THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

I Wish I Had Never Read the Bible, AKA "The Book of Death"

The bible is a very depressing book and so is Christianity. Christ biggest feat was to die and come back but that was never proven but to a selected few of his friends(supposedly). The bible as a whole fails when it comes to giving man hope. Noone has true hope. The world is still full of people that are scared shitless of death; so scared that they become Christians and live the dream of being saved. It is depressing to see so many people so scared and there is nothing that I or anyone else can do but sell them bullshit dreams and fantasies. The bible was built around death from Adam and Eve to Christ, the bible fails because it does not make anyone feel any better about death it simply terrorizes poor scared wanna-be saved souls into succumbing to there Fantasy. I wish I had never read that "Book of Death"

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

cool story brah

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

All religious books are garbage. Quit reading that crap.

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by THEGREAT30 View Post
    The bible is a very depressing book and so is Christianity. Christ biggest feat was to die and come back but that was never proven but to a selected few of his friends(supposedly). The bible as a whole fails when it comes to giving man hope. Noone has true hope. The world is still full of people that are scared shitless of death; so scared that they become Christians and live the dream of being saved. It is depressing to see so many people so scared and there is nothing that I or anyone else can do but sell them bullshit dreams and fantasies. The bible was built around death from Adam and Eve to Christ, the bible fails because it does not make anyone feel any better about death it simply terrorizes poor scared wanna-be saved souls into succumbing to there Fantasy. I wish I had never read that "Book of Death"
    Absolutely agree. Although, I admit I have not read the entire bible, but have took the time to read Genesis and cannot fathom how anyone can actually take that book seriously as a literal and factual piece of literature.

Vegas_bond
    Vegas_bond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10099

I already read it. I didnt find it depresing. Maybe you are kind of impressionable.

The Bible is not a piece of literature. It never pretended to be a best-seller. I actually believe the Bible is some kind of secret code written by a sect and only they know what it means.

THEGREAT30

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_bond View Post
    I already read it. I didnt find it depresing. Maybe you are kind of impressionable.

The Bible is not a piece of literature. It never pretended to be a best-seller. I actually believe the Bible is some kind of secret code written by a sect and only they know what it means.
    Maybe you think your thoughts are gold and are one of those people that would have wrote such a piece of bullshit

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe you think your thoughts are gold and are one of those people that would have wrote such a piece of bullshit
    you're a points stiff I just read, wtf? pay back your loans man

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

to each their own

The gospel of John is quite interesting and so different from the other 3 its worth a good read

THEGREAT30

Quote Originally Posted by obamaismyuncle View Post
    you're a points stiff I just read, wtf? pay back your loans man
    Come take the points you or any other big bad man that wants them. Other than that don't clog my thread with that bullshit

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    to each their own

The gospel of John is quite interesting and so different from the other 3 its worth a good read

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33516

I'm glad I read the Bible. I was 16 when I read it and I was overwhelmed by how stupid it was (talking snakes, 900 year old men, virgins giving birth, people rising from the dead, etc.). If I had never read the Bible, it's conceivable that I might still be a Christian. Fortunately, I'm a secular person now and I owe my conversion away from Christianity to reading the Bible.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree. Makes perfect sense.

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

So far it looks like the atheists by far outweigh the flock around here. Not surprising, since I believe that gamblers as a rule are more independent thinkers than the general public ( where atheists are a small minority ). However, the only reason there are so many idiots that believe these ridiculous fairy tales is because all of us as children get inculcated into the belief system of our parents. Most humans, for a variety of social and psychological reasons, will not want to question or doubt whatever they were raised with, no matter how ridiculous it is. And so the world goes on, fighting the same battles over and over again. If it weren't for religious zealots, this world might be a safe place to live!

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Anyone who buys into religion does so because they were trained to as children. That can't be argued. All the Christians here do you really think you chose your beliefs on your own? No. You've been indoctrinated since childhood. If you had grown up in Iraq you'd be telling us how great Islam is. If you believe in religion then you are mindless.

Hootie Johnson
    Hootie Johnson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8105

Religion was just a way for the elite, but vastly outnumbered upper class to control the masses.

