WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Fredette is the best offensive college basketball player of all time

When he had 15 tonight, SDSU basically put 3 guys on him the rest of the game. He ended with 43 points. Double clutching 3's from 29 feet, etc. If he would have just passed the ball, BYU would have won by 30 points because every other BYU player was wide open the entire game.

I mean he was beating 2 guys off the dribble the whole game, he was toying with one of the best defensive teams in the nation.

What did he shoot 60%???

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

This year's version of Adam Morrison

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

He is a monster! !!!

Wreckloose
    Wreckloose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17272

Pistol Pete was the best. Jimmer is 2nd.

WileOut

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Laughable. How many times did Morrison go over 40 against a top 5 team?

Fredette will be an perennial all star in the NBA, he is not just a shooter, he is an athletic freak. He handled the ball the entire game and was beat up constantly but got the shot off anyway and drilled almost all of them.

Mr. Peepers
    Mr. Peepers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Cant jump and wont be able to defend in the nba. IMO

WileOut

Peepers have you ever seen Jimmer dunk? He can get up plenty good. He is a great athlete. In the NBA he will be an average athlete and one of the best scorers in the league.

I can't imagine him on a team where you can't devise your whole defensive scheme around Fredette. He may lead the NBA in scoring.

He is an athletic version of Stephen Curry. Is Curry a good pro?

In fact I think Jimmer is a better shooter than Curry also.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post

Your kidding, right? Morrison could not wash his socks brockster..

kidkonggolf
    Update your status
    kidkonggolf's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2531

Saw the highlights...unstoppable tonite!

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    Peepers have you ever seen Jimmer dunk? He can get up plenty good. He is a great athlete. In the NBA he will be an average athlete and one of the best scorers in the league.

I can't imagine him on a team where you can't devise your whole defensive scheme around Fredette. He may lead the NBA in scoring.

He's great but not let's get too carried away.. At best he probably will be JJ Redick 2.0 in the association. Redick could have scored like that in the MWC.. If I am not mistaken he did have some high 30's while at Duke. Besides Duke had more options that Fredette has. Nothing wrong with being JJ Redick. Last I checked Redick makes more a year than us...

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

This kid is amazing

nikevols
    nikevols's Avatar Become A Pro!

Absolutely a stud..guy is crazy good

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

He is a legit NBA PG.

When the draft comes around, people will focus on what he cant do. But what he can do is all that matters. He is an elite dribbler, shooter, and passer.

Every GM that drafts a PG B4 they take Jimmer should be fired on the spot.

Jimmer Ferdette is practicallly doing what Stephon Curry did 3 years ago.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

pistol pete maravich is the all-time leading scorer with 3667 points and a 44.2 point per game average. this record will never be broken.

jimmer is the man but hes kinda forced to be the man on that team. not taking anything away from him. my roommate and i were amazed by him last year before most people even knew who he was.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

He's goo but not best offensive player all time.

The game is differ than before

not that many good players in NCAA

they all went to the NBA or overseas rather than go to school and play college hoops

WileOut

glitch I am the first to say that pistol pete was a magical player. But he played in a totally different era. How many would he average today? Who knows.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Pistol pete would avg about 10 more points, b/c he played in an era without the 3 point line.

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's an awesome college player but won't fare much better than Reddick. The college and pro game differ on so many levels...how many times do semi-athletic undersized shooting guards go on to HOF careers in the NBA??? I'm not saying he will fail but I think people have a hard-on for him because he's stands out in a fairly weak field of players in CBB this year.

I would beg to differ about being the best off player of all time...I'm sure someone will break down efficiency numbers comparatively at some point so we can get a better idea of how good he actually is.

Maxmillion
    Maxmillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4400

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    He is a legit NBA PG. When the draft comes around, people will focus on what he cant do. But what he can do is all that matters. He is an elite dribbler, shooter, and passer. Every GM that drafts a PG B4 they take Jimmer should be fired on the spot. Jimmer Ferdette is practicallly doing what Stephon Curry did 3 years ago.
    he is gonna be a good pro, he has real good range on his J. Thats the kind of stuff that keeps you in the NBA for 12 years.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Pistol pete would avg about 10 more points, b/c he played in an era without the 3 point line.
    Maravich may have averaged 50.0 points per game with the short college 3-point line.

