Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Why the hatred for Irish?

Guy is basically saying they were treated as blacks. This isn't new to me, just curious. They were hard workers and built America. Fukk me!!!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Irish built America?

Jews run it

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

They were mostly catholic, which was a big cause of concern for protestant early America. They were also poor and uncivilized, being basically exported serfs. They weren't enslaved, but became an underclass in America society.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Irish built America? Jews run it
    Yes

Jews buried many in the great depression stealing businesses and such. Bad for America.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Notre Dame is okay with me.

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

The facts: HUMANS are extreme racists and will always be until the end comes. No logic there, but it's true and bone deep!
    If you don't fit their profile, they will find a way to, first hate you, then, try to extinguish you.

Take it from an old experienced combat veteran of 60 years of human warfare!
    [Sorry about breaking the bad news for the decent young people that haven't been in involved inhuman warfare, yet!]

PingPong
    I need a job
    PingPong's Avatar Become A Pro!

crab people

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10443

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Guy is basically saying they were treated as blacks. This isn't new to me, just curious. They were hard workers and built America. Fukk me!!!
    What guy are you talking about Duece?

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

If nothing else, they do make a good beer.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jagaf22

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I never met anyone who hates Irish expect the occasional abnoxious drunktards who don't know when to stop. Irish are good peoples.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I never met anyone who hates Irish expect the occasional abnoxious drunktards who don't know when to stop. Irish are good peoples.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by MBENZ View Post
    Prof is class discussed that today for a bit.

odusmykal
    odusmykal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5944

In general, i have no problem with the Irish.. But, the Irish Travelers,(AKA Gypsies) are scum of the earth.. A large colony of these irish travelers live near me.. They are almost like a cult.. Marry their cousins in arranged marriages, stop going to school in the 8th grade, make their living by stealing from the elderly.. Don't talk to anyone outside their family, err colony.. Very strange people who give all irish people a bad rep..

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post
    The facts: HUMANS are extreme racists and will always be until the end comes. No logic there, but it's true and bone deep! If you don't fit their profile, they will find a way to, first hate you, then, try to extinguish you. Take it from an old experienced combat veteran of 60 years of human warfare! [Sorry about breaking the bad news for the decent young people that haven't been in involved inhuman warfare, yet!]
    To be fair thats partially because u chose to indoctrinate yourself with ppl of that mindset. You yourself dont sound as though u folllow same characteristics but that youve been exposed to that type of behaviour for a extended period, thus giving u the mental reasoning that this is how it is.....Y do so many of us adults simply 'give up' when it comes to producing positive life outcomes for those whose fields of perception are somewhat mired down in self limitation.... GL...

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Everybody else gets hated on.... Equal opportunity hatred...

SBRtv Judie
    SBRtv Judie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

During the period of peak immigration the Irish people were forced into jobs that demanded many hours of hard physical labor with very little pay. Irish immigrants often entered the workforce at the bottom of the occupational ladder and took on the menial and dangerous jobs that were often avoided by other workers. Americans disdained this type of work, fit only for servants, the common sentiment was: "Let Negroes be servants, and if not Negroes, let Irishmen fill their place..." Advertisements for employment often were followed by ......
    Many Irish women became servants or domestic workers. Many Irish men labored in coal mines and built railroads and canals. Railroad construction was so dangerous that it was said that there was an Irishman buried under every tie.

A common saying in the USA was: "The Negro is black outside; the Irishman is black inside", showing very drastically how little they were welcome. The resentment against the Irish wasn’t only uttered in private, it was also published in newspapers: The Chicago Post for example wrote, "The Irish fill our prisons, our poor houses...Scratch a convict or a pauper, and the chances are that you tickle the skin of an Irish Catholic. Putting them on a boat and sending them home would end crime in this country."

Check out the full article, it's a good read!
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 06-11-15 at 02:38 PM. Reason: image does not exist

saintjames
    saintjames's Avatar Become A Pro!

