rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Is Michigan St. The Most Disappointing Team of All Time?

They were preseason #2 but Duke was #1 only because of Kyrie Irving so really once he went down this was supposed to be the best team in the country now they could miss the NIT if they do not win a few games.

raggman
    raggman's Avatar Become A Pro!

michigan state must have issues--they look like they have quit

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Michigan State lost 2 guards, including their best 3pt shooter and perimeter defender in Chris Allen, to transfer. Two of their wing prospects redshirted. Keith Appling and Adriean Payne haven't produced at the level that was expected of 5-star recruits and McDonalds All Americans. Kalin Lucas is still recovering from the achillies tear he suffered last year.

Illinois, on the other hand, has none of these things, and they still lost to UIC, Indiana, Penn State, and NW. What's their excuse?

MSU could be the biggest disappointment of the year, but Baylor, Illinois, Kansas State, the entire Pac-10 and SEC West are right up there too.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Baylor should of been better but they lost their two interior defenders Lomers and Udoh, their coach is an idiot for playing zone again this year without those guys.

Illinois is a disappointment sure but they missed the tourney while Michigan St. was a final four team and seemingly had a better roster.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

No tournament for the great Izzo

Milanboy
    Milanboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

They have been such a letdown this season. I'm from Michigan and everyone is pretty much stunned at how bad they are.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post
    Michigan State lost 2 guards, including their best 3pt shooter and perimeter defender in Chris Allen, to transfer. Two of their wing prospects redshirted. Keith Appling and Adriean Payne haven't produced at the level that was expected of 5-star recruits and McDonalds All Americans. Kalin Lucas is still recovering from the achillies tear he suffered last year.

Illinois, on the other hand, has none of these things, and they still lost to UIC, Indiana, Penn State, and NW. What's their excuse?

MSU could be the biggest disappointment of the year, but Baylor, Illinois, Kansas State, the entire Pac-10 and SEC West are right up there too.
    Good post.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    You are a typical loser/hater from Illinois, Brock.

I can tell you've been waiting patiently for the last 14 years to say this.

jagaf22
    jagaf22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    No tournament for the great Weber for the second straight year.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Texas had the #1 team in the nation last year and then fell off the face off the earth

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    You are a typical loser/hater from Illinois, Brock. I can tell you've been waiting patiently for the last 14 years to say this.
    no, just been listening to every asshole say how, its ok, he'll just win in the tournament. Well he won't be going this year, was a damn miracle they got out of the 2nd round last year

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post

They lost Chris Allen way before the season, before they were ranked #2, same for redshirts. That's a non-issue. They were ranked #2 a few games INTO the season, not preseason. They haven't produced, yeah that's right, exactly. I can't ever recall a team ranked #2 during the season then fail to make the tourney. Maybe it's happened, but I can't recall it.

Illinois wasn't ranked #2 so there's no comparison. They were ranked around #20 and were #25 coming into this week. Disappointing season so far for the Illini, but not even in the stratosphere of disappointment as MSU. No comparison.

jagaf22
    jagaf22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

You are a typical loser/hater from Illinois, Brock.

I can tell you've been waiting patiently for the last 14 years to say this.

Touche! Evaluate your own team Landers.

ATP123
    ATP123's Avatar Become A Pro!

would be if all their guys were playing

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    They lost Chris Allen way before the season, before they were ranked #2, same for redshirts. That's a non-issue. They were ranked #2 a few games INTO the season, not preseason.
    This makes zero sense.

They didn't keep that No. 2 ranking long. They lost to the first competitive team they played (UConn) and kept losing from there. They were overrated by the media, who failed to take these things into consideration.

I'm not saying they haven't been a huge disappointment, but that No. 2 ranking was a joke in the first place.

bamacards
    bamacards's Avatar Become A Pro!

..SEC West are right up there too

i don't think anybody thought the sec west was going to be good

bamacards
    bamacards's Avatar Become A Pro!

..SEC West are right up there too

i don't think anybody thought the sec west was going to be good

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

This makes zero sense.

They didn't keep that No. 2 ranking long. They lost to the first competitive team they played (UConn) and kept losing from there. They were overrated by the media, who failed to take these things into consideration.

I'm not saying they haven't been a huge disappointment, but that No. 2 ranking was a joke in the first place.
    Well I suppose that goes without saying now, but there it was. I'm just saying, can you recall a team ranked #2 three games into the season then failing to even make the NCAA tourney. I wonder if it has ever happened. And it's not as if they've been decimated by a rash of injuries. Lucious was dismissed recently, but I don't think they've lost any players to injuries for significant time. Duke lost their best player and they're still in the top few.