Eduardo23
    Eduardo23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2356

Impact of Melvin Gordon Signing With The Broncos; AFC West Odds For Denver

Melvin Gordon will stay in the AFC West after joining the Broncos. Is this the right move for him? What went wrong in Los Angeles? Can the Broncos be competitive in the AFC West?
    What do you guys think? Read more here.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo23 View Post
    What do you guys think? Read more here.
    Cowherd intervied him the other day, first time I had the chance to listen to him at length, before that the only time I heard him were in 10 second sound bites.

He came across likeable and intelligent.

He got into a pissing contest with the Charger brass over money and that usually doesn't end well especially when the guy stepping up in his role (Ekeler) was doing a better job than Gordon did.
    Plus Ekeler was like Matt Forte, getting 8 targets a game or so, making 7 receptions.
    Look at his final numbers for the year, 108 targets out of the backfield, 92 receptions, averaging over 10 yards per catch.
    Those are indeed Matt Forte numbers.
    In week five Rivers targeted him 16 times and grabbed 15 of them.

I get the feeling (I don't know this for a fact) that Gordon was getting bad business advice, most likely from his agent, and when Ekeler was tearing it up it smacked Gordon right between the eyes "Hey, maybe I should get my ass back into the game"
    |
    By then it was too late.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

8-8

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good signing
    Denver