dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

hitting a baseball, for sure. Some moving at 99 mph and jumping up and down, dropping and rising. Are you kidding me?

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

def not basketball. you can be good at basketball for simply being tall and/or athletic

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

cricket is not a sport. hahaha

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Wow Mark Reynolds? He might just be the worst contact hitter presently in MLB.

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    You lose ANY credibility when you say cricket takes more skill than baseball who the hell plays Cricket? What does it pay?Any anthletes making 20 million a yr playing cricket.

Do you not understand baseball? Let me draw a picture for you.. a pitcher throws the ball 60ft 6 in to a batter. A 90 mph fastball reaches the batter in 0.4 seconds. At this time the batter must decide to swing or take the pitch. Hit a small round ball with a round bat that is moving 90+mph. Not only make contact but square the ball up, not only square it up but hit it where a fielder is not able to catch it.. And those that can do this 30% of the time or better are mulit-millionaires
    Who plays cricket? More people than baseball, for sure.

And those who haven't ever played cricket don't know shite about the sport. Plus all the running on the field. Especially the test matches.

And what you described is pretty much done in cricket as well.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Has to be tennis. Anyone can go on a baseball field and catch/hit a ball if you're not crosseyed. Anyone can hit a jumper in basketball. Football is more of just being a strong mofo.

Try going on a tennis court without any prior knowledge to the sport and see how good you do. I've tryed this and it was borderline pathetic.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by 70kgman View Post

Here you go SoV. Watch this. A below average MLB hitter knocking the damn cricket all over the place where the cricket player is not even making contact with an 80 mph fastball which is well below average. Cricket is not on TV bro so people must not be enamored with the skill as much as you are.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here you go SoV. Watch this. A below average MLB hitter knocking the damn cricket all over the place where the cricket player is not even making contact with an 80 mph fastball which is well below average. Cricket is not on TV bro so people must not be enamored with the skill as much as you are.
    ur really dumb. nobody watches it so there must be any skills involved, pay scale also determines skill too? great point. get back in ur treehouse kiddo

Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    ur really dumb. nobody watches it so there must be any skills involved, pay scale also determines skill too? great point. get back in ur treehouse kiddo

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Foosball.

ATP123
    ATP123's Avatar Become A Pro!

baseball and its no contest

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Baseball.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

I laugh my ass off at people who say the guys need to be well physically and shit. Learn how to read. Guy said skill.

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just watched the first 1:30 of the vid I just knew it would be fukking biased.

Aditya, some lad playing for the American National cricket team.

Good job on finding a highly biased video to support your argument.

SHADYLANKY
    Update your status
    SHADYLANKY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

Everyone is forgetting power lifting

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16261

Cant find the study but about 20 yrs ago some big time Co. did a study that hitting a BASEBALL was the hardest skill in all of sports, my guess was boxing at the time,,,,maybe someone can find what I was looking for

brxbmbers42
    brxbmbers42's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA. and its not even close. try running up and down the court 150 times with you're eyeballs bouncing up and down and score a bucket. best athletes in the world and its not even close.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Hahaha you put the best basketball players out on the ice with NHL players and they will spend more time on their butts than their skates, not to mention be completely gassed before their shift is over. Being tall and lanky won't get you anywhere but a hospital bed in hockey.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

And BTW, for the record I have played all sports competitively (except for cricket), and found basketball to be the easiest to pick up and play aside from soccer! No learning curve or special skillset required, as long as you're tall you're good to go!

Beatles
    Beatles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baseball.. what other sport can you have a success rate of only 30%(hitting) and be considered one of the best that ever played??
    If you can return (win) 30% of Federer's first serves then you'll be on your way

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Hockey not even close.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    Hahaha you put the best basketball players out on the ice with NHL players and they will spend more time on their butts than their skates, not to mention be completely gassed before their shift is over. Being tall and lanky won't get you anywhere but a hospital bed in hockey.

Comeon....That's obvious.

But put those same Hockey players on a basketball court, and they would be getting embarrassed worse than the cavs against the lakers a week ago.

Ice skating is not that hard, anyone that has spent there youth skating a few times at birthday parties can hop on ice skates and do it.

Seems like people are saying that the Skating part is the toughest part of Hockey. I would think it'd be the puck handling, but then again, that doesn't seem terribly hard either. And by me saying this, I already know that I wouldn't stand a chance playing hockey against even mediocre people that play once a week.

Beatles
    Beatles's Avatar Become A Pro!

would agree with hockey and tennis.

baseball- involves skill but its also worthless as a sport. sports involve a significant level of physical activity that cannot be duplicated by the ordinary individual. baseball players are not physically gifted, they are not fast (we're talking majority here), they do not jump high, they are not quick, they do not have the endurance, or lateral movement. they are not true athletes

jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

its obvious that people's opinion differ just from where you have lived. Looks like most people from canada say hockey and most people from US easy either baseball or golf. But really you cant say that cricket is harder than baseball, i dont really think it would matter who was it the video SoV. The video is not based on who was in the video its deal with factual information and a baseball bat its much smaller than a cricket paddle.

Like ive said...ive also played all sports throughout my life and i still find that soccer is the easiest( for me) to acquire. Basketball is also pretty simple. If you are athletic then you can play basketball and soccer. But you dont have to be athletic to play baseball or golf and that's because IMO it takes more skill to play these sports.

Rod1010

hockey BY FAR . tennis and mma too .. im still on the floor laughing at the baseball comments . THATS all u gotta practice ! just hitting the stupid ball then you go sit on the bench for an hour eating chips

Chugs
    Chugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 594

There is a huge difference between athleticism and skill.

Baseball without question requires the most skill.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10650

Pro Badminton

onetrickpony

Quote Originally Posted by Rod1010 View Post
    hockey BY FAR . tennis and mma too .. im still on the floor laughing at the baseball comments . THATS all u gotta practice ! just hitting the stupid ball then you go sit on the bench for an hour eating chips
    get em rod

jnickell100

Rod, youre pretty good at trying to stir the pot.

Rod1010

jnickell100

Quote Originally Posted by Chugs View Post
    There is a huge difference between athleticism and skill.

Baseball without question requires the most skill.

Rod1010

i could hit the fkin stupid ball with my cokk . Baseball . i hope all americans dont really think its baseball IM DYING

onetrickpony

there dumbasses if they think baseball is

Rod1010

Baseball the furthest u can get Is to Triple AAA in the minor leagues right before playing in the MLB. IM already playing triple AAA hockey

Chugs
    Chugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 594

And physically demanding does not equate to skill.

First 12345 Last