Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

LMAO!! OP is a fuking clown, 20 pts total they lost by in 6 games, possibly the best #6 seed ever

AmpleGamble
    AmpleGamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 834

Steelers all the way to the bank..

SpeedPro
    SpeedPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Packers have had a far better year than Chicago IMO.

foutty25
    foutty25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

if anybody blew my mind it would be the jets, didnt see them makin it this far

Dex17
    Dex17's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by oiler View Post
    green bay is dreaming if they think they will beat chicago at home..wont happen
    What a baseless statement. The Seahawks and Redskins beat the Bears at their place this season. The Pats were supposed to be unbeatable at home and lost to the Jets. Don't be one of those fools that overvalues the homefield factor.

"Won't happen"... you say it like it's a fact that it's impossible for the Bears to lose at home and against the hottest team that just beat two teams that are better than the Bears on the road. Idiotic.

tbab
    tbab's Avatar Become A Pro!

GB has a better offense than Chicago. Far better. Last time I checked I believe whoever scores more points wins the football game, please correct me if I am wrong and the rules have changed.

alexy
    alexy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1864

Super bowl will be a very big box of surprises. You will see. Gl to all

raggman
    raggman's Avatar Become A Pro!

go packers beat the bears

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

I will put my vote on the 1994 Stan Humphries led San Diego Chargers as the worst Super Bowl team ever.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    Would help to read what I'm responding to
    I'll repost it, if it'll help you:

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy-Man View Post
    Look at gb roster and compare it to jets or steelers. Now compare the schedule. Packers in the super bowl is a joke
    GB pro bowlers: 5 PITT pro bowlers: 3 GB schedule rank: 9 PITT schedule rank: 10 GB vs. top 10 Sagarin teams: 6-3 PITT vs. top 10 Sagarin teams: 3-4 http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl10.htm
    So, the man says to look at a roster, but you assess a handful of players, badly at that.

The man says compare schedule, so you take some bad statistics?

I'm not even supporting his argument, I'll responding more to you laying a turd and others lapping it up.

And you consider what when determining how good a team is?
    No team can be assessed in a void. It's all about matchups. That's part of what makes things like power rankings phony, especially at this time of the year when all remaining teams are top notch. The list of variables in matchups is long, but the first thing any experienced handicapper will look at is the injury report. There are complete books written about this type of subject and I don't feel like writing an entire book as a response here.

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

not really that hard to believe they have looked the best of all the remaning teams

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11153

Pittsburgh for me. They win their 7th

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I'll repost it, if it'll help you:

So, the man says to look at a roster, but you assess a handful of players, badly at that.

The man says compare schedule, so you take some bad statistics?

I'm not even supporting his argument, I'll responding more to you laying a turd and others lapping it up.

No team can be assessed in a void. It's all about matchups. That's part of what makes things like power rankings phony, especially at this time of the year when all remaining teams are top notch. The list of variables in matchups is long, but the first thing any experienced handicapper will look at is the injury report. There are complete books written about this type of subject and I don't feel like writing an entire book as a response here.
    No, you're responding out of your hatred for GB, or for some reason just decided to create an internet beef when you're 100% in the wrong.

What is a general measurement of the quality of players on a roster? Something concise? Pro Bowlers would be a reasonable fit here outside of going up and down each roster to compare stats for every player. Did I post Pro Bowlers with the assumption that teams with more Pro Bowlers automatically = better quality players, or did I just post it as a general measurement so I could be brief? Reading comprehension is vital here.

What is a general measurement of the quality of a schedule? It seems Sagarin rankings would be reasonable for all non-GB haters. Or I could say GB's: CHI 2x, @ Philly2x, @ ATL 2x, @ NYJ, @ NE, NYG > Pitt's: ATL, @ NO, NE, BALT 3x, NYJ

(notice those are the best quality teams on each schedule, and all just happen to be in the top 10 of the Sagarin rankings, hmm)

I "laid a turd" by posting pertinent, intuitively viable facts, but the OP's zero substance GB smear thread with claims like "GB would be the worst SB team of all time" gets a pass
    Last edited by Sunde91; 01-21-11 at 11:47 PM.

