hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

favre got screwed, but he deserved it..

ppl have short memories, this guy has been holding the team hostage every offseason since dec 2005, making demands behind the scenes, telling mgmt what to do, etc, he never wanted to go to camp and thought he was above the organization, he has been dikking around the packers for the past 3 or 4 yrs, and they got tired of it,

brett said: send me to minnesota, chicago, or tampa bay as a last resort, i just want the nfc north or at least the nfc

green bay said: fukk you buddy, youre goin to the 4-12 ny jets, not the 9-7 tampa bay bucs where you would make them a serious nfc contender,

favre, you deserved it, i enjoyed watching you as a player, but the last 3-4 yrs have revealed you as a me-first primadonna,

enjoy your 6-10 or 7-9 yr and sitting home for the playoffs,

green bay w/rodgers goes 9-7 or better and makes the playoffs in the weakass nfc

onlooker
    TRD
    onlooker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1712

I agree.

SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005

hoopster42

Quote Originally Posted by onl˛ˇker View Post

I agree.
    those of us who follow sports 24/7/365 have absolutely no sympathy for this primadonna, the rest of the ppl who look at sports as a weekend or monthly passing fancy have sympathy for favre because they either dont know the truth about his behavior the past 3-4 yrs or they choose to forget it

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3234

Jets go 10-6 skip by with a wildcard. Make some drastic changed this offseason.

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Nice points. I agree as well. Curious to see how the Jets do this year now.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6947

Jets may very well finish further than the Packers, it may be tight but they can do it with a pissed off Favre and a much improved ballclub.

hoopster42

i dont agree that the jets are that improved, they picked up some big names on the offensive line but those big names, faneca and woody, are washed up, now they have a qb who must learn the mangini tough playbook in about 4 and a half weeks to be ready to go, i just dont see it,

look at their sched:

should be wins: @ miami, miami (2 games)

should be losses: new eng, @ san diego, @ new eng, @ tenn (playoff team), @ seattle (5 gms)

swing games: arizona (improving team), cincinnati, @ oakland (improving), kc, @ buffalo (improving), st. louis (improving), denver (improving), @ san fran (improving),

2 for sure wins, 5 for sure losses, and 9 swing games, even if they go 5-4 in the swing games, they only finish 7-9

write that down gents, 7-9 at best

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

They welcomed him back, but they wouldn't let him on the sideline or the practice field until Tuesday...

hoopster42

Quote Originally Posted by purecarnagge View Post
    They welcomed him back, but they wouldn't let him on the sideline or the practice field until Tuesday...
    whats your definition of "welcomed", if you mean that they had no desire to have him back so they offered him a 25 mil "marketing" position then yeah, they welcomed him back

LOL

they had no desire whatsoever to have him back because he has fukked with the organization for nearly 4 yrs, wake up ppl

daggerkobe
    UCONN PK MICH PK PROVIDENCE +2
    daggerkobe's Avatar Become A Pro!

He got what he wanted.

purecarnagge

you think Favre needs money? Please grow up... the guy arrives to the stadium on a road named after him flew up Sunday because he was reinstated and could be fined for not attending and then they refuse to let him on the sideline or in the locker room.

They never wanted Favre back, and if you think they did your crazy. They did nothing but insult and a HOF quarterback and treat him with contempt and disdain...

He was 1 play away from a Super Bowl... You can't honestly believe Aaron Rodgers is taking Green Bay that far...

You can bash on him for unretiring, but in the end he can still play, he proved it last year, and he's the best buy on that roster and they just traded him for a 4th round draft pick...

hoopster42

Quote Originally Posted by purecarnagge View Post
    They never wanted Favre back, and if you think they did your crazy. They did nothing but insult and a HOF quarterback and treat him with contempt and disdain...
    first week of march favre is lobbying for randy moss talking about what a great duo they would be, just like he did in 2007 (another yr he talked about retiring and criticized mgmt publicly), the morning after moss re-signs w/new eng favre says he thinks its time to walk away, so he has a tearful press conf, then, within 2-3 wks of his "retirement", gb officials fly down to southern miss area and visit with him, imploring him to reconsider his "retirement" and how they can make a run to the super bowl in '08, and favre stands his ground and says "no, this is my final decision, its time for me to retire, i'm not changing my mind", gb accepts his decision and states publicly that they will retire his famed #4 jersey on opening night of the reg season, they close the book on favre and just like any good or solid org would do, they move forward with the heir apparent

so gb spends the entire offseason prepping aaron rodgers with the playbook, reps, etc, grooming him to start this fall,

as expected by myself and many others, favre gets "the itch" in june or july and says he wants to come back, but gb is tired of this act which has gone on in some form or fashion since 2005

do i have sympathy for favre?

