mrbongo
    mrbongo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miguel Cabrera Arrested

Last night around 11 pm Miguel Cabrera of the detroit tigers was arrested for dui charges. From rotoworld i found this about the incident.

It's terrible news, and the details aren't pretty. Evidently Cabrera's car engine was smoking alongside a road when a police officer spotted the vehicle. According to the arrest report, the 27-year-old "smelled of alcohol, had slurred speech and took a swig from a bottle of scotch in front of a deputy." Cabrera revealed at this time last year that he hadn't had a drink since the fall of 2009 following an alcohol-fueled domestic dispute with his wife during the last weekend of the season. We'll have more on this once more comes out, but it's clear Cabrera is in need of some serious help.

ji03
    ji03's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

As a Tigers fan, I want this guy on the field, but if these incidents are becoming a regular occurrence I don't know if we need him on our team

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Wow, not good for him.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

I would have never pegged Miguel Carbrera as a Scotch drinker...

Cabrera, 27, was spotted by a deputy in a car with its engine smoking alongside a road in Fort Pierce. Inside the vehicle, Cabrera smelled of alcohol, had slurred speech and took a swig from a bottle of scotch in front of a deputy, according to St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office said. He refused to cooperate and more deputies were called to the scene.

He was wandering into the road with his hands up before he was handcuffed, the report said. According to the report, Cabrera kept saying, "Do you know who I am? You don't know anything about my problems," and cursed at deputies who tried to get him into a patrol car.

One deputy struck Cabrera in the left thigh several times with his knee after Cabrera pushed into him, causing the ballplayer to fall into the patrol car. Cabrera refused to take a breath test, deputies said.

He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and resisting an officer without violence. He posted $1,350 bond and was released from jail early Thursday. The arrest occurred about 110 miles southeast of Lakeland, where the Tigers hold spring training.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8583

"Do you know who I am?
    a moron?

xelance
    xelance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Anybody that looks like this after they get a DUI has some serious problems:

[IMG][/IMG]

After I got my DUI, my mugshot looked like I was going to kill someone...I was so mad at myself. The guy looks like he just got laid.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

he's had a drinking problem for years

Don't you remember 2 years ago?
    Points Awarded:

CapsFan gave yisman 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

you know what they say..once a drunk always a drunk..these sports stars will never learn

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Miguel Cabrera just can't stay sober....

ST. LUCIE CO., Fla. -- Detroit Tigers first baseman Miguel Cabrera was arrested Wednesday night on charges of drunken driving and two counts of resisting an officer without violence in St. Lucie County, Florida.The 27-year-old was arrested after sheriff’s investigators spotted his vehicle on the side of the road with smoke coming from the engine compartment, according to a police report released Thursday.The arresting officer said Cabrera grabbed a bottle of James Buchanan’s scotch and started drinking while he was stopped, the report said.According to the report, Cabrera asked the arresting officer, "Do you know who I am? You don't know anything about my problems." The police report also states that when the officer asked Cabrera to get into the patrol vehicle he said, "F**k you. Do you know who I am?" READ: Cabrera Arrested: Police Report Cabrera refused to take a breath test and the arresting officer said he hit Cabrera three to four times in the knees to force him into the police vehicle, according to the report.Cabrera, a native of Venezuela, played several years for the Florida Marlins before joining the Detroit Tigers, where sources have reported his salary is $20 million.He was released after posting $1,300 bond.The arrest occurred about 110 miles southeast of Lakeland, where the Tigers hold spring training. SURVEY: Cabrera Arrested
    Rob Parker Podcast: Tigers Need To Get Cabrera Help In 2009, the All-Star first baseman got into a fight with his wife after a night of drinking, right before his team surrendered the American League Central Division title to the Twins. Police said Cabrera had a 0.26 blood-alcohol reading -- three times above Michigan's legal limit for driving -- and Tigers general manager Dave Dombrowski had to pick up Cabrera at the station. No charges were filed.During spring training last year, Cabrera said he was done drinking alcohol after he spent much of the offseason in counseling. "You guys write in the paper 'alcoholic,' that's not right," he said last March before a spring training workout. "I don't know how to explain, but it's not an alcohol problem."

Flyers21
    Flyers21's Avatar Become A Pro!

Another POS that thinks he is above the law.

Mattn3236
    Mattn3236's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's not an alcohol problem its a malfunction with his brain. It doen not work.

loudpacmanjones
    SBR's RESIDENT ASSHOLE
    loudpacmanjones's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Quote Originally Posted by xelance View Post
    Anybody that looks like this after they get a DUI has some serious problems:

[IMG][/IMG]

After I got my DUI, my mugshot looked like I was going to kill someone...I was so mad at myself. The guy looks like he just got laid.
    Yeah I'd be pissed too. But I'm a regular Joe...he can afford to pay for a driver from now on.

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

oiler, it's not just sports stars. THere are millions of people who drink alcohol irresponsibly. The guy is only 27 years old.

