Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14742

How often do you "drink your way home" from work?

Drinking your way home can make the commute a lot easier sometimes. How often do you take part and what works best?

Chandler
    Chandler's Avatar Become A Pro!

let's be clear, are we talking about drinking and driving? or stopping at a bar on the way home?

JimmysEgo
    JimmysEgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

i drove home drunk more times than a midget hooker has had balls on her head.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

What a terrible idea.

Chandler
    Chandler's Avatar Become A Pro!

apparently the OP never had a family member killed by a drunk driver. how classless and insensitive

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do this all the time! Have you been reading my diary again?

You know what really gets me off though? Well let me tell you.

What really gets me off is insinuating posters on an internet gambling board are all degenerates incapable of holding together their own lives.I like posting snide threads about them that stink of superiority because it makes my own insecurity seem less crushing in comparison.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Move to Private Zone?

Do we really want SBR promoting drinking and driving? Mods should know better then that. Come on Reload. Stick to the lady threads.

Not a good move.

shaggy3000
    shaggy3000's Avatar Become A Pro!

we drink at the job where i work. makes dealing with customers a little easier. and clearly were going to pour a road beer. come on like were going to let the buzz wear off on the way home? classic rookie mistake. by the time they get you for a DUI ( which i here on average a person drives 500 over the limit before getting caught ) an open container is the least of your worries

JimmysEgo

Quote Originally Posted by Chandler View Post
    apparently the OP never had a family member killed by a drunk driver. how classless and insensitive
    i've had a family member killed by a sober driver but you don't see me being a dick about it.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14742

Some people don't have to drive home from work. All sorts of ways to commute.

Even if you have to drive, you can drink in moderation.

emoney
    emoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by JimmysEgo View Post
    i've had a family member killed by a sober driver but you don't see me being a dick about it.

Roy Halladay
    Roy Halladay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

you mean road sodas?

i've been known to guzzle a few on the way home from work here and there, no harm no foul

shaggy3000
    shaggy3000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Reload View Post

people dont realize that you can be a fuctional drunk. and they really fail to realize that bad drivers cause wrecks. a bad driver that drinks and drives will be a terrible driver but a good driver that has been drinking will still do well enough to get home safely.

and with all the comments on this site and other its funny to see people freak out that this is on here.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Get 'er down
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-27-15 at 12:43 PM.

Grind House
    Grind House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3857

It's the dickheads who can't control their alcohol and get pissy and stupid that causes accidents. Those are the fags I don't like. You see em at sporting events drunk as hell bumping into you and shit yelling and all. Liquor is not for everybody but stupid fuks still takes it in. It's some real high morals ass people on here acting like they're saints and shit by the way. Love your type.

JimmysEgo

i think i'm a better driver when i'm drunk. especially on a motorcycle. i ride stiff when i'm sober, but when i'm drunk, on some of the interstate exits i could scrap by elbow on the road if i stuck it out.

goofyre
    Cole World.
    goofyre's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy3000 View Post
    people dont realize that you can be a fuctional drunk. and they really fail to realize that bad drivers cause wrecks. a bad driver that drinks and drives will be a terrible driver but a good driver that has been drinking will still do well enough to get home safely.

and with all the comments on this site and other its funny to see people freak out that this is on here.
    I agree. I know people who can drink a ton and you wouldn't even know, but others who take 3 shots and can barely walk. All depends on the person. I'm more than capable of driving after having a 6 pack, but would most definitely blow over .08

fury
    fury's Avatar Become A Pro!

Used to preparty on the train all the time when I used to take it. Good times.

Flight
    Update your status
    Flight's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought Reload just meant stopping at a few bars (like 2 or 3 maybe) on the road home. I've done it before on Friday happy hours, but not on Tuesdays!

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

1 beer an hour is legally drunk. Stupid fukin thread, even dumber fukin question. Take it from someone who knows, drinking & driving is the dumbest fukin thing you can do
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: obamaismyuncle

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by goofyre View Post
    I agree. I know people who can drink a ton and you wouldn't even know, but others who take 3 shots and can barely walk. All depends on the person. I'm more than capable of driving after having a 6 pack, but would most definitely blow over .08
    any human alive would be impaired after a 6 pack, and any human alive would have a BAC well over .08 after a 6 pack.

WeinketoWarrick
    Update your status
    WeinketoWarrick's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    1 beer an hour is legally drunk.
    Um, no it's not. Average male can process one drink an hour.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Don't drink and drive. You might hit a bump and spill your drink.

goofyre
    Cole World.
    goofyre's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    any human alive would be impaired after a 6 pack, and any human alive would have a BAC well over .08 after a 6 pack.
    I'm telling you right now if I drank a 6 pack over 3 hours I'm more than able to drive. It's a hell of a lot safer than people on their phone or the elderly behind the wheel.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by WeinketoWarrick View Post
    this.

if you have any question about how much you can drink and stay under .08 there are easy to use online calculators based on gender/weight

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Most commute by driving.
    Most can't drink in moderation.

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by goofyre View Post
    I'm telling you right now if I drank a 6 pack over 3 hours I'm more than able to drive. It's a hell of a lot safer than people on their phone or the elderly behind the wheel.
    I don't doubt that you're able to drive after drinking.

I also can assure you that you'd be at least a bit impaired.

Everyone can drive after having drinks. It's just their reactions are not quite as quick, among other things.

Just because you can drive doesn't mean you should.

As for the elderly, they shouldn't be on the road, either.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

The drivers test should be able to be taken while drinking and however high you can blow and still pass the test, that is each individual's legal limit

kcsportspics
    kcsportspics's Avatar Become A Pro!

Once had a guy visit me after he got done after work at the car lot, he worked in a factory, a sixer at 6am and a 12 on the way home, never did that old man have a duy, but I had 3

JimmysEgo

i've been pulled over twice while i was wasted, i got a warning both times. once because i was speeding and the other because i took a turn on red where it said not to. but i was composed enough that they both gave me warnings. the second time i was so drunk that i was sure i was spending the night in the tank, but i'm a lucky guy.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post

Most commute by driving.
    Most can't drink in moderation.
    Most can't drink in moderation? Since when did the majority of human beings become alcoholics?

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WeinketoWarrick View Post
    but who goes to the bar & has 1 drink an hour? No fukinbody!!! So when you leave a bar you are legally drunk. Im not saying you can't drive, but the law doesn't care about your uncanny ability to drive better the more you drink. Your losing your license