Fed_42420
    Fed_42420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 227

The game could have gone either way, very easily gone either way. Did any of you watch the game? People act like Green Bay dominated the entire game when that didn't happen at all

yurnero
    yurnero's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Fed_42420 View Post
    The game could have gone either way, very easily gone either way. Did any of you watch the game? People act like Green Bay dominated the entire game when that didn't happen at all
    ^ yes

i was on gb - pts and ml BUT come on, i know i was lucky(which is WHAT SPORTS BETTING REALLY COMES DOWN TO) to cash the win. i actually hedged my bet 2nd half when it was +300 for pitt

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Finally someone who gets it..

The Over was the only wager that would have cashed 8 out of 10 times these two teams play...

BathingApe
    BathingApe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 662

For real, if Green Bay won by 14+ then I can understand all the gloating. All these guys that are bragging are just dumb. The game honestly could have gone either way. I just don't understand people sometimes. Enjoy your win but don't act like this was a lock. FYI I was on pitt +3 but I took the team totals over and pitt 2h so I just juiced out today which I don't mind because I went 8-0 in basketball this morning.

Art Vandeleigh
    Art Vandeleigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Probably looked a bit like an illusion because Pitt was down 18 points and their comeback made them seem very strong, but in reality I think if they played that game 100 times GB would have won more than 60 of them. Don't forget GB dropped a lot of wide open passes they would normally catch, some of which would have been huge gainers.

juuso
    juuso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Line was spot on. There was no correct side.

bill2266
    steelers
    bill2266's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

steelers gave packers 21 points on turn overs and still almost lost

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

A lot of PIT backers crying. Put up your hand if this surprises anyone.

Bigmikesm
    Bigmikesm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1690

I had Pitt. So yeah, the wrong side cashed!!!

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

Before game, there is no wrong side, but wrong price. After game, there is no wrong price but wrong side. How about that answer?

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

It was a decent game in spite of all the errors Big Rape made in judgement. It's always nice to have an new team win a super bowl.

Frostware
    Frostware's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5433

Good game either way

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12515

I was on the wrong side, but my whole football season was like that this year. Thank gosh I have poker to fall back on.

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Good game, Pitt might have won if they didn't turn it over 3 times...

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

To the victor go the spoils. Third turnover decided game. The 'story' is written after the game, just as the victor in war writes the history books. Fact remains that GB had no running game; they were 12-2 SU and ATS when they rushed for at least 80 yards, and just 1-4 SU and 0-5 ATS when they missed that target. Last night GB was held to just 50 yards rushing, which 'normally' would have produced a Steelers victory. But that went out of the window with the third turnover (GB gets credit for forcing turnovers, of course).

I noticed that Big Ben on several occasions pump faked the ball, only to throw it in the very same direction he had just faked to. The first interception was an example of this. That's the same as giving a defender a head start instead of sending him in the wrong direction. Not too smart.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by B1GER1C828 View Post
    If you took Pitt, the answer is yes. If you took GB, the answer is no. I took gb, thus the answer is no.

Agreed.

Let's make a new thread for discussions like these entitled "sore losers venting"

beaunose2002
    beaunose2002's Avatar Become A Pro!

its funny as expected all the GB "experts" talking like everyone else was a dumb "ass"
    take away one turnover and the winner is in Pittsburgh . Obviously the best team won (no officiating controversies) but dont act like it was a one sided deal.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

It took a Charles Woodson injury and Mike McCarthy's inexplicable decision to kick the FG and give the ball back to Pittsburgh up less than a TD with 2 mins to go, but my Pittsburgh+9/Over 40 teaser was the "right" call.

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2673

Was a little worried when Pitt began the comeback in the 3rd and felt GB took their foot "off the peddle" but it seemed going into this game that not much talk was being said about the GB defense. I think one of the biggest plays was the Clay Matthews rush against the Pitt RB causing the fumble. Huge momentum shift in the second half based on that. Much talk was on how good the Pitt D was going to be and Troy Polamau. Didn't he get beat on one of the GB touchdowns with Jennings? Thought there was huge separation there. These are just observations and nothing more after the game...

First 12