Finalnub
    Finalnub's Avatar Become A Pro!

OP must be leveling. GB has comparable talent to PITS and they're believing that they can win. Would be surprised to see them not in the SB

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

Lazy-Man do you own a large estate in Lousiana and have a wife named Deanna?

Quake
    Quake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

GB pro bowlers: 5
    PITT pro bowlers: 3

GB schedule rank: 9
    PITT schedule rank: 10

GB vs. top 10 Sagarin teams: 6-3
    PITT vs. top 10 Sagarin teams: 3-4
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl10.htm

Craziest part is that somehow Aaron Rogers isn't one of those pro bowlers... Yeah the past 2 weeks hes taken on NFC probowlers Matty Ice and Vick on the road and we know how that turned out..

tbab

And now its Cutler's turn.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

No, you're responding out of your hatred for GB, or for some reason just decided to create an internet beef when you're 100% in the wrong.

What is a general measurement of the quality of players on a roster? Something concise? Pro Bowlers would be a reasonable fit here outside of going up and down each roster to compare stats for every player. Did I post Pro Bowlers with the assumption that teams with more Pro Bowlers automatically = better quality players, or did I just post it as a general measurement so I could be brief? Reading comprehension is vital here.

What is a general measurement of the quality of a schedule? It seems Sagarin rankings would be reasonable for all non-GB haters. Or I could say GB's: CHI 2x, @ Philly2x, @ ATL 2x, @ NYJ, @ NE, NYG > Pitt's: ATL, @ NO, NE, BALT 3x, NYJ

(notice those are the best quality teams on each schedule, and all just happen to be in the top 10 of the Sagarin rankings, hmm)

I "laid a turd" by posting pertinent, intuitively viable facts, but the OP's zero substance GB smear thread with claims like "GB would be the worst SB team of all time" gets a pass
    You are simply repeating what you've already said, ignoring what I've said. There's no communication going on here.

I never said I hated GB. I never said I was wrong. I never said Pro Bowl or Sagarin ratings were relevant, just the opposite.

brumbies
    sail close to the wind
    brumbies's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7712

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    LOL That;s why I win almost every year in every sport.
    Is that your son in your avatar? Are you a tout? I remember seeing some of your picks in the service plays section.

bradnowell
    bradnowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

I think rodgers will take a superbowl ring over a trip to the pro bowl

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

as long as the bears dont make it to the super bowl, it will be a good game

JACK MATZ
    JACK MATZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2213

Pitt will win this easy!
    Bet the house!!

tbab

Still can't believe this?

wookieehumper
    wookieehumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

the line doesn't make sense to me... but i'm not going to question it and just stay away from betting this game

tbab

The line is what it is because Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL right now.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Disagree....any of those first 3 Denver teams that got crushed....Elway was the ONLY talent they had! SF beat them 56-10 if my memory is correct?
    The niners were just THAT good.

Jeffito11
    Jeffito11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dumb post, no reasoning behind it. Lol at the bearbackers!

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

i really think the line is right on. i think the packers win by 10

tbab

The Niners beat Denver 55-10.

TT77
    TT77's Avatar Become A Pro!

packers will win you money

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by JACK MATZ View Post
    Pitt will win this easy!
    Bet the house!!
    I guess the ass whooping we put on BOTH of the NY teams in your state left you unimpressed.

raiders32
    raiders32's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the Steelers win a close game.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

Aaron Rodgers could be the next Joe Montana.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

greenbay.? they barely made it in to the playoffs. they had to win their last two. and lucky for them both at home. the bears were already packed up and ready for round 2 as divison winner when pack beat them in greenbay barely with a comeback win in the 4th quarter. in the last 5 minutes of the regular season.

streak should stop now. steelers won thier divison in week 14. and clinched homefield in 15th.

this does not matter.?
    who cares about trendy picks.

steelers hang tuff and disrupt the pack back to their correct seed. (no excuses) 6th.

steelers are #2 and that with rothlesberger out for a quarter of the season.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

to stand a chance maybe greenbay should lure Farve out of retirement as a backup quarterback or running back, for lateral passes.

First 1234 Last