SouthBayGame
    SouthBayGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2895

I was raised Catholic, but stopped going to church a long time ago. I also went to a "Catholic" college (Saint Mary's in California). Most of the students aren't very religious and I had friends that were Jewish. We all blazed together as one. Anyways, I ended up taking a religious course specifically about the Bible. I was taught that the Bible is a guide for maintaining moral values and most of the literature is not intended to be taken literally. The messages within the stories told are actually very interesting and many are easily related to today's world. All that being said, one side cannot prove the other side wrong as to whether "God" exists and what "God" is.

itriedsohard
    BIG PLAYS
    itriedsohard's Avatar Become A Pro!

ok so i disagree with all of you. i believe that (from reading the bible) you have to Accept jesus, god, holy spirit, etc into your life and ask him to forgive you of your sins and help you be more like him. i believe that if you reject his word, the bible, and you are knowledgeable of his word, then you are responsible for it and you will not have everlasting life aka hell... the bible is a guideline of how to live and studying it cant do you any wrong, imho. and hey, if im wrong, and i dont go to heaven, oh well, at least i tried so hard.

but what if im right?

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

I love your avatar. Adbeezi from OZ. That show was one of the best ever. Why the hell did they end it?

THEGREAT30

Quote Originally Posted by YorkHunt View Post
    I love your avatar. Adbeezi from OZ. That show was one of the best ever. Why the hell did they end it?
    I wish it was still on. Don't know why it is not still running though. They all played there roles at an advanced level. The brothers, Nazis, Mexicans, Muslims, 5 Percenters, Fags, Catholics, CO's, they all played hell of roles. I have it downloaded on my computer I am about to watch a episode now

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by SouthBayGame View Post
    I was raised Catholic, but stopped going to church a long time ago. I also went to a "Catholic" college (Saint Mary's in California). Most of the students aren't very religious and I had friends that were Jewish. We all blazed together as one. Anyways, I ended up taking a religious course specifically about the Bible. I was taught that the Bible is a guide for maintaining moral values and most of the literature is not intended to be taken literally. The messages within the stories told are actually very interesting and many are easily related to today's world. All that being said, one side cannot prove the other side wrong as to whether "God" exists and what "God" is.
    exactly

and why children are taught to be good , productive normal humans, they are taught these values

what do you suggest you teach children, how to roll a doobie? make a beer bong?

or to be secular and just do "what ever makes you feel good"

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

D/Ling season 1 gonna rewatch it. You have this dumb crap now that cant even touch how good Oz was.

THEGREAT30

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    exactly

and why children are taught to be good , productive normal humans, they are taught these values

what do you suggest you teach children, how to roll a doobie? make a beer bong?

or to be secular and just do "what ever makes you feel good"
    No, you tell them the truth. You live and die. Me and your mother ****** and had you or some female went to a sperm bank and got herself pregnant. Or 2 motherphuckers just phucked and had you. You tell them that there are consequences set forth to your actions and they will be enforced by man or your body. You tell them the truth or you are a piece of shit that can not handle the reality you have created for another human being.

THEGREAT30

Quote Originally Posted by SouthBayGame View Post
    If there is a God he exists with or without the bible and noone knows a damn thing about how he or she or it works. So, the bible, Christianity, and ever other religious doctrine has nothing to do with God, they are all violating to think that they have figured anything about God out.

Mr. Peepers
    Mr. Peepers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Tom Cruise is this you???? Listening to this shit makes me believe you never read the Bible because you are way off on so many things...Stick to your books on tapes or go read Barney or Tellitubbies or some shit....Here is a fact for you: The Bible is the number one selling book of all-time and thats not because its the "book of death" !!

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Quote Originally Posted by itriedsohard View Post
    ok so i disagree with all of you. i believe that (from reading the bible) you have to Accept jesus, god, holy spirit, etc into your life and ask him to forgive you of your sins and help you be more like him. i believe that if you reject his word, the bible, and you are knowledgeable of his word, then you are responsible for it and you will not have everlasting life aka hell... the bible is a guideline of how to live and studying it cant do you any wrong, imho. and hey, if im wrong, and i dont go to heaven, oh well, at least i tried so hard.

but what if im right?
    I'm sure you're just trolling, given the childish nature of your post and handle name. But just in case you aren't: Google "Pascal's Wager"

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

No, you tell them the truth. You live and die. Me and your mother ****** and had you or some female went to a sperm bank and got herself pregnant. Or 2 motherphuckers just phucked and had you. You tell them that there are consequences set forth to your actions and they will be enforced by man or your body. You tell them the truth or you are a piece of shit that can not handle the reality you have created for another human being.
    i have children and i would never consider telling them anything remotely this evil

apparently you dont either cause you would never ever say this to YOUR CHILDREN

THEGREAT30

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    i have children and i would never consider telling them anything remotely this evil

apparently you dont either cause you would never ever say this to YOUR CHILDREN
    I feel sorry for you and your kids, you have created a reality for someone else that you can not accept yourself, that is my definition of evil my brother.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Come take the points you or any other big bad man that wants them. Other than that don't clog my thread with that bullshit
    Bahahaha punk ass stiff is hard!!!

