Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

No disrespect to any poster...

....but isnt it a kick in the mouth when you either change your mind on a strong lean, or don't play your strong lean due to discussion from highly accredited SBR posters? No disrespect to anybody around here, I'm going to lock in my wagers before checking SBR daily. This has seemed to happen to me ALOT lately, and it's a horrendous feeling leaving money on the table. Sure posters can help talk you out of the wrong plays, but it seems it's about 65/35 for me getting screwed in the end. This is the wonderful world of sports betting that we all hate so much, usually lose money but are addicted to.

biff
    dead
    biff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

yeah, but you got to understand people on sbr are just trying to help and give you both sides. still, i know what you mean and I have learned to go with my original lean and not be influenced by others here (most of the time).

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

it happened to me today +1001 and counting.....

Regul8er
    Wordd

I passed on my one game, then proceeded to go 0-4 because I was Im a fu(kin an idiot, and chased.
    Instead of finishing ahead on the day, I get hammered......no self control no matter what I do.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

I was between Wich St or Buffalo today. I took Wich st. I went 2-1. Ive been kicking myself all nite

Regul8er
    Wordd

Ive decided Im a horrible gambler....HORRIBLE!!
    I always battle my brain, lose my a$$ on the wrong picks...and have the worst luck known to man. Why do I keep punsihing myself???

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

I learned that lesson while ago. However if u bet a team and find out brock landers is on them after the fact, ur fukked

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

happened to me today

had a big amount on a play, checked the forum and from the stuff i read decided to hedge out of it

still banging my head on the wall, it always happens, people on here are clueless

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Sure posters can help talk you out of the wrong plays, but it seems it's about 65/35 for me getting screwed in the end.
    It's a natural tendency to remember the ones you would have won, or think back and believe you considered it a strong play after the game is over. Write it down, go back to your notes later, and see if it is indeed the case.

Honestly, I make all my plays BEFORE I visit the forum. Then I just browse threads without reconsidering my plays, or considering new ones. Sometimes I will throw FRACTIONS of a unit on a play someone really likes and makes a good case for (and after I do my own little research), like the other day when I took Harvard/NE Over 4 total (it ended up pushing).

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    I learned that lesson while ago. However if u bet a team and find out brock landers is on them after the fact, ur fukked

empty cookie jar
    empty cookie jar's Avatar Become A Pro!

that dang ole 2nd guessing

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jwbama23 View Post
    I was between Wich St or Buffalo today. I took Wich st. I went 2-1. Ive been kicking myself all nite
    I like your avatar

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

i never let anyone affect if im playing a game, except brock

Gonad
    Gonad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6953

Gotten my teeth kicked in for 5 straight games, leans be damned...

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11977

back when i first joined this place i tried to take in the angles and opinions of all the well respected cappers. didn't work, i just became so convoluted with excess info that my own judgment and reasoning were vastly overshadowed/impaired.

so i shut out the voices, started to do my own thing, and feel i am better for it now. there's been plenty of ups and downs, but luckily (ever) slightly more ups.

and going along with what others have said, you have to respect brock's opinion. the power of his plays are unreal.

tickingclock1
    tickingclock1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never 2nd guess yourself. Trust yourself over inferior opinions. Weeding poor advice and opinion is a key to sucess.

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

you have a better chance of picking a winner than picking a picker of a winner.