HELL FUKKIN NO BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN HIS BULL SHIT FOR NEARLY 4 YRS AND ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

wake up ppl in lala land, this guy is a prima fukkin donna
    Last edited by hoopster42; 08-07-08 at 08:20 PM.

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

All I know is that the Jets have a much better QB than the Packers do and great QB's can make things happen.

Tsoprano
    Tsoprano's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hoopster42 View Post
    ppl have short memories, this guy has been holding the team hostage every offseason since dec 2005, making demands behind the scenes, telling mgmt what to do, etc, he never wanted to go to camp and thought he was above the organization, he has been dikking around the packers for the past 3 or 4 yrs, and they got tired of it,

brett said: send me to minnesota, chicago, or tampa bay as a last resort, i just want the nfc north or at least the nfc

green bay said: fukk you buddy, youre goin to the 4-12 ny jets, not the 9-7 tampa bay bucs where you would make them a serious nfc contender,

favre, you deserved it, i enjoyed watching you as a player, but the last 3-4 yrs have revealed you as a me-first primadonna,

green bay w/rodgers goes 9-7 or better and makes the playoffs in the weakass nfc
    100% correct.

jgm1967
    jgm1967's Avatar Become A Pro!

this will be looked at one day as one of the most foolish moves in nfl history, at least in my lifetime.

you have 5 winning seasons in 23 years until brett favre arrives,he wins you a super bowl takes you to championships,makes you a respected club instead of a sort of detroit lions cellar dwelling team.and you let him go for aaron rogers!!!!!!!!! this is planning for the future.what future,look at packers record before favre from about the late 60s

And the jets made one of the greatest moves in my lifetime of watching nfl,a new stadium, a new qb who completely changes the whole jet culture,great marketing and merchandise possibilities in one of the greatest markets for pro football..

man,what it must be like right now for a jets season ticket holder and those fans,those tickets are actually worth something now,I would be psyched for games now and how can you not improve on a four win season

I love it for the jets for new york/new jersey,and I love it for a great player like favre and its great for the nfl.very exciting.

not so great for the packers and mccarthy and thompson if the pack doesnt perform to expectations this year and make the playoffs
    Last edited by jgm1967; 08-07-08 at 08:46 PM.

SBR Founder Join Date: 10/6/2005

priceperheadexpert
    priceperheadexpert's Avatar Become A Pro!

TSOPRANO..exactly..he was out of there..JETS did well..good for them..NY deserves Favre because he competes every down..getting old sucks..but there is no player who brings passion like this guy does..he makes plays..

MonkeyF0cker
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

I agree with jgm. For those who think Favre is a prima donna, then they haven't been watching sports their ENTIRE LIVES. As I've said many times, the retirement of a GREAT HOF'er is often not an easy step for them to take. Montana and Jordan are prime examples. Favre did not hold the organization for ransom in past seasons. They were waiting for his final decision, however. What makes you think he HAS to make a decision on HIS OWN career at point that is convenient for the Packer organization? Without him, they would have been nothing the past 16 years anyway. They owed him that much. As far as asking to sign big name players like Moss, I really don't think that's an odd request for a veteran HOF'er to make to an organization's management. It's done all the time. The Packers made a huge mistake here. Rodgers is a huge question mark. The Jets will benefit greatly from this trade. They got a steal. And their SOFT schedule will contribute to them making the playoffs with ease. I was a lifelong Packers fan. Now I'm a former Packers fan. Favre gave them some amazing years and they shouldn't have even batted an eyelash at taking him back. What happens when Rodgers gets hurt or throws 9 picks in the opener? The Packers have nobody to turn to. This was a poor decision on so many fronts. Rodgers has so much pressure on him now. If this team doesn't make the playoffs, with the talent it has other than the QB position, it would be a huge travesty. But I have a funny feeling Rodgers falls flat on his face and the Packers eat crow for years to come...

purecarnagge

so if you add Randy Moss to last year GB packers, who here really thinks they wouldn't have won the super bowl last year?

I mean Green Bay had the cap room they didn't have to cut anyone and it comes down to is Ted didn't want to because Favre said publicly " he would love to have Randy in GB."

