ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Attn: IF Buying A New Cell Phone

Shopping around for the semi-new blackberry torch. Its $99 everywhere in NY area. After research, found it on radioshack dot com for free. Even switched the same number from verizon. Phone came in 2 days. They have similar deals for androids and many different providers. Check it out before you buy. I know this thread probably should be in the "saloon". But nobody reads that shit. Maybe this will save somebody some$$$. Been seeing new phone threads lately.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

Do you have to switch providers or sign a new contract?

ttrace35

Yea. My girl switched providers and had to sign a new 2 year agreement. Pretty much same rules everywhere as far as that.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

http://www.wirefly.com/eCommerce/Spe...bbc570d1595ad8

Most phones can be had for very cheap....doesn't take long to find it.

Nice phone...If I stuck with blackberry, then I'd get that phone. But wanted an Android phone, so switched to sprint, and they paid my early termination fee, to switch to their service.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    http://www.wirefly.com/eCommerce/Spe...bbc570d1595ad8

Most phones can be had for very cheap....doesn't take long to find it.

Nice phone...If I stuck with blackberry, then I'd get that phone. But wanted an Android phone, so switched to sprint, and they paid my early termination fee, to switch to their service.
    yea. That's a good site too. In this area we don't get a lot of discounts. I tried once to order from wirefly but the discount didn't apply to my area.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

I got the torch its pretty sweet had the xperia x10 before

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

torch has been $.01 on amazon for months.

not exactly newsworthy.

rather get the optimus droid for virgin mobile. no contract service for $25 a month.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    torch has been $.01 on amazon for months.

not exactly newsworthy.

rather get the optimus droid for virgin mobile. no contract service for $25 a month.
    Ok my bad. You can keep your virgin mobile. I didn't even know they still made those

geebert74
    geebert74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Yes, they do have good deals because they can charge whatever they want for them... the only thing you have to be careful about is the parts and or accessories... These "authorized resellers" do not have to give you RIM accessories even though they are selling you RIM equipment. Accessories being the battery, car charger, home charger, case, headset, etc.

I used to be a tech for Verizon and would see this all the time. The radio shack sold the phone to the customer and within a month the batter was shot. The customer brought the phone into the store and we could not warantee the defective parts because they were not Something Verizon sold.

So we tell the customer to go back to where he purchased it and they tell him sorry, you are out of your 30 days and because you did not purchase the extended warantee with us, they will do nothing but sell him the new battery.

So yes, if you want a good deal up front but could quite possibly face issues that will cost you more money in the future, by all means go to radio shack, wireless zone, family wireless or where ever you wish to go. But if you want the defective product to be guaranteed and honored by the company you pay every month go back to the retail store and purchase your equipment from them.