Lazy-Man
    Lazy-Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1137

If you get into a car accident and no police report is filed

But the other person had your license information. Can they file a lawsuit 2 months later?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Anybody can file a lawsuit. Better question is whether they will win. It's a question of proof.

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

If there is someone that is willing to take the case to court they can sue for almost anything. So the girl you hit is taking you to court now?

James

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy-Man View Post
    But the other person had your license information. Can they file a lawsuit 2 months later?

Aren't you the guy from a month ago that caused the accident and was trying to rip the girl off by not paying? If so, I think many people warned you about being a stiff. Hopefully they throw you in jail and some cellmate uses you for a pin cushion. Bad karma for not paying your debts.

Lazy-Man

Yes she's probably using text messages as proof. I emailed her my license

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Yes she's probably using text messages as proof. I emailed her my license

Could you do us a favor and text her the SBR Forum link for this thread so they can collect the rest of the evidence they need so the case doesn't carry on and cost the tax payers money? Thank you

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11653

is this a follow-up from that fender bender you had a little while back??

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Could you do us a favor and text her the SBR Forum link for this thread so they can collect the rest of the evidence they need so the case doesn't carry on and cost the tax payers money? Thank you
    I think he's been stiffing betpoints as well..

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 304

If you moved into another state change your license plates to the state you moved and she can't find you.

Or be a man and pay for your stupid mistake instead of running away from it.

todd24kb
    todd24kb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    If you moved into another state change your license plates to the state you moved and she can't find you. Or be a man and pay for your stupid mistake instead of running away from it.
    Or just burn the car and call it a day

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Yes, SOL would be 2 years, so she could wait a lot longer

sapidoc
    oddsfire
    sapidoc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 712

i sense a good story...

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

I told you to ignore her and leave it be...let her go away...dissappear...

instead you text the bitch like a dumbass...

Flexin

Quote Originally Posted by purecarnagge View Post
    I told you to ignore her and leave it be...let her go away...dissappear... instead you text the bitch like a dumbass...
    Or he could have paid her and she would have went away. And she still would have came after him if he ignored her. She just might have had less proof when she gets to court.

James

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

just fuckk her...i mean literally fuckk her

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

just pay the bitch lower than she demands and move on with your life

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Wasn't it like 400 bucks? U could of already paid her if u got a job

parlayin
    parlayin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2037

Maybe you can contact her attorney and negotiate a settlement. Do you really want to fight this?

Lazy-Man

No I don't want to fight it. Bjt I asked her to give me a second quote at least so I can make sure and she refuses. Something s fishy

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

No I don't want to fight it. Bjt I asked her to give me a second quote at least so I can make sure and she refuses. Something s fishy
    No...YOU ****** up and ignored your responsibilities. She is under no obligation to find YOU the best price. Pay the lady.

xlilsp1keyx
    xlilsp1keyx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

being taken in court is pricey and all has to do with evidence. good luck.

Flexin

It is common to get 2-3 quotes. But its not like she is asking for a huge amount of money. And judging by the things you have said in this thread and the other one I'm sure your not making her feel good about you paying. You should have paid or worked out a deal.

Didn't you say you moved 2000 miles away? If so, just think of what your going to lose. If your that far you have fuel and a place to stay unless you have friends close. Plus you will miss 2-3 days off work if your that far, unless you fly, then you have that cost as well. If your just a few hundred miles away then you will at least loss a day plus fuel/food.

Then after all that she could win. So you would spend $150-600 to try and beat the case. Plus add on what she wins, if she wins. IMO, your best case to spend at least half of what you owe her if you win the case. Thats the only way you spend less.

Looks like the bottom line is you will be parting with some money, like it or not. The only question is how much?

James

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    No...YOU ****** up and ignored your responsibilities. She is under no obligation to find YOU the best price. Pay the lady.
    idiots I tell you..

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Quote Originally Posted by Flexin View Post

It is common to get 2-3 quotes. But its not like she is asking for a huge amount of money. And judging by the things you have said in this thread and the other one I'm sure your not making her feel good about you paying. You should have paid or worked out a deal.

Didn't you say you moved 2000 miles away? If so, just think of what your going to lose. If your that far you have fuel and a place to stay unless you have friends close. Plus you will miss 2-3 days off work if your that far, unless you fly, then you have that cost as well. If your just a few hundred miles away then you will at least loss a day plus fuel/food.

Then after all that she could win. So you would spend $150-600 to try and beat the case. Plus add on what she wins, if she wins. IMO, your best case to spend at least half of what you owe her if you win the case. Thats the only way you spend less.

Looks like the bottom line is you will be parting with some money, like it or not. The only question is how much?

James
    Solid Post my friend

mcbaseball10
    mcbaseball10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1905

Judge Judy might be willing to take on this case. Get yourself some face time and wear some sbr apparel. Quote some guys on here as your legal advisers.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

just so this guy doesnt keep repeating the same question every other month......

1. she can file a lawsuit anytime before the statute of limitations runs out. it can be as little as 1 year to as high as 6 depending on the state the accident occured in.

http://www.car-accident-advice.com/s...mitations.html

2. police report is not mandatory nor required. where i live cops refuse to show up for minor fender benders, this actually happened to my mom. yet judges have no problem determining fault. watch the peoples court, they always have auto accident cases where police wasnt called. judge will listen to evidence from both sides such as photos, eyewitnesses, text messages, etc to determine fault. its not exactly rocket science.

3. if she sues, she must serve you with a summons. if you cant be located, she could publish the summons in a newspaper and that is usually enough.

4. if you do not show up for court, judge will enter a default judgement against you which means you automatically lose. judge will garnish your wages for the amount of the judgement plus court costs.

5. Pay her you stiff! it was your fault, grow up and take responsibility!!!!!!

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10260