King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

mofos here in LA still like him..

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    I don't know. If you're talking dollar for production, it'd be up there. Luke Walton basically hasn't played, at all, for 2 straight seasons. His back is so bad that he has considered retirement the last few seasons. So they've basically paid out a good portion of this contract for nothing, i mean, almost absolutely nothing. It's hard to find guys who have produced literally 0 for this type of money outside of ming and oden. but they aren't as bad of contracts b/c they are actually worth the money they're being paid when healthy. Puke at his best ever, isn't worth half of what he's making.
    There are many examples of Eddie Currys around the league, depends on what you value. Personally, i'd rather pay Walton 5M and have him sit on the bench and do nothing then have Gilbert Arenas do whatever it is that he does and pay him 20M for it.

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by CJAretired View Post
    walton is horrible. every shot he takes is an open 14 footer yet he shoots 30%. he is undersized, cant play D, cant jump, and is a subpar athlete. and this in what should be the prime of his career. you could take thousands of NCAA players the past 5 years (now jobless) and with the opportunities he has recieved, they would play much much better than this guy.....$5.3/yr, thats worthy of an NBA starter, imagine walton started on an NBA team ....most of his numbers are put up in trash time and they still stink. no one here is defending walton, you simply cant. 50 players worse that make more than him, ya right
    I bet you would say the thing about Vujacic yet he's doing just fine on a new team.

My point stands, just go to nba.com and look at ppg stats and look at the bottom 100 players.

I'm not saying Walton is good, matter of fact i dont even like Walton and think him and Jefferson totally bang each other. Just dont see a point in randomly bashing the guy out of the blue when there are A) plenty of player that are way more overpaid then he is B) a shitload of scrubs who are much worst at basketball then him and C) Eddy Curry types that are both more overpaid and suck more then he does. (It just came to me that Eddy Curry is even a bigger f\*g then Walton is)

Its the NBA. They've been handing out bs contracts like this for decades, this one is hardly hate worthy. Just cause its the best pro league in the world doesn't mean that every player is a superstar. There are plenty of scrubs who are below Waltons level, just check out the Cavs current starting 5.

Beatles
    Beatles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    There has to be a better reason why he is staying for that amount.
    Only reason he is in the NBA is because his father is one of the greatest big men of all time. Luke Walton is one of the worst players ever to step on the nba hardwood

CJAretired
    CJAretired's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Beatles View Post
    Only reason he is in the NBA is because his father is one of the greatest big men of all time. Luke Walton is one of the worst players ever to step on the nba hardwood
    exactly.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

The guy is not that good. But good to have on a team.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Nepotism? What does Bill Walton have to do with Luke's contract?

The funny thing is, Luke wasn't even the worst contract on the Lakers cap. It was actually Sasha Vujacic. The guy fooled LA into a 3 year deal for about 15 million. All he did was chuck 3's and miss 99% of them. Luke is actually up there with Kobe in executing the Triangle. His problem has been his health. But when you have Artest, Odom, Barnes, and Kobe to keep him at the end of the bench, it doesn't even matter.

Luke Walton isn't holding the Lakers back, therefore he's not even in the discussion for the worst contract.

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by Beatles View Post
    Tell me, why is Brian Scalabrene in the nba,did his father play too? How about Jarron Collins? or Ime Udoka? Antoine Wright? Eddie Najera? Chris Quinn? Stephan Graham? Better stop before i get to 50.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    There are many examples of Eddie Currys around the league, depends on what you value. Personally, i'd rather pay Walton 5M and have him sit on the bench and do nothing then have Gilbert Arenas do whatever it is that he does and pay him 20M for it.
    Well that's why i said dollar for production. Is 4 or 5 seasons average over 20 points and 5 assists a game for 20 million a year worse then being a total non-impact for 4 or 5 years at 6 million a year? I guess everyone could look at that differently. And no, there are not many examples of eddy currys around the league. There is only 1 eddy curry. please name a few other examples of eddy currys b/c i know of none.

Vesuvius
    Vesuvius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Not even sure why Luke is in the NBA...

CJAretired

Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post
    Nepotism? What does Bill Walton have to do with Luke's contract?

