BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Pristine Arturo Gatti autograph,what's value if Mickey Ward signs it?

With all the hype the movie The Fighter is getting where it may win an academy award,there is alot of interest in the Arturo Gatti VS.Irish Mickey Ward trilogy of fights.Being that Gatti can't sign any more autographs,what is the value of this pristine autograph I have?If Ward signs it,it has to be worth alot more.Any takers?
    Attached Images  

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Autographs aren't worth what they once were (unless it's a superstar like MJ, Tiger, etc), but I bet you could still probably fetch a couple hundred for it.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by BrentCrude View Post
    With all the hype the movie The Fighter is getting where it may win an academy award,there is alot of interest in the Arturo Gatti VS.Irish Mickey Ward trilogy of fights.Being that Gatti can't sign any more autographs,what is the value of this pristine autograph I have?If Ward signs it,it has to be worth alot more.Any takers?
    A lot of interest? Unless you are a boxing fan, you don't know about it. From what I hear, it isn't mentioned the in the movie. I say maybe100-$200 and that is being generous.

robmpink
    Update your status

Also, if that is the pic or whatever you have signed, a copy of a webpage, good luck.

BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

It's a glossy 8''10 photo I wish I would have kept the manilla envelope sent from New Jersey with his writing on the envelope-date mailed-postmarked etc.

robmpink
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by BrentCrude View Post
    It's a glossy 8''10 photo I wish I would have kept the manilla envelope sent from New Jersey with his writing on the envelope-date mailed-postmarked etc.
    Brent, I liked Gatti. I saw him fight Gabe Rueles on the Lewis/Golota undercard and when he fought Angel Manfredy. I don't think there is much value in it. Maybe if you got a diehard fan who wanted it.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Autographs are a tricky business anymore because of all the fakes that are floating around for people. Authentication is a huge deal for people who are deceased. My grandfather gave me an autographed Joe DiMaggio baseball that I've kept in a plastic case, but back in the 60's and 70's the scumbag memorabilia dealers hadn't reared their ugly heads yet.

Jackson Hole
    Jackson Hole's Avatar Become A Pro!

The auto is worthless without any kind of authenticity from a reputable source.

robmpink
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson Hole View Post
    The auto is worthless without any kind of authenticity from a reputable source.
    Guy, how many people try to sell fake Arturo Gatti autographs? It isn't Jesus Christ of nazareth.

Jackson Hole
    Jackson Hole's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    Guy, how many people try to sell fake Arturo Gatti autographs? It isn't Jesus Christ of nazareth.
    I have no idea, but I all autographs are worthless without any proof.

YOu want to get Ward to sign the poster, send it to PSA and then frame it, it might be worth a hundred or so. Otherwise that poster and auto is worth nothing.

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    A Jesus autograph would be epic!