Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Athletes thanking god for everything.....

STFU!

He had nothing to do with it. You sound just as stupid as a raging extremist.

How arrogant to think thousand of kids die every day and people are at war and starving but god made sure Cam Newton won the heismen and national championship? You sound like a ******* idiot.

Seems to be more of a black thing too.

Discuss

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Well if there is a God, I doubt He/She would be bound by the restrictions of time and space and would even be able to focus on Cam and his football pursuits

Ralphie1412

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    Well if there is a God, I doubt He/She would be bound by the restrictions of time and space and would even be able to focus on Cam and his football pursuits
    not true, god schedule is SWAMPED. His secretary was out of town during the natty championship. BELIEVE me he had nothing to do with Cam Newtown

WhatAboutMeBitch
    WhatAboutMeBitch's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ralphie1412

If I ever won anything I would say Id like to thank myself. It had nothing to do with god. I worked my ******* ass off to get here and I did it!!!!

Zack Johnson won the masters and it was ALL ABOUT god. NO YOU DUMBSHIT! Its because you played 36 holes and worked on your putting SINCE you were 7 you piece of shiat.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Ralphie, you just now watching a replay of the BCS game or something? This topic was covered more than a week ago. Try to keep up, ok.

Ralphie1412

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    Ralphie, you just now watching a replay of the BCS game or something? This topic was covered more than a week ago. Try to keep up, ok.
    Cam Newton was an example, I can use something more current if it makes you less grumpy?

Whats the matter willie cant find the lube and tissues this morning? You are a little extra cunty today.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

God made me this way, ralphie. Blame him. It's a black thing, you know.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

I agree with ya completely. Extremely ignorant and disturbing to hear this so frequently from these guys in the year 2011.

But yeah, we already had this thread after the BCS game, bro.

Ralphie1412

Is it possible Willie MAY have a personality?

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    I agree with ya completely. Extremely ignorant and disturbing to hear this so frequently from these guys in the year 2011. But yeah, we already had this thread after the BCS game, bro.
    So change the channel, no ones making you re hash this sensitive topic for you. Dont open the thread.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    If I ever won anything I would say Id like to thank myself. It had nothing to do with god. I worked my ******* ass off to get here and I did it!!!!
    haha - exactly! When my mother-in-law wants me to say the blessing for the food before eating, I always something like ... Thank you for the farmers who grew this food, and the workers that helped bring it to the table, and me for working hard to be able to afford it, and to whoever cooked it. amen.

They just laugh when I say it, like I'm joking or something. Why would I thank god for it? He had nothing to do with it.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11965

i for one would like to see more athletes blame god for their failures. after all god gets all the credit in the world when an athlete achieves success but never shares in any blame when things don't go right.

the sporting world could use more stevie johnsons.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's why it was so classic, and refreshing to hear Stevie Johnson of the Bills blame God after he dropped the game winning TD pass

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

none of these sob's ever thank the real building block - food stamps and the american tax payer for there free ride

smitch124

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    haha - exactly! When my mother-in-law wants me to say the blessing for the food before eating, I always something like ... Thank you for the farmers who grew this food, and the workers that helped bring it to the table, and me for working hard to be able to afford it, and to whoever cooked it. amen.

They just laugh when I say it, like I'm joking or something. Why would I thank god for it? He had nothing to do with it.
    What about the fact that stuff grows out of the ground that we can eat? That only needs sun and water to grow and thrive? Now religiously I'm spiritual/agnostic, but I can't blame anyone who feels the need to be thankful to a higher power for whats on their table.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    i for one would like to see more athletes blame god for their failures. after all god gets all the credit in the world when an athlete achieves success but never shares in any blame when things don't go right. the sporting world could use more stevie johnsons.
    this is great

this should be a chappelle skit

thadchr
    thadchr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3577

Couldn't agree more. When a player I like wins something big, I literally cross my fingers hoping he won't give a big "god" speech. Maybe I'm going to hell...