The funny thing is, Luke wasn't even the worst contract on the Lakers cap. It was actually Sasha Vujacic. The guy fooled LA into a 3 year deal for about 15 million. All he did was chuck 3's and miss 99% of them. Luke is actually up there with Kobe in executing the Triangle. His problem has been his health. But when you have Artest, Odom, Barnes, and Kobe to keep him at the end of the bench, it doesn't even matter.

Luke Walton isn't holding the Lakers back, therefore he's not even in the discussion for the worst contract.
    vujacic was chronically hurt. played 11 games for LAL last season, great comparison

and now he is averaging 12.3 ppg, shooting 43%, 3:2 to ratio, 1.2 steals, 3.1 rebs and 92% ft (in 28 mins)

all on one of the worst teams in the league

Walton wasnt even that good in college. "As a fifth-year senior, he averaged 10.8 points, 5.6 rebounds, 5.1 assists and 0.9 steals at arizona" lmfao........if his wasnt a walton he wouldnt get anywhere near the NBA. that was the point of the thread idiot

demens
    Square -910

Well that's why i said dollar for production. Is 4 or 5 seasons average over 20 points and 5 assists a game for 20 million a year worse then being a total non-impact for 4 or 5 years at 6 million a year? I guess everyone could look at that differently. And no, there are not many examples of eddy currys around the league. There is only 1 eddy curry. please name a few other examples of eddy currys b/c i know of none.
    Jeremoe James is another example off the top my head. You can look at Knick rosters of past 10 years and find plenty more.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...jamesje01.html

Check out how much money this guy made and what he actually produced in the NBA. Makes Walton look like a bargain doesnt it? You know what he got that money for? About 3 good play-off games iirc correctly. Those were probably the only 3 good games he played in his career. Check out his stats and game logs if you want a good laugh. This is a guy that made $40M playing basketball, lol.

Of course there are counter examples of guys like Matt Barnes who can't seem to catch a break. But trust me, there have been more then 1 Eddy Curry over the years.

CJAretired

Tell me, why is Brian Scalabrene in the nba,did his father play too? How about Jarron Collins? or Ime Udoka? Antoine Wright? Eddie Najera? Chris Quinn? Stephan Graham? Better stop before i get to 50.
    lol how much does scal make $100 per game , read the thread title. its about being worth the money

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by CJAretired View Post
    vujacic was chronically hurt. played 11 games for LAL last season, great comparison

and now he is averaging 12.3 ppg, shooting 43%, 3:2 to ratio, 1.2 steals, 3.1 rebs and 92% ft (in 28 mins)

all on one of the worst teams in the league

Walton wasnt even that good in college. "As a fifth-year senior, he averaged 10.8 points, 5.6 rebounds, 5.1 assists and 0.9 steals at arizona" lmfao........if his wasnt a walton he wouldnt get anywhere near the NBA. that was the point of the thread idiot
    OK, i see that i'm talking to a clueless child.

Walton is the chronically injured one, Sasha is the one in Phils doghouse.

demens
    Square -910

Now that i realize the OP is a moron i wont be checking this thread anymore, hope i gave you a decent enough example of what i was talking about.

CJAretired

Jeremoe James is another example off the top my head. You can look at Knick rosters of past 10 years and find plenty more.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...jamesje01.html

Check out how much money this guy made and what he actually produced in the NBA. Makes Walton look like a bargain doesnt it? You know what he got that money for? About 3 good play-off games iirc correctly. Those were probably the only 3 good games he played in his career. Check out his stats and game logs if you want a good laugh. This is a guy that made $40M playing basketball, lol.

Of course there are counter examples of guys like Matt Barnes who can't seem to catch a break. But trust me, there have been more then 1 Eddy Curry over the years.
    Guys like James dominated their NCAA conference. averaging 20+ ppg, winning awards, games, clearly standing out. walton was an average pac-10 player, but his dad is bill walton

Beatles
    Beatles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everyone you named is a solid player in the league. Udoka is actually extemely solid as is Graham- both those guys have made key plays in key games throughout their careers. Walton was nothing in college and he has never made any key plays at the professional level. You have over 60% of the posts in this thread, I think we've heard enough of your opinion