WileOut

Bear Jimmer is a better athlete than Reddick. He can dribble much better, and is a finisher around the rim. Really no comparison.

Hall2Collie
    Hall2Collie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I have been a huge Jimmer fan since early last year but I'd say Redick and Curry were at least equal offensively in college to him.

Carmelo was also up there at 'Cuse

WileOut

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Maravich may have averaged 50.0 points per game with the short college 3-point line.
    60 even.

Hall2Collie
    Hall2Collie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    He's an awesome college player but won't fare much better than Reddick. The college and pro game differ on so many levels...how many times do semi-athletic undersized shooting guards go on to HOF careers in the NBA??? I'm not saying he will fail but I think people have a hard-on for him because he's stands out in a fairly weak field of players in CBB this year.

I would beg to differ about being the best off player of all time...I'm sure someone will break down efficiency numbers comparatively at some point so we can get a better idea of how good he actually is.
    Jimmer is much more of a point guard then a two guard.

I'd also like to point out that he was a damn good player last year too

He isin't a one year wonder... any real college b'ball fan knew about him prior to last years tourney.

LT Profits

60 even.
    Don't get carried away now.

But 50.0 is reasonable considering that would mean eight of his field goals each game were from NCAA 3-point range, which is realistic.

qbsafety8
    qbsafety8's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't get why everyones comparing him to redick... They don't even play the same position... Jimmer will be a pg . He's solid with the ball, can shoot the hell out of it. He'll be able to get people looks.. Compare him to an early j Kidd that can shoot better.

NinjaShoes
    NinjaShoes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great player. Should be the first PG taken in the draft.

Brian891
    Brian891's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3624

Pistol Pete by far was better offensive player. jimmer plenty good but lets not get carried away. he doesnt have kidds playmaking ability. hope his skills translate to nba.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

clearly something else

lyon804

Guys, I am just as much of a sucker for the great white hope is anybody in basketball but the association has cooled off a many of great "white" basketball players. The NBA and MWC is night and day. I compared him to Reddick because that's the kinda impact I think he can have in the NBA. I realize they play different posistions. Reddick is a very good/servicable NBA player but is far from the star he was at Duke. Also it took Reddick alot of hard work and developing before he became a good bench player.

As far as Jimmer goes.. Once he gets into the league and is able to abuse the likes of....Rose.D.Will, Westbrook, etc..etc.. Then we can talk, but before then try to remember he is abusing the MWC.... How many elite players has he went up against that are true NBA caliber point guards?

LT Profits

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

He is Steve Nash just without the passing ability

Wojo
    Wojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9513

He is an athletic version of Stephen Curry. Is Curry a good pro?

In fact I think Jimmer is a better shooter than Curry also.
    Hilarious! Jimmer dunk? I have watched Jimmer for four years. NO, I have not seen him "get up plenty good".

Wileout, not to be rude, but you are drinking the kool-aid or going to temple a little too much.

Fredette is good. Damn good. He improved so much this year from last it is amazing. But to say he can go up and dunk like an NBA player, dream on.

He is no more athletic than Stephen Curry. Nor is he a better shot. But he is damn good. But to compare him to Pistol Pete, well, you either never watched Pistol Pete play or are extremely biased.

Every game I see Jimmer play this year, I am impressed. But be careful on your assessments. If he even averages 20 minutes his first NBA year, I will be shocked.

clc49
    clc49's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

should have seen him and talor battle play together for aau... quite possibly the best back court that year.... wish they would have both stayed home and played for siena...would have really given a minor mid major a shot to go real far in the tourney.... but i think they made the best decision for both of them

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

will be interesting to see this guy play at the next level, can't wait

123 Last