hockey07
    hockey07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Are these correlated parlays

Hey guys, i read a bunch on correlated parlays on SBR and i see that most of the talk is about the fav and the over or the dog and the under. If a player bets a team first half and parlays it with the same team for the complete game I would have to say that is a correlate parlay correct. Sorry for the stupid question.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Yes.
    Team total 1st half and Team total for the complete game have a high degree of correlation (degree to which one affects the other).
    Books will not accept such wagers.

hockey07

im not talking about team totals im talking about spread and moneyline bets. For instance if a player wanted to bet the jets moneyline 1st half/ and jets full game moneyline. Would a book accept this bet?

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

I can't imagine a parlay being any more correlated.

Its like trying to parlay the ML and the spread for a favourite on any given game.

hockey07

ok thanks guys!

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by hockey07 View Post
    im not talking about team totals im talking about spread and moneyline bets. For instance if a player wanted to bet the jets moneyline 1st half/ and jets full game moneyline. Would a book accept this bet?
    No. Again the degree of correlation is too high.

There are a few markets available to parlay that offer a (small) mathematical advantage to the player. I could tell you what they are but then I would have to kill you.
    Last edited by FourLengthsClear; 01-23-11 at 06:27 PM.

hockey07

ok perfect. Now what about a team in football, like the packers were today, -3.5. Since its such a small spread would it be considered correlated to the over still? So you can't ever bet the fav ATS and the over in football in a parlay?