You talk of primadonna's Thompson is the biggest one of all... He know's he's shit canned if they mis the playoffs, and the Jets could make them. Favre has a better OLine than GB does, a solid RB, good TE's and a solid WR. Buffalo? Miami? two times a year? Jets could be a 10 win team easily this year... Oakland, Kansas City, St. Louis and San Francisco. Those could be W's as well. I think St. Louis will be the toughest of the teams to play against there. Thats 8 wins...

GB has the Vikings thats 2 losses if you ask me...
    Detroit now has the best QB in the division...
    Chicago might beat them if Aaron Rodgers is inconsistent.
    Its not like they have the easiest non-division schedule either.

Its okay, keep drinking the kool-aid, I have the jets at 7 wins

hoopster42

packer gm ted thompson = nfl executive of the yr in 2007, yes, he won that award, the guy literally stole ryan grant from the giants, he knows a thing or 2 about football,

in january of '09, when the packers are getting ready for the playoffs while the jets and brett favre have just finished 7-9, then the short-memoried or 'ignorant to the facts' ppl will see that this was the right move for the packers,

in jan '10 or jan '11, gb will likely make a serious run to the super bowl and if they get there it will be there first appearance since jan '98,

favre has been to 1 nfc championship in the last 10 yrs ppl, just one, a conference championship gm, the same that philip rivers has done, jake plummer, hell, rex grossman and trent dilfer have been to super bowls more recently than brett favre has,

favre is no peyton manning, no tom brady, no eli manning, no mcnabb even,

he's done, and he single-handedly gave the nfc championship game away to the giants with not one but TWO HORRIFIC PASSES, the packers were improved because of their defense more than anything

MonkeyF0cker
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Hmm. Let's see. Who is the best receiver that Brett Favre ever had to pass to? Robert Brooks? Donald Driver? Antonio Freeman? Outside of Ahman Green for the few years that he was decent and last year in the second half with the emergence of Ryan Grant, the Packers were a one dimensional team too. They had NO RUNNING GAME. Every team knew what was coming. He made the Packers winners throughout his career with VERY LITTLE to work with. Who do Manning and Brady have in their arsenal? The comparison to McNabb or Eli is laughable. Before the amazing turnaround last year, Eli Manning was considered a second rate quarterback. The Giants barely made the playoffs last year and now he's a better quarterback than Favre because they won four games in a row? That shows you know very little about the game of football. In fact, here's a report on Eli from last year:

Sunday, Nov 18, 2007 7:24 am EST

Eli Manning a second-level quarterback?
    Getty Images
    New York Daily News columnist Gary Myers polled five NFL talent evaluators recently and the consensus is Eli Manning is not an elite quarterback.

Wrote Myers: The Giants thought they were getting a star. What they've got is a complementary player dependent on all the pieces fitting neatly around him. He doesn't have great instincts and is not very creative.

Myers noted that Manning is still better than about two-thirds of the starting quarterbacks. Added Myers: If Kerry Collins, Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer can be Super Bowl quarterbacks, eventually so can Manning. But he's a second-level quarterback who is too inconsistent for a player with his experience.
    Again, Brett Favre was the runner-up for the MVP award last year. Where were Eli, McNabb, and Peyton in that voting? This is a guy that is a 17 YEAR VETERAN. He doesn't have the legs that these guys have anymore. Yet, he still had a 95.7 QB rating and led his team to a 13-3 record.

What exactly is it that you've seen about Rodgers that makes you think that he's the second coming? I certainly haven't seen much and I follow the Packers religiously. And if somehow he happens to be, what happens when Rodgers gets hurt? They throw in a rookie? Brian Brohm or Matt Flynn? Please. Obviously the linesmakers tend to agree, setting the Packer's (again 13-3 last season) regular season wins total prop at 8.5 games.