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Yeah, the Bible sucks. Damn all those people that believe in it. Without the Bible and its regional counterparts we wouldn't have any moral guidelines to follow, so then I could be free to kill and rape and steal as much as I want without anybody being able to question it.

Let me let you fellas in on a little secret: we true atheists don't give a F*ck about the Bible. Or Christianity. Or any religion for that matter. Because true atheists are no more concerned with religion than adults are with Justin Bieber. If you want to be a real atheist, quit whining about other people's religious beliefs. It only makes you sound like a whining bitch wracked with guilt for your sins, hoping that by wiping religion off the face of the earth you won't have to confront your conscience and all the bad shit you've done over the years.

Whether you want to believe in religion is your business, but I'd advise everybody living here in America to at least think about the fact that the only reason you get to enjoy this thing we call freedom is because of the Bible. Religion is responsible for the words "all men are created equal." Religion is responsible for mankind having any justification for a rule of law other than might makes right. The widespread acceptance of the Christian religion, whether you like it or not, is what gives you the ability to own a house and a car and not have your wife raped before your eyes, or your daughters kidnapped and sold into sex slavery. So be thankful. Because without a higher power, without a God, without religion, the laws of this earth are only as credible as the bureaucrats that created them. So next time take a minute to think about where you come from and how you got there before you go criticizing something you aren't even required to live by.

Bazz27
    Bazz27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2896

And on the 8 day god created sportsbetting & SBR but then he knew he had made a big f...ing terrible mistake so then he made the 10 commandments
    1st said thou shalt not gamble any more ever ever ever again..........

A F....ING MEN

THEGREAT30

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    Yeah, the Bible sucks. Damn all those people that believe in it. Without the Bible and its regional counterparts we wouldn't have any moral guidelines to follow, so then I could be free to kill and rape and steal as much as I want without anybody being able to question it.

Let me let you fellas in on a little secret: we true atheists don't give a F*ck about the Bible. Or Christianity. Or any religion for that matter. Because true atheists are no more concerned with religion than adults are with Justin Bieber. If you want to be a real atheist, quit whining about other people's religious beliefs. It only makes you sound like a whining bitch wracked with guilt for your sins, hoping that by wiping religion off the face of the earth you won't have to confront your conscience and all the bad shit you've done over the years.

Whether you want to believe in religion is your business, but I'd advise everybody living here in America to at least think about the fact that the only reason you get to enjoy this thing we call freedom is because of the Bible. Religion is responsible for the words "all men are created equal." Religion is responsible for mankind having any justification for a rule of law other than might makes right. The widespread acceptance of the Christian religion, whether you like it or not, is what gives you the ability to own a house and a car and not have your wife raped before your eyes, or your daughters kidnapped and sold into sex slavery. So be thankful. Because without a higher power, without a God, without religion, the laws of this earth are only as credible as the bureaucrats that created them. So next time take a minute to think about where you come from and how you got there before you go criticizing something you aren't even required to live by.

You are a atheist because you are ignorant. The bible or any other religious doctrine has nothing to do with God. God would exist without any book if he truly exists. Atheist are the dumbest phucks on earth, whoever your we encompasses.

THEGREAT30

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Bahahaha punk ass stiff is hard!!!
    Just as hard as the dick that goes up your ass, stay out of my thread with unnecessary insults you unintelligent lame
    Last edited by THEGREAT30; 01-26-11 at 04:01 AM.

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

You are a atheist because you are ignorant. The bible or any other religious doctrine has nothing to do with God. God would exist without any book if he truly exists. Atheist are the dumbest phucks on earth, whoever your we encompasses.
    Well you're never going to save anybody's soul with that kind of attitude.

THEGREAT30

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    Well you're never going to save anybody's soul with that kind of attitude.
    Not trying to save souls. Simply pointing out the truth no book explains God or brings anyone closer to him. All religious doctrines are bullshit but the bible is the biggest bullshit and makes God look very suspect unless you are at a loss for well functioning brain cells. To make it simple my problem is not with God because I don't know a thing about God but I do know that the bible is bullshit.

12 Last