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I believe in God and also believe he can help you through situations in life if you keep your faith. My God also will go tell you to go f u c k yourself if you deliberately ignore him after your time is up and send you to his old pal Luther. Cheers Ralphie ...........

thadchr

thadchr

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    I believe in God and also believe he can help you through situations in life if you keep your faith. My God also will go tell you to go f u c k yourself if you deliberately ignore him after your time is up and send you to his old pal Luther. Cheers Ralphie ...........
    Boy you faithful humble servants of the Lord are full of peace, understanding, and acceptance...

onetrickpony

can u ask him who shot biggie and tupac?

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post

What about the fact that stuff grows out of the ground that we can eat? That only needs sun and water to grow and thrive? Now religiously I'm spiritual/agnostic, but I can't blame anyone who feels the need to be thankful to a higher power for whats on their table.
    How did it get from the ground to your plate?

OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

well basically god is just a term used for unexplainable things or things beyond our control.

so they are really just thanking random luck for giving them immense natural talent, which if you look at it that why seems more reasonable

BeatTheJerk

Quote Originally Posted by thadchr View Post
    Boy you faithful humble servants of the Lord are full of peace, understanding, and acceptance...

I'm actually a liberal christian not like most. I'm a very sinful person, but I know at the end of the day I am forgiven. I'm not any better than you, I just may have a better idea of where I may end up after i die rather than you.

thadchr

I'm not picking a fight BTJ, I just don't think it's fair to say you have a better idea of where you're going after you die than I do... seems more like a belief. I have a pretty good idea that I'm getting tossed in a fire and burned to ashes when I die, and I can damn near guarantee that.

chilidog

I'm not any better than you, I just may have a better idea of where I may end up after i die rather than you.
    Not necessarily. Your ideas came from man - likely your parents that told you about God/Jesus (and their parents told them, etc). It's all speculation what happens next. Too bad there's only one way to find out.

BeatTheJerk

Quote Originally Posted by thadchr View Post
    I'm not picking a fight BTJ, I just don't think it's fair to say you have a better idea of where you're going after you die than I do... seems more like a belief. I have a pretty good idea that I'm getting tossed in a fire and burned to ashes when I die, and I can damn near guarantee that.
    Fair enough.

smitch124

How did it get from the ground to your plate?
    Yes humans get it to the plate, but that's not the miracle in the equation. When the humans can carry on photosynthesis I may mention them in the table prayers as well

BeatTheJerk

Not necessarily. Your ideas came from man - likely your parents that told you about God/Jesus (and their parents told them, etc). It's all speculation what happens next. Too bad there's only one way to find out.
    Yeah I don't know for certain until it actually does or does not happen. I mean if I'm wrong I'm wrong. Is some other non mentioned higher God or entity gonna come trample on me and tell me I was wrong for thinking this way my whole life ? I really don't think so.

onetrickpony

how can u put blind faith in something u have never seen

how can people devote their life to a fairytale figure?

its crazy.

jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

Probably the only thing me and Raplhie will agree on. I love when people thank god for doing something themselves, but those same people if something goes wrong in their life , well" god has a plan" fvckin hilarious. Not to mention that most Christians are not even real Christians, they would rather tell you how good they are and how bad you are. They must also make sure that everyone around them know they go to church by bringing it up in random conversations.

craig4nr
    craig4nr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 202

Why does God choose to help certain athletes and screw over others? God is an ass. ......or maybe JUST MAYBE he has nothing to do with you winning a game.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

right now I am thanking GOD for another day, thank you lord please bless everyone in this thread, God Bless

thadchr

Yeah I don't know for certain until it actually does or does not happen. I mean if I'm wrong I'm wrong. Is some other non mentioned higher God or entity gonna come trample on me and tell me I was wrong for thinking this way my whole life ? I really don't think so.
    Probably a good point.

12 Last