Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cannot qualify for Saturday Poker

Just cannot win . it is Friday now and I cannot even advance to the final table on a weekday. even though i am playing reasonably well. some river flop keeps knocking me out. FUK THIS FUK POKER I HATE YOU ALL ! IM NEVER COMING BACK TO THE POKER TABLES NEVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<<<<<<< runs into room crying >>>>>>>>>
    Last edited by Wulfman14; 02-04-11 at 01:40 AM.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

btw if anyone saw Billy Madison then you will find the above some funny ass shiznit

Slainte
    Slainte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Same here, i don't think i'm gonna win ever any of them tourneys

Seems impossible and you got desperate AND suddenly you see some guys winning 2 in a row and ask yourself what the **** is wrong with me? Why God?

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

That's poker..

geebert74
    geebert74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

I only cashed once but played every night... Nothing you can do about a bad beat.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by vegasinsider View Post
    that's poker..
    9.8/10

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 463

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfman14 View Post
    Just cannot win . it is Friday now and I cannot even advance to the final table on a weekday. even though i am playing reasonably well. some river flop keeps knocking me out. FUK THIS FUK POKER I HATE YOU ALL ! IM NEVER COMING BACK TO THE POKER TABLES NEVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<<<<<<< runs into room crying >>>>>>>>>
    which tourney are you in today ???

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

4 pm

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Dude, the river card usually fukks us all. This isn't news to any poker player. It is what it is.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hang in there. All posters have been bringing their A games in the SBR Poker Championship.

Certainly not for the faint of heart that's for sure. I might have saw more re-raises, continuation bets and stone-cold bluffs in 10 minutes last night than a heavily edited ESPN World Series of Poker episode.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

3 Final Tables, 1 2nd place to show for it.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDunlop View Post
    3 Final Tables, 1 2nd place to show for it.
    you got your skill s intact fuzzy . you are a solid player

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Hang in there. All posters have been bringing their A games in the SBR Poker Championship.

Certainly not for the faint of heart that's for sure. I might have saw more re-raises, continuation bets and stone-cold bluffs in 10 minutes last night than a heavily edited ESPN World Series of Poker episode.
    thanks Lou. it especially gets crazy after the 5 min break . have to change your whole approach . everyone going all in and raising. much more bluffing taking place also.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Its soooo frustrating. Especially when you've battled like crazy to get in the top 18 and can't get anything better than a 9,4. Personally I would love to play Steve and Micky and the rest of those sharks on Saturday. We need a live feed slightly delayed that shows their hole card. I would love to watch a little if we could see the cards.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

i usually hang around after i am eliminated and watch the big guns. i try to mimic their technique when i play in future tourneys.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Its soooo frustrating. Especially when you've battled like crazy to get in the top 18 and can't get anything better than a 9,4. Personally I would love to play Steve and Micky and the rest of those sharks on Saturday. We need a live feed slightly delayed that shows their hole card. I would love to watch a little if we could see the cards.
    steve and micky , profane, lvherbie, jnickel, bob loblaw these guys are doing something right thats for sure !

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

"donk"aments

Leave skilled play at home after the break because it is nothing more than crapshoot of guys going all in every hand, you just gotta pick a hand and hope you get lucky. You would never see this type of play in a $500 buy-in tournament these guys don't know how to play once the blinds get up so its just turns into an all in fest.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    "donk"aments

Leave skilled play at home after the break because it is nothing more than crapshoot of guys going all in every hand, you just gotta pick a hand and hope you get lucky. You would never see this type of play in a $500 buy-in tournament these guys don't know how to play once the blinds get up so its just turns into an all in fest.
    agreed sharp. i think i am too focused and playing with too much pre meditation deep into these tourneys .. that is what is screwing me. i have to pick a hand , pick my nose and shove like the rest of em.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

blinds going up kills me too. then when the blinds are taking all my chips i go all in to get something back and end up being eliminated. fukkin blinds. they should keep em at 300 max. after 2 hours of play whoever has the most chips wins. i would win in that tourney template .

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

You can do everything right and lose just like in sports as well sometimes.

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2209

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfman14 View Post
    steve and micky , profane, lvherbie, jnickel, bob loblaw these guys are doing something right thats for sure !
    Thanks man. 3 straight top 3 finishes for me, I would also think I'm doing something right. I don't really know what I can tell you. It's mostly instinct with some luck mixed in. Also, the biggest key for me since I started playing years ago is don't be afraid to fold. It's ok to bluff or go in with mediocre hands every now and then if you're feeling it but overall save your chips for when you have a great hand. I see so many people get a,k/q,q/j,j/etc that feel they have to play to the end with those cards no matter what comes out on the flop/turn/river. Some people just don't realize those hands are beatable and it's ok to fold them before they go broke with them.

1949's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1648

I find it amuzing......evryone thinks that if they know the game they will automatically win.....even the pros don't make it to the final all that often. It's the nature of the game. 80% is luck of the cards
    10% shit luck and 10% skill
    i've made it to 19------2... And... 16 so far but i'll keep trying may get lucky enough to get the the final table and skillful enough to finish first, but poker is poker....

Good luck everyone and c u there

AmpleGamble
    AmpleGamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 834

im gonna start trying

FuzzyDunlop

"donk"aments

I couldn't disagree with this more.

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good play in a tournament this size will get you down to the final table, then you need some luck to win.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

It's all luck. Last night I went to final table with the least chips. I made it to final three by getting a couple lucky breaks and was leading with chips and then one bad break and lost it all. Keep trying. The goal is to make the final table. Once you do that you need plenty of luck and no bad breaks. At some point the blinds get so big at the end it's anyone's game.

joe blow
    joe blow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 99

The blinds really go up very fast

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

it sure is fun.but not expecting to much success

Richards
    Richards's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

"donk"aments

I've seen more "good plays" in the new satellite format than in the previous format. I don't know if people are just more focused or what.

FuzzyDunlop

I haven't seen many bad shoves, but have seen tons of just silly calls to shoves from the 200/400/25 level on.
    Last edited by FuzzyDunlop; 02-04-11 at 11:21 AM.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Thanks man. 3 straight top 3 finishes for me, I would also think I'm doing something right. I don't really know what I can tell you. It's mostly instinct with some luck mixed in. Also, the biggest key for me since I started playing years ago is don't be afraid to fold. It's ok to bluff or go in with mediocre hands every now and then if you're feeling it but overall save your chips for when you have a great hand. I see so many people get a,k/q,q/j,j/etc that feel they have to play to the end with those cards no matter what comes out on the flop/turn/river. Some people just don't realize those hands are beatable and it's ok to fold them before they go broke with them.
    some solid advice here .

mvp123
    mvp123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5039

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post

yeah that is what would be fun , at pokerstars i usually watch the sunday million final table that they run all week with hole cards exposed

kidk
    kidk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by geebert74 View Post
    I only cashed once but played every night... Nothing you can do about a bad beat.
    its free who cares if u dont make it u dont lose anything by it

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Just gotta hope you're not to the left of the chip leader. I don't know how many times I've been big blind and he tries to put me all in.

Fieldysnuts44
    @poker table near you
    Fieldysnuts44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Hang in there Wulfman.A lot of poker is physcological,if you are already thinking that you are beat than you are.SBR John I think that is great idea,but dont show the tourny untill after its over,it will be to easy to switch back and forth to see how a guy is playing.

12 Last