VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

College Hockey Bet For Monday

This total is ridiculous and thank god for 5dimes they have a limit. The Beanpot starts tomorrow in Boston and this is the first game on the card at 5pm ET

Harvard/Northeastern OVER 4 (-120)

Unfortunately, there is a $50 MAX wager. Tried to hit it hard, but kept rejecting my wagers. Finally found out the max and had to settle. Really like the over in the BU/BC game as well at 6 -120

VegasInsider
    Update your status

I'm not sure how many other books offer college hockey lines, but 5dimes does.

tickingclock1
    tickingclock1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the play. Ill follow.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

that seems extremely low for a college hockey game, heck I'm trying to think off the top of my head throughout my 4 years in college if I took part in a game that had under 4 and I can't, sure there were a few, but not many....I know its the BeanPot and that's a rivalry but still low, heck 5 is a low total for college, those goalies must be 2 of the best in the nation.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Harvand is 4-17 on the season and plays a very slow paced game. They don't have the speed to keep up with a Hockey East club and should get dominated by a better-than-average Northeastern squad. Harvard might have some decent chances as Northeastern averages 16.8 penalty minutes a game (8 minors, that's a lot).

I'm thinking 4-1 Northeastern

Could be a shootout in the BU/BC game. Someone will hang 5...

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    that seems extremely low for a college hockey game, heck I'm trying to think off the top of my head throughout my 4 years in college if I took part in a game that had under 4 and I can't, sure there were a few, but not many....I know its the BeanPot and that's a rivalry but still low, heck 5 is a low total for college, those goalies must be 2 of the best in the nation.
    In 21 games this season, Harvard has only scored 39 toals. They play extremely cautious and likes to pick their spots. Along with this, they've only allowed 68 goals but against lesser opponents as Hockey East competition.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

No spread on the BC/BU game...looks like BC -195 is the best play if you want to lay the wood.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

bu/bc....thats gonna be a great game. probably goes to overtime 2 all.

north dakota is balling. who woulda thought.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

North Dakota has really built a nice program and is playing well. They're right around 5th in the nation and have been getting a lot of respect from college hockey writers as of late. Boston College is still the clear-cut best team in the nation and should have the inside track to the Hockey East title, although New Hampshire could pose some problems. They played great against Maine this weekend.

I think Boston College is going to dominate tomorrow and -195 actually seems like decent value, especially when you consider what huge NHL favorites (sometimes up to -300)

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

bc and especially BU have been top programs for a while. be careful going against BU man.

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    North Dakota has really built a nice program and is playing well. They're right around 5th in the nation and have been getting a lot of respect from college hockey writers as of late. Boston College is still the clear-cut best team in the nation and should have the inside track to the Hockey East title, although New Hampshire could pose some problems. They played great against Maine this weekend. I think Boston College is going to dominate tomorrow and -195 actually seems like decent value, especially when you consider what huge NHL favorites (sometimes up to -300)

The Fighting Sioux have the best hockey program in the nation over the past decade IMO, built a new state of the art arena a few years back, play in the top league (WCHA), great, young coach, do a good job of keeping ND hockey talent in ND, and Grand Forks is a great hockey town.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

No doubt that ND has built a great program and the WCHA is a great league. I still have a hard time saying Hockey East isn't the toughest conference in the nation though. It's a battle every weekend in that conference. This season, the parity between the top and bottom isn't quite there as Providence College, UM-Lowell and Vermont having been playing well - but over the years, I'd consider them still the toughest conference.

I think we're looking at a 5-2 or 5-3 BC win tomorrow.

iceminers26

No doubt that ND has built a great program and the WCHA is a great league. I still have a hard time saying Hockey East isn't the toughest conference in the nation though. It's a battle every weekend in that conference. This season, the parity between the top and bottom isn't quite there as Providence College, UM-Lowell and Vermont having been playing well - but over the years, I'd consider them still the toughest conference. I think we're looking at a 5-2 or 5-3 BC win tomorrow.
    Yeah I'm not knocking HE, heck BC is always in the hunt to win the national title...think I just have some bias since I played my junior days out that way in the USHL and not around HE territory.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Bias here as well. When I was a senior in high school in Maine playing hockey, UMaine was going 42-1-2 and winning the national title. Shawn Walsh was quite the character and Paul Kariya was one hell of a college hockey player.

iceminers26

Walsh was one heck of a coach from what I hear and his record sure did indicate that.

