hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

What happened to music?

Was the halftime show music? I thought one must play an instrument to be considered a musician? That was garbage, and they had to bring out "Slash" in order to get an actual instrument on stage. They no longer write their own songs. They continually use previous songs and remake them. They no longer use musical instruments, and therefore, this is not music et al. If they are not a band, then what are they called who were on that stage? A group?

Dancing, blabbering into a microphone, and having special lights hit the stage IS NOT music. Has everything really dropped to such a low common denominator that this culture listens, loves, and accepts this filth?
    Last edited by hehfest; 02-07-11 at 11:04 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Snowball gave hehfest 18 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

The NFL is trying to appeal with the younger generation. I guess thats what they consider music nowadays.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Halftime shows like that expose them for not having any talent. They weren't even remotely camparable to those like Prince and Springstein.
    Last edited by The Seer; 02-08-11 at 12:33 AM.

shaggy3000
    shaggy3000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    Was the halftime show music? I thought one must play an instrument to be considered a musician? That was garbage, and they had to bring out "Slash" in order to get an actual instrument on stage. They no longer write their own songs. They continually use previous songs and remake them. They no longer use musical instruments, and therefore, this is not music et al. If they are not a band, then what are they called who were on that stage? A group?

Dancing, blabbering into a microphone, and having special lights hit the stage IS NOT music. Has everything really dropped to such a low common denominator that this culture listens, loves, and accepts this filth?
    were still playing instruments and writing our own songs in rock. and its still really good music. just MTV doesnt want it to be cool because you cant control a rock star like you can a Rap or Pop artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    The NFL is trying to appeal with the younger generation. I guess thats what they consider music nowadays.
    and i think they wanted something from a new hot artist instead of those old ass people theyve been having the last few years. and something safe. cause Furgie isnt going to show her because she is ******* ugly

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

who ever said you need talent to get into showbiz?

36mafia
    36mafia's Avatar Become A Pro!

where is the love?

where is the love?

where is the love, the love, the love?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Glitch, and chachi

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Yeah, this one was really bad, even for superbowl halftime shows. I'm pretty sure Fergie's dad is some big music guy, and live music really exposes her lack of talent. The rest of the Black Eyed Peas just looked awkward and clunky in the overproduction of the whole thing.

Not all pop is terrible though, Lady Gaga definitely has the chops and artistic vision even if you don't like her. As others have noted, rock and less popular music is still good. Having saccharine bubblegum at the forefront is nothing new, it's been going on as long as I remember.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Quote Originally Posted by 36mafia View Post
    where is the love?

where is the love?

where is the love, the love, the love?

its what you look like, how you behave, and how much sex you can sell - today's garbage we hear

no instrument = no skill = free for all = no real music = the death of music

Your love is in that wonderful garbage song called "boom boom boom, gonna get that". What a future for this species!

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Music is not about the lyrics anymore like in rock / metal / etc... its about the beat.

People are stupid.

Paul McCartney was the best half time show I have ever seen

brucethebear
    brucethebear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post
    Yeah, this one was really bad, even for superbowl halftime shows. I'm pretty sure Fergie's dad is some big music guy, and live music really exposes her lack of talent. The rest of the Black Eyed Peas just looked awkward and clunky in the overproduction of the whole thing.

Not all pop is terrible though, Lady Gaga definitely has the chops and artistic vision even if you don't like her. As others have noted, rock and less popular music is still good. Having saccharine bubblegum at the forefront is nothing new, it's been going on as long as I remember.
    I saw Fergie supporting the Police in Oz a couple of years back. A weird choice and her low talent level was certainly exposed.

It will certainly go down as one of the less memorable half time shows.

BtB

BobHarvey
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post

It's got to be a generational thing because I don't get the Black Eyed Peas. Fergie's hot though.

venice2222
    venice2222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2354

nobody in the black eyed peas played an instrument, and most songs were autotuned. Worst halftime show in recent memory.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have a feeling that Fergies cooch is very fukin talented.

I have it from the highest authority that she does play an instrument, too. She plays a mean slobber blues on the ol' meat whistle

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Young people(25 here) dont like that garbage either...I cant even name one song by the black eyed peas

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Name a hotter artist, family friendly, that is half time super bowl worthy. They were awful though.

NrmlCurvSurfr

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Name a hotter artist, family friendly, that is half time super bowl worthy. They were awful though.
    ??????

Do you remember how big of a SLUT Christina Aguilara used to be???? How Did she even get on the air!?! She sucks too. I was even disappointed in the commercials. Im glad FOX is out of the rotation for a couple of years, should be better next year.

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

janet's nipples

shaggy3000
    shaggy3000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    could have gone with Greenday. an idea...

NrmlCurvSurfr

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy3000 View Post

could have gone with Greenday. an idea...
    On a FOX broadcast? Never going to happen. I love Green Day though, been listening for over 20 years now!

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

If you watch the Shut Up clip from them, Will Iam or some shit has a suit with a GB symbol on it. Guess he can read the future that they would perform in the superbowl that the pack would win.

Pajda
    Pajda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 655

That was the worst half time show ever.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

it could have been worse with soulja man on that stage

BobHarvey
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

Quote Originally Posted by Pajda View Post
    That was the worst half time show ever.
    Agreed.

GELATINOUS CUBE
    SBR's 94.4% handicapper
    GELATINOUS CUBE's Avatar Become A Pro!

How about bruce springsteen's halftime act???

That was pretty awful too, even though he put alot of energy into it.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

At least Slash made an appearance, so it wasnt a complete waste of time. What were they thinking having the BEPs perform though, these guys usually open for the bands that youd expect to see do the halftime show.

U2s Superbowl show was absolutely epic following 9/11. Now that was a halftime show!

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

at least Fergie didn't botch her lines

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

All sorts of music on there....not going to please everybody.

jakethepeg
    jakethepeg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Music over the last few years can be summed up by looking at Enrique Iglesias.

In 2001, he could be your hero, kiss away the pain, and stand by your forever

In 2011, with the help of Ludacris, he's f***in you

It was dreadful musically, but Usher can dance... And if I was Slash, I would be so fed up of playing that riff by now!

jakethepeg
    jakethepeg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry - dodgy internet double-posted

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

that dude who was a blade wanabe looked freakin ridiculous imo

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Nothing happened to music. The question you should be asking yourself is ...

"When did I get so damn old?"

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wish I had said this but didn't, when Slash popped up ala Live and Let Die--one guys says "ok, now i get it, Axl pops up next with a baseball bat and starts whacking all the wannabe's on the stage"

Still waitin....

bostonbruins
    bostonbruins's Avatar Become A Pro!

World is going to shit , just another example, music is made on computers , talking replaced actual singing , every movie that comes out is a remake even if it's well disguised. There is no originality left , it's easier to take someone else's idea , reheat and spoonfeed to the braindead masses.

Chandler
    Chandler's Avatar Become A Pro!

good thoughts in this thread

123 Last