Q - how can u handcuff an irishman?

A - with 2 beers

SBRtv Judie

Fair enough!

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

deuce taking advice from some left wing pussy professor

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    deuce taking advice from some left wing pussy professor
    not sure how "some left wing pussy professor" has anything to do with this discussion. Absolutely pointless comment.

As for the Irish being discriminated against.....people in our generation would not understand how a group of people that are considered today as sort of the original "white" Americans and are so prominent in our nation today could be discriminated against. People don't realize the Irish were once immigrants themselves and as someone mentioned above, they were Catholic and seen as unruly drunks by the WASPS and natives already entrenched in America since the founding. The Irish were discriminated for many of the same reasons Italians, Eastern Europeans, Asians, and Mexicans were discriminated. They took native jobs, they were "foreign", etc.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

i like them

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MBENZ

hey nyed, read the thread and stop your C and P tactics trying to look intelligent you dork

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MBENZ

hey nyed, read the thread and stop your C and P tactics trying to look intelligent you dork
    . The point wasn't about the presence of the professor, it was about the fact that you said "left-wing". The professor being left-wing or right-wing has absolutely zero bearing on the subject of discrimination against the Irish, you idiot. Cut and paste ? Anyone that took history beyond Elementary level knows this information and I just took a race and ethnicity class last semester.

odusmykal

AN article from Dateline NBC about Irish Travelers

Money and Marriages

One night the main drag of Murphy Village was jammed with shiny new trucks and girls gussied up for a dance. They call it looping, part of an old-fashioned mating ritual.
    "For instance, whenever you're a teenager, you're not allowed to date. You don't date," says Irish Traveler Wanda Mary Normile.
    Wanda Mary helped us understand what we were seeing on a Murphy Village home video.
    "She'll like, do a model walk down the runway, you know," says Wanda Mary. "And turn around and show off her dress. She'll change two or three times, you know and show off her clothes and her body - what she looks like."
    Murphy Village Travelers dress their preschoolers - kids as young as five to six years old - in sequined designer gowns. They put makeup on their toddlers.
    "They're taught to dance early in very voluptuous ways that you wouldn't have your little girl you know, to touch themselves, to rub themselves, to move, to get attention," says Patsy Hart, one of few outsiders to marry an Irish Traveler in Murphy Village.
    She says those parties are often negotiations for money and marriage.
    "They could be playing in a sandbox one day, and snatched up and took and got married the next and be ten years old and have a baby by the time they are 11," says Hart.
    Patsy Hart says her husband was 17 when he married his first wife - who was only 11.
    What did he say when Hart asked him how he could marry a child? "He just said that's the way it is," she says. "You can't do anything about it."
    When Patsy's son was born, she says she learned quickly the value placed on boys in Murphy Village.
    "I had five women that came into my home and sat down and talked to me about engaging my son to their daughter," says Hart.
    For how much money? "At the time it was $125,000 up to $250,000 because Bad Petie - he was like a legend in the village."
    Bad Petie was Patsy's husband.
    Was he ever arrested?
    "Yes, quite a few times," says Hart.
    For what? "Flim-flam con-artist," she says.
    Did she ever confront her husband and say this is not right?
    "Yes," says Hart. "I asked him why, but he said this is their way their way of life."
    Patsy left the village and divorced her husband. Wanda Mary, really a Northern Traveler who spent time in Murphy Village, admits to having had 28 aliases, running repair scams, shoplifting. She boasts of almost pulling off the most ambitious scam in Traveler history. It all started with a 911 call.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

lost too much $$ on notre dame, the celtics and marcus davis.

odusmykal

Quote Originally Posted by odusmykal View Post
    - kids as young as five to six years old - in sequined designer gowns. They put makeup on their toddlers.
    "They're taught to dance early in very voluptuous ways that you wouldn't have your little girl you know, to touch themselves, to rub themselves, to move, to get attention," says Patsy Hart, one of few outsiders to marry an Irish Traveler in Murphy Village.
    She says those parties are often negotiations for money and marriage.
    "They could be playing in a sandbox one day, and snatched up and took and got married the next and be ten years old and have a baby by the time they are 11," says Hart.
    Hard to not have hatred for pedafiles and sicko's like this.. And its not just a few hundred who practice this, the numbers are in the thousands!! Like i said in an earlier post, I have no problem with the Irish, but these give all Irish a bad name..

saintjames
    saintjames's Avatar Become A Pro!

