Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone taking Venus?

If she's losing big, she might retire. You think? Anyone know her history? I know the sisters like to take tactical BS injury breaks, but do they retire often?

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

she is prone to retiring when losing. Both Williams sisters do it. I think it's a pride thing. They have too much of it.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11566

I thought Venus had not retired in 12 years?

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    she is prone to retiring when losing. Both Williams sisters do it. I think it's a pride thing. They have too much of it.
    No thats called ego. Pride would be fighting the whole match every point when hurt no matter what the score is.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not true, Venus has never retired from a match in a major in her entire career.

With that said, Petkovic is the better all around player and should roll Venus in straights, has nothing to do with the injury, Petkovic will just be too strong for Venus today.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    Not true, Venus has never retired from a match in a major in her entire career.

With that said, Petkovic is the better all around player and should roll Venus in straights, has nothing to do with the injury, Petkovic will just be too strong for Venus today.
    Apparently she hasn't retired as I was under the impression she was. My mistake. I do have to disagree about Petkovic being the all around better player though. She very well could win today against Venus I don't doubt that's possible.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Apparently she hasn't retired as I was under the impression she was. My mistake. I do have to disagree about Petkovic being the all around better player though. She very well could win today against Venus I don't doubt that's possible.
    I didn't mean she has never retired in any match, she has retired before in a match but never in any of the four majors over her career.

Petkovic wins today IMO and I am extremely confident in that.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    I didn't mean she has never retired in any match, she has retired before in a match but never in any of the four majors over her career.

Petkovic wins today IMO and I am extremely confident in that.
    I do agree that Petkovic is the play here. Too many variables with Williams and the whole supposed injury last match. Shady to me. Petkovic or no play. Good luck.