Maverick11
    Maverick11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1109

gotta go with the Packers.....still not convinced on the Bears.

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

Apparently Bodog's sleazy line-personalization practices thinks I should like Chicago for this game since the spread is still at 3.5 for me instead of 4 like it is when I check on a different browser.

Weird since I already put my bet in on the Packers

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    Yes, I did.
    I want to be your bookie. I'd love to have +3+135.

Holdin Aces
    Holdin Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Thinking of teasing the Bears and the Jets and then taking GB straight up and hope to middle.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I am a huge Bears fan. My money is on the Bears ML and the Jets ML

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    I want to be your bookie. I'd love to have +3+135.
    That was the standard line at BetJamaica and 5dimes (when I got it) if you dont want to lose by the hook. I guess I shouldve asked them if I could pick my own price.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

On the Bears moneyline myself.

Alfie B
    Alfie B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    how could anyone ever take chicago, the pack are the lock of the century
    I was going to pass. Then I saw this lock on sbr. You all know what that means. Took the bears . A lock on sbr is death.
    I like Urlacher and the bears DEE anyway. But a lock here is death.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

If this was in a dome, bet GB BIG.
    But it will not.
    It will be ice cold, the ball will be brick hard. The turf is a disgrace.
    I would not bet much on either team, there will be fumbles and dropped passes that normally would not occur, even though these are both "cold weather" teams.
    It will be back and forth, the last team to score a touchdown will cover.
    Everyone who bet the losing team will bitch about the fumbles, dropped passes, etc.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie B View Post
    I was going to pass. Then I saw this lock on sbr. You all know what that means. Took the bears . A lock on sbr is death.
    I like Urlacher and the bears DEE anyway. But a lock here is death.
    But you reverse-jinxed the lock by writing about it.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    That was the standard line at BetJamaica and 5dimes (when I got it) if you dont want to lose by the hook. I guess I shouldve asked them if I could pick my own price.
    Or you could play at Matchbook like every other competent bettor and lay something like -3-117.

JerseyLove
    JerseyLove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

d2 you ae very right

TwampSix
    SEATTLE
    TwampSix's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Clay Matthews will be all over Jay Cutler tomorrow.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Bears yo. Ez game

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

Me and Rudrigo will be all over a bear on sunday. Anyone interested call me.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Teased Bears with Jets, think Chicago wins tomorrow but this game could go either way.

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

I like the bears tomorrow along with Steelers

Bigcheez
    Bigcheez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5585

The only thing that is holding me back is Jay Cutler. He has been playing pretty good but I've had nightmares of pick 6 cutler.

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

Dont worry Jay will have his insulin shots handy tomorrow

Chimneyfish

Cutler is being overrated. He was a completely average QB during the regular season and the only thing we've seen from his career in the postseason is that he can beat the worst team in playoff history.

Green Bay's secondary will shut him down.

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

packers will win this game, bank on it.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Quote Originally Posted by tanner40 View Post
    Exactly. You cannot lay 3.5 on the road in a conference championship game and win 53% of the time.

According to the experts on SBR that doesnt matter as long as you win this ONE game. The reason being you will never bet on another sporting event with implied odds and probabilities against you.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

I like the over in this game.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Chimneyfish View Post
    Cutler is being overrated. He was a completely average QB during the regular season and the only thing we've seen from his career in the postseason is that he can beat the worst team in playoff history.

Green Bay's secondary will shut him down.

The worst team in playoff history won a playoff game already so they werent the worst.

Chimneyfish

Do you think the Jets are a better football team than the Patriots?

I make judgements on full sample sizes- not flukes.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Its amazing how upset some guys get here. This thread was intended to find out who is actually betting the Bears, rather than a bunch of guys showing up tomorrow and claiming it. GL everyone, this game will more than likely be the more competitive game.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

A lot of people are taking the Bears solely because they are a two-seed catching +3.5 vs. a six-seed at home. Does anyone bother to consider WHY the line is what it is?

When they are relatively healthy like they are now, Green Bay is better than the Bears on both sides of the ball. Chicago has the reputation of having a great defense, and while there is no denying that is true, they still finished second to the Packers in the NFC in points allowed, with Green Bay finishing second in the NFL in defense behind only Pittsburgh. And it is no contest between these teams on the offensive side, where the Pack are far superior especially with the offensive line now in tact and playing great. That Green Bay OL will end up being the biggest key to this game.

Green Bay 27, Chicago 10
    Last edited by LT Profits; 01-22-11 at 11:07 PM.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1628

I have props with the Bears winning the nfc conference. I'll ride it out.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Chimneyfish View Post
    Do you think the Jets are a better football team than the Patriots?