Tree Rollins

Jeremoe James is another example off the top my head. You can look at Knick rosters of past 10 years and find plenty more. http://www.basketball-reference.com/...jamesje01.html Check out how much money this guy made and what he actually produced in the NBA. Makes Walton look like a bargain doesnt it? You know what he got that money for? About 3 good play-off games iirc correctly. Those were probably the only 3 good games he played in his career. Check out his stats and game logs if you want a good laugh. This is a guy that made $40M playing basketball, lol. Of course there are counter examples of guys like Matt Barnes who can't seem to catch a break. But trust me, there have been more then 1 Eddy Curry over the years.
    You don't understand. When did i say Puke had the worst contract in the NBA? You are comparing his contract to two of the worst in the history of the league. I can't argue with that. You said there are "many" eddy currys out there. Guys who are the 12th man on their team and making in the 10's of millions. I don't know who all these guys are and i'm curious. Who are they?

CJAretired

OK, i see that i'm talking to a clueless child.

Walton is the chronically injured one, Sasha is the one in Phils doghouse.
    everyone has lingering injuries. sasha was OUT most of last season. demens tried to go against the grain (and common sense) on this one and got exposed. have a nice night, running and hiding

tonyp0387
    tonyp0387's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 755

Easy, Eddy Curry, Sagana Diop.There are probably many more if you care to research.
    Curry does suck and was not worth the money but nobody complained his first two years with the Knicks when he was putting up 20 points a game. Walton doesn't play at all and is a bench guy should make a million a year tops.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

You guys realize 5 Million out of 92 is just 5.4% of total payroll right... in spite of production issues... It's just NOT that big a deal on a 14 man roster...there are PLENTY of guys who don't even get into games at 2-3 million...

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

luke played a big part in there championship teams with shaq and kobe

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

K Mart is horrible.

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    luke played a big part in there championship teams with shaq and kobe
    luke was a rookie back then in 04 and they didn't win that year

A.M.S.
    A.M.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 667

dont forget darius miles and jonathan bender

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by BetterBizness View Post
    You guys realize 5 Million out of 92 is just 5.4% of total payroll right... in spite of production issues... It's just NOT that big a deal on a 14 man roster...there are PLENTY of guys who don't even get into games at 2-3 million...
    You think 6 million a year is insignificant? So that makes it a good salary? Do you realize what types of players the lakers have lost out on b/c of this contract? Just b/c it's only 6% of the total payroll, that doesn't mean it's a fair contract.

demens
    Square -910

You think 6 million a year is insignificant? So that makes it a good salary? Do you realize what types of players the lakers have lost out on b/c of this contract? Just b/c it's only 6% of the total payroll, that doesn't mean it's a fair contract.
    The Lakers have lost out on literally noone because of that contract. They are at 90M in salary which is more then 30 over the cap. So Waltons 5 would not give them any flexibility to do anything. All it would do is save them some luxury tax. They still have the MLE and LLE to spend which is all they would have with or without Waltons contract on the books.

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

walton makes about a mill less than artest

what a fkn joke. guy wouldnt have even played at arizona if he wasnt a walton. shouldnt be in the NBA, just doesnt have the talent. good call CJA

GELATINOUS CUBE
    SBR's 94.4% handicapper
    GELATINOUS CUBE's Avatar Become A Pro!

They were gonna sign me, but I wanted 11 Mil.

TGHMak
    Update your status
    TGHMak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

It would be amazing if they could pull off another Sasha like trade for Luke Walton, but it really hard to imagine anyone wanting him even if they threw in a few draft picks.

krazey47409
    disabledcantpostorpm yyyyyy?????
    krazey47409's Avatar Become A Pro!

you put me on the court and ill put up better numbers then this bum lol and he got 8 inches on me me just running around like a nut will be more effective then anything this bum can do

adam3248
    adam3248's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

It's almost getting as bad as soccer with players like Rooney raking in £250,000 per WEEK. £12,000,000 a year or £1,488 an hour however you want to look at it. He makes the average yearly salary in a day, easy.. makes you sick.
    Last edited by adam3248; 01-22-11 at 04:04 AM.

beermankirk
    beermankirk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 885

Waltons gonna walt....

GTS925
    21-7 Run!
    GTS925's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow! $5,300,000 a year just for passing out Gatorades, unreal!

Stinger
    Stinger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Guys like these in sports are so lucky...

First 1234 Last