Heading to bed, good luck on that over play.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

You have to wait till the odds change before you can hit it again.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO

You can hit it again but at -135 now for another $50 MAX =|

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Yeah, I just played it again at -135. Hoping it moves again, either way. I'll play this thing up to 4.5 or 4 (-200)

73164813-1 2/7/11 11:05am $67.50 $50.00 Pending 2/7/11 5:00pm College Hockey 901 Harvard/Northeastern Over 4 -135*

73157969-1 2/6/11 11:46pm $60.00 $50.00 Pending 2/7/11 5:00pm College Hockey 901 Harvard/Northeastern Over 4 -120*

sonyman
    sonyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

good luck with your pick!! let's see some goals

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Got -135, never seen an o/u at 4 in a college hockey game unreal.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Yeah, this seems too good to be true. Probably the softest line I've ever seen. Harvard is horrible and scores about 1.5 goals per game, but should be totally outmatched vs. Northeastern. The worst team in the ECAC should be destroyed by an upper-level team from Hockey East. If Northeastern doesn't score 3-4 goals, it'll be a disappointment.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Looks good Vegas, I'll tail you on this

Bouzouki
    Bouzouki's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3850

Be careful with that O/U on the NU/HU game. I know 4 goals looks like an easy OVER, but Harvard isn't really very good or offensively minded at all and NU defense has been pretty good recently. As for the offense of NU, they have also had trouble at times. These two teams played at NU less than a month ago and Northeastern won 3-0. I'd be careful with that O/U of 4, looks too good, like the book wants you to take it. I'd recommend a play on NU moneyline if it's reasonable. Anybody have the ML on Northeastern?

As for the BU/BC game, I can def see this game going over. These two teams like to put up points on each other and wont stop. Even if one team is way ahead, they will want to embarrass the other team in front of their own fans.
    I'd also take BC ML. Could be a little risky though because no matter how bad BU is year in and out they always play well in the Beanpot.

I'll be at the game, hopefully NU can make it past Harvard to get a chance at the 'pot next Monday night.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Yeah, I outlined Harvard's offensive struggles and style in the above posts - but still feel the over is a value play at -120 or -135

There is no ML on the Harvard/Northeastern game, only Northeastern -1.5 (+120) or Harvard +1.5 (-160)

Boston College is the ML favorite at -195

jmush
    jmush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

lets go huskies! like to see Harvard or NU actually win it this year

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by jmush View Post
    lets go huskies! like to see Harvard or NU actually win it this year
    Northeastern could do the impossible and beat Boston College in one game, but it's not likely. I also don't like the Terriers chances tonight vs. BC. I think Northeastern dominates Havahhhhd tonight.

Bouzouki

We'll see. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed tonight at the FleetCenter...ah, TD BankNorth Garden....ah, TD Garden?? Whatever....I still call it the FleetCenter. GO NU!

Bouzouki

Boston College is the ML favorite at -195

At -195, you might want to look at BU. There's a lot of value there. BU has lost all 3 regular season games to BC this year and will be out for blood in the Beanpot. BU is a pretty good team this year and they don't call the Beanpot "The BU Invitational" for nothing.

I've got a Bodog account, too bad they never have College Hockey lines other than the Frozen Four

InTheRed
    InTheRed's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17596

In their first game, a 3-0 NU win, Harvard had their third string goalie in the game while NU played their starters.

Also, NU did lose 3 straight games to Atlantic Hockey teams, the conference worse than Harvard's ECAC.

I have to agree with Bouzouki here. The O/u of 4 is baiting you into taking the over. I personally think its a 2-1 final, or a 3-1 final with an empty netter.

Overall, I would stay away from the early game.

The value play is BU + money and the over in BU/BC. I would love to play a parlay of the two. Will cash in with ease, and possibly by the end of the 2nd.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

-185 now

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Just saw that, dabbled a little more on it at -185

We'll probably do all this work for a push

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO

They refuse to move it off the 4. Game about to start soon.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

1-0 Northeastern midway through the first...

VegasInsider
    Update your status

1-0 after 1st period. Should be 2-1 Northeastern, both goalies have made retarded saves.

123 Last