The Jets have the eighth best strength of schedule this year. Last year they went 4-12 but put up a solid fight in every game except two, once against the Patriots and their game against the Cowboys. They also came close to upsetting the mighty Patriots as well. With their offseason acquisitions, their WEAK schedule, and a tremendous improvement at quarterback, the Jets WILL make the playoffs.

purecarnagge

Favre has split this team. This isn't a team anymore, this is a circus with animals in town... This team has 3 weeks to get ready for the NFL season. You really think the GB locker room thinks Aaron Rodgers is the best option that was available to them this year?

hoopster42

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
    Hmm. Let's see. Who is the best receiver that Brett Favre ever had to pass to? Robert Brooks? Donald Driver? Antonio Freeman? Outside of Ahman Green for the few years that he was decent and last year in the second half with the emergence of Ryan Grant, the Packers were a one dimensional team too. They had NO RUNNING GAME. Every team knew what was coming. He made the Packers winners throughout his career with VERY LITTLE to work with. Who do Manning and Brady have in their arsenal? The comparison to McNabb or Eli is laughable. Before the amazing turnaround last year, Eli Manning was considered a second rate quarterback. The Giants barely made the playoffs last year and now he's a better quarterback than Favre because they won four games in a row? That shows you know very little about the game of football. In fact, here's a report on Eli from last year:

Again, Brett Favre was the runner-up for the MVP award last year. Where were Eli, McNabb, and Peyton in that voting? This is a guy that is a 17 YEAR VETERAN. He doesn't have the legs that these guys have anymore. Yet, he still had a 95.7 QB rating and led his team to a 13-3 record.

What exactly is it that you've seen about Rodgers that makes you think that he's the second coming? I certainly haven't seen much and I follow the Packers religiously. And if somehow he happens to be, what happens when Rodgers gets hurt? They throw in a rookie? Brian Brohm or Matt Flynn? Please. Obviously the linesmakers tend to agree, setting the Packer's (again 13-3 last season) regular season wins total prop at 8.5 games.

The Jets have the eighth best strength of schedule this year. Last year they went 4-12 but put up a solid fight in every game except two, once against the Patriots and their game against the Cowboys. They also came close to upsetting the mighty Patriots as well. With their offseason acquisitions, their WEAK schedule, and a tremendous improvement at quarterback, the Jets WILL make the playoffs.
    i have followed aaron rodgers since his first snap at cal-berkeley, and i think he'll be a very good qb in this league. dont start posting the first pick he throws, let the season play out then judge whether or not the packers should have believed in him.

the conclusion based on the events is that the gb packers are simply sick of favre's act. an 8 gm stretch the 2nd half of the season when the running game came to life to help support favre does not mean he can make himself bigger than the organization. you make some good pts in your piece here but you are overstating his season last yr, it was more flukish than it was normal, everything came together for favre with the running game and the schedule was fairly weak coming off the 8-8 season in 06

07 they played the following teams who did not make the playoffs: philly, minnesota twice, chicago twice, denver, kc, carolina, detroit twice, oakland, st. louis,

theres 12 gms vs. non playoff opponents, playoff teams they played were nygiants (early in the yr before they got hot) san diego (before they got hot), washington (before they got hot), at dallas,

just 4 games against playoff teams? and if you follow the nfl like i do, you will see that they played 3 of those playoff teams (ny gia, sd, wash) before all of those teams got their shit together

07 was a total mirage and favre is overrated based on that
    Last edited by hoopster42; 08-07-08 at 11:45 PM.

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I don't know if anyone posted this yet.....GB has a clause with the Jets. If Farve plays:

50% of games = 4th round pick
    60% of games = 3rd round pick
    70% of games = 2nd round pick
    80% of games and/or superbowl appearance = 1st round pick

And get this, if the Jets decide to trade Farve for any reason to a NFC North team (Minny, Chic, Det), the Jets lose 3 - 1st round draft picks....Wow. GB never wants to see Farve in that division.

All I can say is.......Farve has consecitive games starting records. So First rounder it is then.

hoopster42

so far, so good, for green bay

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5367

so far, so good, for green bay
    It's still a long season, many games left to play. It looks like now we'll have to deal with Chicago in the division, they won't be going away soon. On the bright side, Dallas is looking like crap all of the sudden.

I'm a Packers fan that is still rooting for Favre as a Jet. It probably helps that we get those incentives if they make the playoffs, etc. But those Jets are a terrible team, it'll take a miracle for them to make the post-season. I keep hoping that Favre has one last miracle left. lmao

SBR Founder Join Date: 10/6/2005

nobshine
    nobshine's Avatar Become A Pro!

how about the Jay Glazer article? Favre apparently calls the Lions coaches and tips them to the GB playbook. Not that it mattered but also some rumors Brett contacted the Vikes too. That does not show me a HOF, but a spoiled self absorbed loser. GB made him and he does this shit?

I have watched every down that #4 played and enjoyed his time but he is a piece of shit. No body is bigger than the game. Good riddance to him and his waffling every year. Hope someone breaks his leg.