What I don't get is why the MLB doesn't pay someone $50 a night to go out with a player and drive for them. I know if an MLB team paid me $50 bucks to follow around one of their superstar athletes for a night, I'd jump at that chance. The team has invested over $100 million dollars in this guy. Spend a little extra and make sure to keep him on the field.

As much as this is an issue for the Cabrera, the Tigers should protect their investments better.

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

oiler, it's not just sports stars. THere are millions of people who drink alcohol irresponsibly. The guy is only 27 years old.

What I don't get is why the MLB doesn't pay someone $50 a night to go out with a player and drive for them. I know if an MLB team paid me $50 bucks to follow around one of their superstar athletes for a night, I'd jump at that chance. The team has invested over $100 million dollars in this guy. Spend a little extra and make sure to keep him on the field.

As much as this is an issue for the Cabrera, the Tigers should protect their investments better.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think it's awesome he took a swig from a bottle of Scotch in front of a cop. I'll never understand why all millionaires don't have drivers. First thing I'd do if I ever scored big, hire a driver.

Philavanh
    Philavanh's Avatar Become A Pro!

hahahah....da man likes to drink....alot

Chandler
    Chandler's Avatar Become A Pro!

is that his mug shot? gosh he doesn't look as fuked up as he should. and a smile?

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

All star and MVP candidate. Unreal. Hire a driver and drink until you pass out.

Chandler

guy has deeper issues

its not like he was going out to tie one ON. and could hire a driver before hand

its more like he starting drinking with some friends, came back to the hotel and found his girl had skyped with some guy back in whatever country-she's-from...

he went back down to the hotel bar, had 4 quick shots, thought it would be a good idea to hop back into his car, drive 25 miles away to a great strip joint and drink eleventeen more. than drive back to the hotel in a fuked up rental car.

I bet those cops coulda made some good cash if they had arranged a deal

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by Chandler View Post
    guy has deeper issues its not like he was going out to tie one ON. and could hire a driver before hand its more like he starting drinking with some friends, came back to the hotel and found his girl had skyped with some guy back in whatever country-she's-from... he went back down to the hotel bar, had 4 quick shots, thought it would be a good idea to hop back into his car, drive 25 miles away to a great strip joint and drink eleventeen more. than drive back to the hotel in a fuked up rental car. I bet those cops coulda made some good cash if they had arranged a deal
    He's from Florida. Remember he was there not too long ago long term. Had a Florida DL still. What happens in FL if you refuse a breathalyzer? In MI I know you lose you license automatically for 6 months.

coloradobuff
    coloradobuff's Avatar Become A Pro!

.26..damn

thericker7
    thericker7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207

Yeah, he is kind of a big drinker.

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree. He should have a driver when he chooses to drink...

Milanboy
    Milanboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

I'm a die hard tigers fan and Cabrera is my favorite player. This is a really hard one to swallow.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I think it's awesome he took a swig from a bottle of Scotch in front of a cop. I'll never understand why all millionaires don't have drivers. First thing I'd do if I ever scored big, hire a driver.

That's the best part.

He took a swig while talking to a cop. It's like something from a Will Ferrel film.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Some people just can't handle the money and fame

don't judge the guy, you and I don't live in his shoes

he will go away

who's the next person...

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Too much pressure

I love this country! And you should too

Unicorn7
    Unicorn7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ji03 View Post
    As a Tigers fan, I want this guy on the field, but if these incidents are becoming a regular occurrence I don't know if we need him on our team
    We saw this in S Florida and I for one was glad when he got his ass out of here. That was cool when he hit that pitch out for a base hit though

Lint Pockets
    Lint Pockets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

not a surprise all pro athletes are filthy overpaid f**ks

Chandler

didn't the cop know who he was?

I doubt he did.... otherwise we wouldn't be reading this news

problem drug & alcohol women beating, raping....multi-millionare sports athletes need to start producing a necklace or bracelet to wear that helps identify them in times of trouble...... like epeleptics and diabetics have.

that why, when they are fuked up and belligerent a cop can read their necklace or bracelet and say......"OH YOU'RE blah blah..... dude just give 5k and i'll let you go, and sign this piece of paper for my son"

this would help the economy alot I think

kylehen_son
    kylehen_son's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

dude would be on Pujols's level if he could get his shit together

mattmc419
    mattmc419's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

As a Tigers fan, it was disheartening to see this earlier, but luckily there's still time before the season starts. I think he'll get some help and then use this as fuel towards a monster year.

Chandler

Quote Originally Posted by kylehen_son View Post
    dude would be on Pujols's level if he could get his shit together
    nah, i'm not sure even at his best, he was near Pujol's worst level in all his career.

and remember baseball is all about condition, endurance, mental prep, ect.

Pujols takes care of all those. Miggy apparently doesn't.

when it comes down to it, its a tainted era, but I can't find anyone that had a better first ten years in the league than Albert

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Good to see how successful the rehab he went to went

Muscles
    Muscles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2096

Love the tigers...however this gave me my fantasy baseball name for this season, "Shoulda Called a Cabby."

12 Last