Q - what happened to all the polish fish in the ocean?

A - they all drowned

Socrates
    Socrates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by SBR.tv Judie View Post
    During the period of peak immigration the Irish people were forced into jobs that demanded many hours of hard physical labor with very little pay. Irish immigrants often entered the workforce at the bottom of the occupational ladder and took on the menial and dangerous jobs that were often avoided by other workers. Americans disdained this type of work, fit only for servants, the common sentiment was: "Let Negroes be servants, and if not Negroes, let Irishmen fill their place..." Advertisements for employment often were followed by ...... Many Irish women became servants or domestic workers. Many Irish men labored in coal mines and built railroads and canals. Railroad construction was so dangerous that it was said that there was an Irishman buried under every tie. A common saying in the USA was: "The Negro is black outside; the Irishman is black inside", showing very drastically how little they were welcome. The resentment against the Irish wasn’t only uttered in private, it was also published in newspapers: The Chicago Post for example wrote, "The Irish fill our prisons, our poor houses...Scratch a convict or a pauper, and the chances are that you tickle the skin of an Irish Catholic. Putting them on a boat and sending them home would end crime in this country." Check out the full article, it's a good read!

Fellas, you need not worry about shit like this. Every pays the price in America apparently. The good life comes at a price. The Italians were treated like shit. The Irish were treated like dogs. The Arabs, Chinese, Germans, Japanese, Poles, Mexicans, blacks and Jews have all suffered against hate. It always seems to be the whites with English/wasp backgrounds doing all the hate lol.

It's never going to go away because the ignorant, scared and uneducated (which makes up a shit load of people) will always hate on whoever is up next.

The great thing is, life nowadays judges you by the life you've put forth on your own. My point is, you're judged by who you are, and what you've accomplished and how you carry yourself as an individual.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 06-11-15 at 02:38 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

For awhile they poured off the boats and became the "Gahdamm foreigners, who took my job!"

SBRtv Judie

Yes I agree however with so many people concerned about the world falling apart, can we not stop and focus instead on the progress? The citizens of the world are slowly recognising that we are one- and the sooner the better. We've come along way from judgeing and catagorising people based on their nationality, appearance or even accents. But we need to keep learning about how we got to where we are now so that we can use this knowlegde to make better decisions in the future.
    Just a thought, like!

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Yes, I have to agree...Whites are the original champion of haters!

THE LOGIC BEHIND THE HATE:
    They have been the race who have historically garnered the highest power over all other races!

If the situation were reversed in that ancient history.." that same hatred would land directly on your White race!"

POINT: " Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely"

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    They were mostly catholic, which was a big cause of concern for protestant early America. They were also poor and uncivilized, being basically exported serfs. They weren't enslaved, but became an underclass in America society.
    THIS!

The Irish were really the first to become extremely discriminated against by the "Americans" who had just got off the boat or their parents had just got off the boat a generation ago.

Mainly because times were getting tough in the big cities of America about the time of the mass immigration from Europe so all immigrants, including Italians, were not wanted but there were just so many Irish because of the potato famine.

I know it sounds corny, but watch 'Far and Away', that movie really gives a pretty accurate description of what happened with Irish immigrants.

The large majority of the scots & irish migrated south & lived in their own clicks in the mountains & kept their culture & music alive & are what we know now as hillbillies. I are one