I make judgements on full sample sizes- not flukes.

YES. They beat the Pats TWO times this year. WHat is your size sample? Cause you wont get any serious size sample in the NFL.

benjy
    Untitled
    benjy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

No straight wager on the game but I'm on the Bears in an action point playoff pool. Doing terribly thus far and had to take a flier. Gamed it pretty well, if Sunday's picks go well I'll be back in contention.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    A lot of people are taking the Bears solely because they are a two-seed catching +3.5 vs. a six-seed at home. Does anyone bother to consider WHY the line is what it is?

When they are relatively healthy like they are now, Green Bay is better than the Bears on both sides of the ball. Chicago has the reputation of having a great defense, and while there is no denying that is true, they still finished second to the Packers in the NFC in points allowed, with Green Bay finishing second in the NFL in defense behind only Pittsburgh. And it is no contest between these teams on the offensive side, where the Pack are far superior especially with the offensive line now in tact and playing great. That Green Bay OL will end up being the biggest key to this game.

Green Bay 27, Chicago 10

Cause GB is the better team. The line is -0.5 higher than the first meeting with GB now coming off a huge blowout in ATL and a win in Philly yet they are only -0.5 higher than the first time when the Bears were not even considered to be a playoff team while GB was the div favorite. LT we get it you love the packers and are convinced they will win big but the line is essentially the same as the first meeting. The public is in love with GB right now and can see Rodgers doing no wrong. Heck books could lay -6.5 with GB and still get majority action. We know the BEars have no chance. Are you going to bet the PAckers alt line? I mean since you already think GB wins by 17 you can get -10.5 at +245 or more.

Chimneyfish

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    YES. They beat the Pats TWO times this year. WHat is your size sample? Cause you wont get any serious size sample in the NFL.
    My sample size is Seattle's entire season as opposed to their one win against New Orleans. I'm saying that more information is always better than less information, and that it's ridiculous to judge a team exclusively from one win. Any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday, but that doesn't mean that when it happens we should just throw out everything else we know about the team and start from scratch.

Seattle is a bad football team. Cutler's win against them shouldn't make anybody confident in his abilities.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Cause GB is the better team. The line is -0.5 higher than the first meeting with GB now coming off a huge blowout in ATL and a win in Philly yet they are only -0.5 higher than the first time when the Bears were not even considered to be a playoff team while GB was the div favorite. LT we get it you love the packers and are convinced they will win big but the line is essentially the same as the first meeting. The public is in love with GB right now and can see Rodgers doing no wrong. Heck books could lay -6.5 with GB and still get majority action. We know the BEars have no chance. Are you going to bet the PAckers alt line? I mean since you already think GB wins by 17 you can get -10.5 at +245 or more.
    All I have as of now is Packers -3 -120, which I put in last Sunday while the second half of the Bears game was still going on. I doubt I'll add to the straight ATS play, but I'll take a look at props and stuff tomorrow.

And you are implying that I am a Packer FAN, which I am not. I am only a fan of the team I have my money on. It's just that I have felt that a healthy Packer team is the best team in the NFC all year long, and with the Pats being out, the Packers are now the best team in the NFL. So I am being purely objective, as I am not a fan of any team.

ElCapitan
    ElCapitan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Green Bay 27, Chicago 10
    Are you looking at the same stats that I am?

Offensively, GB is rushing the ball about the same YPG as CHI - 100 vs. 101 - but their passing is considerably better at 258 vs. 188. Defensively, GB is allowing 115 YPG rushing while CHI is only allowing 90. Passing, Chicago give up 224 per game vs GB's 194.

Clearly from these stats we can see that the Achilles heel for Chicago may be Green Bay's passing game but to say that GB is better on both sides of the ball? That's a bit of a stretch. With the 20 degree day tomorrow and both teams well accustomed to playing in the cold I expect to see run, run, run. I think the one-two punch of Forte and Taylor get to the Pack tomorrow and I expect to see Olsen involved a lot more as well.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9978

All I have as of now is Packers -3 -120, which I put in last Sunday while the second half of the Bears game was still going on. I doubt I'll add to the straight ATS play, but I'll take a look at props and stuff tomorrow.

And you are implying that I am a Packer FAN, which I am not. I am only a fan of the team I have my money on. It's just that I have felt that a healthy Packer team is the best team in the NFC all year long, and with the Pats being out, the Packers are now the best team in the NFL. So I am being purely objective, as I am not a fan of any team.
    Healthy packers. Was anyone hurt in wk 17 when gb needed 60 mins to beat a bears team that had nothing to play for? I will bet packers if anyone can convince me why to take them when they barely beat bears in that game.

First 12345 Last