

it starts out slow but gets awesome after about a min

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5uoUhGDroo

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

I am not marking out for the Rock because I am already one of the Millions....and Millions of Rock's fan. If you smell what I am cooking!

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

he is a beast i remember when he played with ray lewis on the Miami criminals

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

Gawd, I'm so excited about this shit that it's making jizz my pants. When I was a kid, the Attitude ERA was better than cartoons!

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47713

I'll watch the rerun tomorrow.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold HD View Post
    I'll defenitly download the HD torrent from it!

Tomorrow I am going to Smack-Down in San Diego as well. He probably won't show but I am wearing my Rock Bull Tshirt from back in the days.

Grandmaster B
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold HD View Post

Grandmaster B
    Retired

Last edited by Grandmaster B; 02-15-11 at 04:05 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan23 View Post
    I really wish I could bring myself to care about this.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Congruency View Post
    lol

Rock has the best mic skills out of any wrestler in history (and yes, I'm old enough to remember back then)

If you talk about the greatest wrestlers (in a technical skills sense) of all time, he wouldn't make anyone's top 20-30 list. But if you don't understand how he got over with WWF fans then I have to question if you have actually watched it. In terms of superstar status and influence he is just outside my top 5.
    I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince someone that their taste is wrong because it's different than mine, but plagiarized catch phrases, hammy facial expressions, and unrealistic & unathletic in-ring work is not what makes a pro wrestler appealing to me.

And as I said before, there are lots of WWF/E wrestlers I just don't get. For example, Hogan is far more perplexing to me than the Rock. Awful interviews, horrible matches... and he's the biggest wrestling draw ever.

And to answer your question, I did suffer the misfortune of watching more WWF than I would have cared to when the Rock was popular.

Grandmaster B
    Retired

Grandmaster B
    Retired

I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince someone that their taste is wrong because it's different than mine, but plagiarized catch phrases, hammy facial expressions, and unrealistic & unathletic in-ring work is not what makes a pro wrestler appealing to me.

And as I said before, there are lots of WWF/E wrestlers I just don't get. For example, Hogan is far more perplexing to me than the Rock. Awful interviews, horrible matches... and he's the biggest wrestling draw ever.

And to answer your question, I did suffer the misfortune of watching more WWF than I would have cared to when the Rock was popular.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

hahaha Isnt that the whole point of WWE?

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster B View Post
    Fast forward to 2:29 in this clip, take control of Hulk Hogan's airplane, and prepare for awesomeness.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

The Rock

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

I didn't think the pop was that insane, although it is probably the biggest in the last 10 years. There were crazy pops from 99-02.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Has it really been 7 years since he's left? Where has the time gone?

"You're running around here looking like a big fat bowl of Fruity Pebbles"

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDunlop View Post
    I didn't think the pop was that insane, although it is probably the biggest in the last 10 years. There were crazy pops from 99-02.

The pop, was as good as when Stone Cold was guest host for RAW on March 15 2010. I know, I was there in San Diego. But the gratitude of the fans was long.
    The pop that he got wasn't that loud because a bunch of kids have no fuken clue who the Brahma Bull is. Just like when Stone Cold came to RAW, more kids cheered for Cena.
    The Rock didn't want to come back because he even said it himself that PG era sucks. I have no clue why he came back, he gets paid more for making a movie than working for this company in a year. Maybe they are paying him more. If I was Vinnie Mac, I would of given him triple of what Cena is making because I can see Cena and I smell what The Rock is cooking at the same time.

Grandmaster B
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDunlop View Post

First 1234 Last