stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    I was cranking fastballs the first time I picked up a bat, and I'm no natural phenom. Not a hard thing to do...at all.

Agree that golf is one of the more difficult sports though.
    The hardest thing in sports to do is hit a round ball with a round bat.

-Ted Williams

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Professional hockey. 30-40mph making precise split decision in a matter of seconds. Putting a 1"x3" puck in spaces that are barely double that size at 100mph.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

hockey because it involves ice skating and fighting

JoshB
    JoshB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

Combat sports

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFavorites$$$ View Post
    Most people really don't get into MMA... so their talents are competing against a much smaller pool size.

But when you are an elite baseball player, there are millions and millions and millions of people out there trying to be the best... generally speaking, I think that elite athletes from any sport could train and become good MMA fighters... I
    could not, however, see MMA athletes
    becoming good baseball, basketball, or
    football players.
    MMA attracts top athletes from all combat sports. It is life after collegiate wrestling for most wrestlers. Your statements lead me to believe you are only considering the UFC when you say it is a smaller pool. There are vast amounts of international athletes who compete In international venues. There have been alot of athletes try and cross over to MMA and get beat up by guys no one has heard of. I would say the hardest skill to acquire is hitting a baseball , especially something with movement, but I think MMA takes the most skills to be good at (takedowns, takedown defense, submissions and submission defense, punching, kicking, the clinch, cardio, and the mental aspect to deal with getting hit while still playing the chess match.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

RoadFavorites$$$
    RoadFavorites$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    MMA attracts top athletes from all combat sports. It is life after collegiate wrestling for most wrestlers. Your statements lead me to believe you are only considering the UFC when you say it is a smaller pool. There are vast amounts of international athletes who compete In international venues. There have been alot of athletes try and cross over to MMA and get beat up by guys no one has heard of. I would say the hardest skill to acquire is hitting a baseball , especially something with movement, but I think MMA takes the most skills to be good at (takedowns, takedown defense, submissions and submission defense, punching, kicking, the clinch, cardio, and the mental aspect to deal with getting hit while still playing the chess match.
    I'm merely speaking from what I know of the two sports.

Most kids play major sports like baseball, football, basketball, even soccer at a young age. I went to a high school with 3000 kids and we didn't even have a wrestling team or any kind of combative sport. Just kind of puts things in perspective because of the 1500 boys in that school probably 1000 played baseball at some point.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFavorites$$$ View Post

I'm merely speaking from what I know of the two sports.

Most kids play major sports like baseball, football, basketball, even soccer at a young age. I went to a high school with 3000 kids and we didn't even have a wrestling team or any kind of combative sport. Just kind of puts things in perspective because of the 1500 boys in that school probably 1000 played baseball at some point.
    I understand. Its really a difficult thing to judge. I am not sure if we are debating what the sport requires most skills to play, or which sport it is harder to make it to the top in.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Like comparing a PG to a C..

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Chess

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    Chess
    beat me to it

chess

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Hitting a baseball is the hardest thing there is no ifs and or buts about it. But I dont think it makes baseball the most skill reliant sport.

I would lean towards golf myself. A lot of people can be good at golf not many can be great at it I think that is what separates it from the other sports.

jjaycuny
    jjaycuny's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9350

The sport of killing hookers.

First ... 2345