Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

Some of the music I listened to as a child that was outside my normal music were..

Gowan A Criminal Mind, Strange Animal
    John Mellencamp Hurts so good, Jack & Diane
    Hall & Oates Maneater
    Corey Hart I wear my sunglasses at night
    ZZ Top Legs
    Twisted Sister I wanna rock, Were not going to take it
    Van Halen Jump, Panama, California Girls
    David Lee Roth Just a gigolo,
    Billy Joel Uptown girl, We didn't start the fire
    Billy Idol White Wedding, Rebel Yell, Mony Mony

In school I couldn't stand some Rock/Metal because they played to much of it at the dances. Most slow songs played were Rock/Metal. I thought they could have mixed in some R&B in there. But since I started trying to learn to play guitar I have been listening to more that old stuff. Some of it I hated back then.

Matallica Sandman, Nothin else matters
    Guns N Roses Sweet child of mine, Paradise city, Welcome to the jungle
    Def Leppard Pour some sugar on me (hated this song back in the day, they would kill it in school)
    Bon Jovi Livin on a prayer, You give love a bad name, Wanted dead or alive

James

Flexin

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy3000 View Post
    not many "metal" bands go on TRL or are from vegas i want to start a radio station just to make fun of these guys. it would be the slogan. "Rock as long as its not Avenged Sevenfold" we could have T-shirts and everything
    Whats TRL?

James

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33110

Quote Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
    Whats TRL?

James

MTV show , TOTAL REQUEST LIVE

scoobs
    scoobs's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would rather hear scretching crying babies than what was the "entertainment" of half time.

Flexin

Quote Originally Posted by mr. leisure View Post
    MTV show , TOTAL REQUEST LIVE
    Thanks. I'm sure its not something I would watch. If I watch videos on tv its mostly Hip Hop/R&B. I know I will like most of it. If I watch something else I might get something that I can't stand, maybe some Taylor Swift or something.

If I want to listen to Rock/Metal or something like that I will listen to it on Youtube for the most part. I can search for what I know and sometimes will click on the others listed with it to check them out. Or my brother in law will give me a song to check out. The last one was River by Good Charlotte which I like.

James

shaggy3000
    shaggy3000's Avatar Become A Pro!

fine Flex i have to suggest that you look up Boy Hits Car. not a big band but they are amazing. some friends of mine. i wanted to be their manager but they didnt take me serious. they use to be bigger but they take too long to right albums but are about to release a new one. i must insist you check them out. theyre new stuff is on boyhitscar.com not metal just a little different take on rock. if you dont like it its fine but if you were like me and got the honor of seeing them live you wouldnt be able to stop suggesting them to other as i am doing to you now.

Flexin

fine Flex i have to suggest that you look up Boy Hits Car. not a big band but they are amazing. some friends of mine. i wanted to be their manager but they didnt take me serious. they use to be bigger but they take too long to right albums but are about to release a new one. i must insist you check them out. theyre new stuff is on boyhitscar.com not metal just a little different take on rock. if you dont like it its fine but if you were like me and got the honor of seeing them live you wouldnt be able to stop suggesting them to other as i am doing to you now.
    I'm checking it out now. I was going to ask you to suggest something.

James

shaggy3000
    shaggy3000's Avatar Become A Pro!

i mean thats a little different from stuff you hear anywhere. other than that. foo fighters, chevelle, breaking benjamin, shinedown, stone sour. i could honestly go on for hours. and all great live bands. i quit listening to bands if they suck live.

Flexin

They are not bad. I would say the one I like the best is "It's Alright". I also found some on Youtube but that was my favorite one.

James

Flexin

i mean thats a little different from stuff you hear anywhere. other than that. foo fighters, chevelle, breaking benjamin, shinedown, stone sour. i could honestly go on for hours. and all great live bands. i quit listening to bands if they suck live.
    Foo Fighters I heard of, I wouldn't be able to name a song of thiers. I just listened a bit of two songs and they are pretty good. I have The Red on by Chevelle on right now. I kinda like that one.

I now have I will not bow on by Breaking Benjamina. That one is pretty good. Give me a sign isn't as good.

Shinedown Second Chance. I'm pretty sure I heard this song before but never heard of the band. This song isn't bad. Simple Man is pretty good.

Stone Sour Inhale isn't bad. Made of Scars is good.

I like Motocross and some of the songs remind me of that so that part of what I like. The Motocross videos or old Skateboard movies had songs that I liked that were not something I would normally listen to but I like.

James

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Coldplay would have been legit, some will say gay, boils down to it, they are great musicians and very family friendly.

Flexin

Quote Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
    Easy now. What about Death Metal? Don't try to tell me its about the lyrics. And some music now is done for the clubs. Someone else was talking about it all being computers. They are wrong. One Hip Hop group comes to mind that plays instruments. Go to Youtube and search for "The Roots". Some others would be John Legend, Alica Keys. And I know there are many more. Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean its not music. James
    Wyclef Jean plays guitar.

James

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

usher saved it from completely being pure crap

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Tv on the radio- wolf like me. Look up their letterman appearence on youtube.

The entrace band

People under the stairs - acid rain drops

Lcd soundsystem

Modest mouse- anything really by them

Silversun pickups- faux shoegazey kinda band

Aloe blacc- i need a dollar

Try some real musik

I lump your everymans gutteral rooster rock a la breaking benjiman and dautry in with the black eyed peas. Id burn them all

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by Romanov View Post
    Tv on the radio- wolf like me. Look up their letterman appearence on youtube.

The entrace band

People under the stairs - acid rain drops

Lcd soundsystem

Modest mouse- anything really by them

Silversun pickups- faux shoegazey kinda band

Aloe blacc- i need a dollar

Try some real musik

I lump your everymans gutteral rooster rock a la breaking benjiman and dautry in with the black eyed peas. Id burn them all
    So you think that you are elitist because you listen to a different arrangement of chords than other people do? Strange.

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Yeah, I would say I know a teensy little bit more than the average joe does about music; those were some contemporary musicians that I listen to. Call it elitism but I would never consider a "band" (lets not get into the corporate puppeteering here) the likes of Breaking Benjamin to be real music. I call it trash. Lower class angst wrought into a marketable form for every pretty little girl and boy... er broken and down, uneducated man or woman.

Though I have a background in music and music theory, I recognize the fact that no person's taste is "better" than another's but as my own conscious self, I am led to believe just so. When I see people who are the equivalent of plants, people with the mental capacity of 3 year olds, and they like rooster-rock/fergie/beiber I cannot help but think that I am somewhat distinguishable, at least in my ability of musical interpretation, from them. Sadly I cannot come to this conclusion for my whole being, I cannot separate myself from the my own sad, listless, impotent brethren. But i feel I can do just that, just a little bit when it comes to music.

Sorry for rant
    Last edited by Romanov; 02-09-11 at 09:41 AM.

blueghost
    blueghost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

im sure if AXL was watching that cover of sweet child o mine he was really pleased

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Best Superbowl halftime I've ever seen was 1997.

Blues Brothers Bash - Dan Aykroyd, James Belushi, John Goodman

James Brown

ZZ Top

all separate then together for the finale

it was smokin everyone loved it.

was also longer than this commercial shit they show nowadays

TCMBob
    Whatever "JQ" isn't playin'
    TCMBob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

yes, it did expose the lack of talent

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Going to see BBKing on the 19th, I am pumped about it.

First 123