VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Need help with this Dallas/Denver prop...

Bookmaker has a prop bet and I want to jump all over..

Largest Lead by Either Team:

Over 14.5 (-130)
    Under 14.5 (EV)

Doesn't the Under look too good here? It's a 3-point spread...

HELP!

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

hmmm...hard not to take under right? lol. c's were -2 though ant were up 15 at one point. never know. But i'd take under, especially at even!

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Fukk it, I'm on it.

biff
    dead
    biff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

dallas slows games down and plays better D against great scoring teams. so yeah, i think this game will stay close and that is a good prop in my opinion.

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

i noticed that this morning. no other props for that game have any value. i like this game to be played close for 2 reason. first one, both teams played last night, no team has a freshness advantage. secondly its on national tv, they simply dont want a 46-28 game midway thru the half. at even its a good deal

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Exactly. Thanks fellas, good insight. I didn't pound it out of principle, but put a few bucks on the under.

biff
    dead

Quote Originally Posted by KingKolzig View Post
    i noticed that this morning. no other props for that game have any value. i like this game to be played close for 2 reason. first one, both teams played last night, no team has a freshness advantage. secondly its on national tv, they simply dont want a 46-28 game midway thru the half. at even its a good deal
    ok... i'll give you the back-to back games but i have arguments against that one. but you list one of your points the game remain close because they are on nat tv? do not give me some bs stats showing scores on past nat tv games. these guys play with millions watching them every damn game.

sorry, but that is just freaking stupid. i have no problem with you and you are one of the less annoying posters here but... again that is just one stupid reason.

biff
    dead

oh wait, now as i read your post more are you hinting that the nba fixes these nat tv games to keep them close? that is even more ridiculous if that is the case.

KingKolzig

Quote Originally Posted by biff View Post
    ok... i'll give you the back-to back games but i have arguments against that one. but you list one of your points the game remain close because they are on nat tv? do not give me some bs stats showing scores on past nat tv games. these guys play with millions watching them every damn game.

sorry, but that is just freaking stupid. i have no problem with you and you are one of the less annoying posters here but... again that is just one stupid reason.
    biff im very annoying. and my attempt at insight is really just to convince myself to take an +ev line.

however in my defense with hundreds of millions on the line there is a greater chance than not that the NBA and company would lobby the refs for a tight one vs a boring blowout, thats why i think its worth it at +100

Steve226
    Steve226's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Largest lead in the Lakers/Celtics game going on right now has been 15. As I post this, it is now tied 55-55. You be the judge.

biff
    dead

Quote Originally Posted by KingKolzig View Post
    biff im very annoying. and my attempt at insight is really just to convince myself to take an +ev line.

however in my defense with hundreds of millions on the line there is a greater chance than not that the NBA and company would lobby the refs for a tight one vs a boring blowout, thats why i think its worth it at +100
    i'm speechless man, you have a way with words. i'll respect your opinions. Your post read more like a woman betting on sports is all. But I understand now.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

like it

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

I calculated the odds for the over to be at +283 or better the under -283 or better.

At EV the under is the play as it's where you'll get your +EV. This was all based on the average biggest lead of the two teams being 13.

KingKolzig

Quote Originally Posted by biff View Post
    i'm speechless man, you have a way with words. i'll respect your opinions. Your post read more like a woman betting on sports is all. But I understand now.
    biff are u calling me gay?

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    I calculated the odds for the over to be at +283 or better the under -283 or better.

At EV the under is the play as it's where you'll get your +EV. This was all based on the average biggest lead of the two teams being 13.
    I am interested in how you "calculated" that.

Statistically speaking a maximum lead of 13 or more for either team based on a spread of 0-5 happens around 58% of the time.

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is like the "will there be 3 unanswered scores" in the NFL and it's pretty much a trap. It happens wayyyy more often that you would think. Dallas was down like 12 against sacramento yesterday in the first half and last year denver got blown out 127-91 @ Denver.

edit: meant to say Dallas got blown out @ Denver last year

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Shit..Denver up 13 and just missed an ally-oop

Need Dallas to score and quick!

HustleGetPaid
    HustleGetPaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5089

Better hope Dallas gets their sh*t together, 13 pt lead right now...

Steve226
    Steve226's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

15 in the 1Q already.

HustleGetPaid
    HustleGetPaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5089

15 pt lead, basketball is too much of a game of runs...

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Wow...that was quick.

Didn't anticipate Billups making 30 foot pull up 3's...

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

ridiculous...

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Glad I didn't end up pounding it. The three that Billups hit to put them up 15 was DEEEEEP

He had to be at least 4 feet behind the arc

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    I am interested in how you "calculated" that. Statistically speaking a maximum lead of 13 or more for either team based on a spread of 0-5 happens around 58% of the time.
    Didn't base anything on the spread...Using Poisson assuming a mean of 13 the odds of hitting 14 or under is 68% and 15+ is 24% do the math from there.