SBRPicks
    SBRPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

SBRtv Experts' Roundtable: The Super Bowl - Key Factors and Picks/Leans

Scott Kellen of SixthSenseSports, Zach Rosenfield of Accuscore, and professional handicapper John Ryan, who have given great analysis, advice and leans all year long on the SBRtv NFL Experts' Roundtable, do it one more time, analyzing Super Bowl 45.

The panel discusses some of the key factors involved in the game, and give their opinions and leans, if any, on the spread and total.

Part 1: General Game Overview
    The panel summarizes the offense and defense of both teams involved, and comments on the public perceptions of each.

Part 2: Pitt's Pass Defense
    The panel discusses whether Pitt's pass defense will be a major liability as some are speculating.

Part 3: Can GB Win If They Abandon The Run?
    Pitt has the NFL's top run D while Aaron Rodgers is one of the NFL's elite passers - how well will GB need to run the ball to win?

Part 4: Game Plans
    The panel discusses what the game plan for each team will be and how that will affect the spread and total.

Part 5: Effect of the Dome
    The the game being played indoors may have a big impact on the outcome.

Part 6: Final Picks and Leans
    The panel gives their final opinions on the game, and Loshak reveals he has to make a bet on the Super Bowl with his first rollover bet from his Beat The prick win promotion.

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good shit loshak you mutherfuking jew!

yardbirds
    yardbirds's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope that you bring back Scott Kellen for the whole season, as his insights have been a welcome addition to your fine show.

Oli
    Oli's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck this week

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Lots of great insight. How about the experience of Pitts in Super Bowls? Nobody seems to be talking about that too much.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

accuscore used to be great, but i dont know why anyone would pay for it.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

As a diehard Green Bay fan, a few observations............

1. One significant player on the GB side that is recieving little attention and should be is CULLEN JENKINS.........JENKINS missed five games this season and he is a terriffic talent. This season he recorded 7 sacks in 11 games and I fully expect him to put pressure on Ben in this game almost or even more so than Matthews, Raji, and/or what Woodley and Harrison do for Pittsburgh on Aaron. The point I'm making is that there may not be a more underrated player defensively heading into this game than JENKINS and the Packers defense, as good as it was without him, his definetly much better with JENKINS in the lineup. As a Packer fan, hoping and anticipating that JENKINS will have at least 1.5 sacks in this Superbowl.

2. GB has all but completely abandoned the use of BRANDON JACKSON .......as good as STARKS has played, I personally have not seen that much of an upgrade with STARKS over JACKSON(but Starks does bring a tad more to the table)...........JACKSON to this point on the season has still averaged more yards per carry than STARKS and also believe he has shown he is has been just as good or better of a reciever out of the backfield. Reports are out of GB are that this will be JACKSON'S last game with GB, as the Packers will be going with the STARKS/GRANT combo next season. Some team out there is going to end with a nice little RB in JACKSON, the kid plays hard and can produce nicely, especially if he will be used a #2 back. I would be thrilled to see BRANDON rip off a couple nice running or recieving plays.

3. PITT will have slight advantage in the FG department with kicks ranging from 30-50 yards..........CROSBY is only 57-75 lifetime from these distances(76%) and SUISHAM is 63-80(79%). On the other hand, CROSBY certainly has the stronger leg, as comparing their careers, CROSBY has connected on more FG's and with a better percentage than SUISHAM on kicks of 50+ yds. Make of these stats what you want, if anything.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by fishhead View Post
    as a diehard green bay fan, a few observations............

1. One significant player on the gb side that is recieving little attention and should be is cullen jenkins.........jenkins missed five games this season and he is a terriffic talent. This season he recorded 7 sacks in 11 games and i fully expect him to put pressure on ben in this game almost or even more so than matthews, raji, and/or what woodley and harrison do for pittsburgh on aaron. The point i'm making is that there may not be a more underrated player defensively heading into this game than jenkins and the packers defense, as good as it was without him, his definetly much better with jenkins in the lineup. As a packer fan, hoping and anticipating that jenkins will have at least 1.5 sacks in this superbowl.

2. Gb has all but completely abandoned the use of brandon jackson .......as good as starks has played, i personally have not seen that much of an upgrade with starks over jackson(but starks does bring a tad more to the table)...........jackson to this point on the season has still averaged more yards per carry than starks and also believe he has shown he is has been just as good or better of a reciever out of the backfield. Reports are out of gb are that this will be jackson's last game with gb, as the packers will be going with the starks/grant combo next season. Some team out there is going to end with a nice little rb in jackson, the kid plays hard and can produce nicely, especially if he will be used a #2 back. I would be thrilled to see brandon rip off a couple nice running or recieving plays.

3. Pitt will have slight advantage in the fg department with kicks ranging from 30-50 yards..........crosby is only 57-75 lifetime from these distances(76%) and suisham is 63-80(79%). On the other hand, crosby certainly has the stronger leg, as comparing their careers, crosby has connected on more fg's and with a better percentage than suisham on kicks of 50+ yds. Make of these stats what you want, if anything.

Prediction

Green bay 23
    Pitt 21

bh9889
    bh9889's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 449

so green bay is gonna kick 3 field goals this game or get a safefty? lol

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by bh9889 View Post

Why not???

They could also miss an extra point.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Is that scott kellen the kellen that used to post here? That guy is not a pro handicapper loshak what is this shit?

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    Is that scott kellen the kellen that used to post here? That guy is not a pro handicapper loshak what is this shit?

It appears he and the others all work for or own tout services.......no?

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Quote Originally Posted by bh9889 View Post

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

So, based on this prediction, FH is on the Steelers, right? (PIT +2.5)

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

what the heck happened to the roundtable i was invited to and responded to?

oh well. good stuff here regardless

Gtawatson
    Gtawatson's Avatar Become A Pro!

go pack go go pack go go pack go go pack go go pack go go pack go go pack go go pack go go pack go go pack go go pack go go pack go go pack go go pack go go pack go go pack go go pack go go pack go go pack go go pack go go pack go go pack go go pack go go pack go go pack go go pack go