GoCougs!
    GoCougs!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11030

To say the Pack would be the worst team in SB history is crazy. To say they have no chance against Chicago is crazy.
    Thread is fun to read, but initial post is bonkers.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

worst SB team ever was the 85 Pats

blueghost
    blueghost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

2 road playoff wins thats why...

kickenchicken
    kickenchicken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4128

bears and steelers in superbowl the two lazy fat white guys to go home

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by kickenchicken View Post
    bears and steelers in superbowl the two lazy fat white guys to go home

denn333
    Update your status
    denn333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

its all about the turnovers.

shantystar
    shantystar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 117

pckers will win title this year

docvinny
    docvinny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

gotta lean towards the packers, especially after last weekends trouncing of the Falcons, better hope the bears can run the ball

your pixel army
    your pixel army's Avatar Become A Pro!

If the Bears don't come out firing on all cylinders early, it may be a tough game for them.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Peepers View Post
    Did the jets blow out the pack in NY earlier this year??? worst team in super bowl ever lol

How are they a bad team? They are playing better than anyone...

Don't forget, The Giants were a wild-card team that almost didn't make the playoffs after a bad start in 2007 (and almost got their coach fired) who went on to win 3 road games and beat the "unbeatable", undefeated Pats...

Jive
    Jive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy-Man View Post
    Don't based them in a regular season game. That doesn't compare. They are playing in the playoffs. Anticipation, hype, motivation. If packers win sunday I swear I will empty my account against them. Especially of they are playing against my steelers
    Thus the reason for the Packer hate. Lazy Man feels like his Steelers are getting disrespected because they aren't favored.

BTW, I think Pitt wins it all, too.

LV420
    LV420's Avatar Become A Pro!

The packers are not even close to the worst team if they play in the superbowl. If they can some how get out of Chicago they will win it. Neutral field and good weather = packers win superbowl.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Only reason I'm rooting for them.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9082

im taking GB all the way

killough34
    killough34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4105

they are playing better than any other team right now.

BetWeather
    BetWeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 143

The pack is back

Don Giovanni
    Don Giovanni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

They could possibly be the worst team to play in the super bowl if they make it. Jets or steelers could easily blow them out
    The Packers looked very much like the 99 Rams (Greatest Show on Turf) in Atlanta. I think, if they get there, they'll win it all. I just don't think they'll get through Chicago.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GoCougs! View Post
    To say the Pack would be the worst team in SB history is crazy. To say they have no chance against Chicago is crazy. Thread is fun to read, but initial post is bonkers.
    Green Bay might be the best overall NFC team that we have seen in the last 5 years. Whether or not their defense gets it done on the road remains to be seen, but it's clear that the right two teams are in the NFC Championship game.

LChruscial85
    Tyler Bray to the Bills!
    LChruscial85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

That's what everyone thought when the Giants went and ousted the Patriots who were favored by mid double digits! lol.......The Steelers have the only shot at stopping them if they meet in the superbowl...but the Bears are gonna be a true test. I don't get how you can say they would be the worst superbowl team ever. They have so much talent and have had so many injuries on Offense and Defense. They have so much depth....Tramon Williams has made a name for himself...The Steelers lose Troy Palamalu and there defense is toast...lol Team Defense wins superbowls...Packers will win it if they beat the Bears
    Last edited by LChruscial85; 01-21-11 at 01:43 PM.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    GB pro bowlers: 5
    PITT pro bowlers: 3

GB schedule rank: 9
    PITT schedule rank: 10

GB vs. top 10 Sagarin teams: 6-3
    PITT vs. top 10 Sagarin teams: 3-4
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl10.htm

Pro Bowlers?! Seriously? Pats & Falcons have 8, they are done. Cowboys have 5, what have they done this year? Pro Bowlers are voted in, it's a popularity contest more than a measure of a players talent or value to a team. When it comes to winning and losing in the NFL playoffs, there is no voting involved.

Bringing up strength of schedule is meaningless. Besides the NFC West, there aren't really any cupcakes in the NFL. With Seattle beating the Saints, we can even debate how weak the NFC West really is.

Pats were 11-1 against the Sagarin top 16, that didn't help them on Sunday. Redskins were 3-1 vs the Sagarin top 7, What have they done this year?. Sagarin is a lame rating system that rewards teams that do well in garbage time of games.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Pro Bowlers?! Seriously? Pats & Falcons have 8, they are done. Cowboys have 5, what have they done this year? Pro Bowlers are voted in, it's a popularity contest more than a measure of a players talent or value to a team. When it comes to winning and losing in the NFL playoffs, there is no voting involved.

Bringing up strength of schedule is meaningless. Besides the NFC West, there aren't really any cupcakes in the NFL. With Seattle beating the Saints, we can even debate how weak the NFC West really is.

Pats were 11-1 against the Sagarin top 16, that didn't help them on Sunday. Redskins were 3-1 vs the Sagarin top 7, What have they done this year?. Sagarin is a lame rating system that rewards teams that do well in garbage time of games.
    Would help to read what I'm responding to

And you consider what when determining how good a team is?

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    worst SB team ever was the 85 Pats
    Disagree....any of those first 3 Denver teams that got crushed....Elway was the ONLY talent they had! SF beat them 56-10 if my memory is correct?

mrpooh
    mrpooh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pitt should be, but the pack are a public team

Mr Handicapable

I'm making a HUGE PLAY on GB if they meet up with Pittsburgh! Brady went for 350 yds, 3 TD, 0 picks, 39 points earlier in Heinz Field by spreading them out! Rodgers would do the same thing (w/better receivers) by spreading out those huge 260 lb. LBs in space! Plus it would be on turf...no way the Steelers could stay close!

Nittany Lion
    Nittany Lion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

Watch it be the Jets/Bears in the Superbowl, that is a game nobody wants to watch. According to the ESPN polls everybody wants to see a Steelers/Packers game, I hope it works out that way.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by cigar View Post
    every year people forget defense wins championships
    And Packers have best defense in NFC so I don't get your point. They finished second in NFL in points allowed, just barely behind Pittsburgh.

CaptJames05
    CaptJames05's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 691

That's the funniest thing i've ever heard! Hahahaha

Mr. Peepers
    Mr. Peepers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Look at gb roster and compare it to jets or steelers. Now compare the schedule. Packers in the super bowl is a joke

Packers Schedule including playoffs:

-Chicago 3 times
    @ NY Jets
    @ Atlanta 2 times
    @ New England
    @ Philadelphia 2 times

Honestly, WTF are you smoking??? You have lost all credibility on this forum and you owe the world an apology because we are now all dumber for listening to your argument, SO HELP YOU GOD

LChruscial85
    Tyler Bray to the Bills!
    LChruscial85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Peepers View Post
    Packers Schedule including playoffs:

-Chicago 3 times
    @ NY Jets
    @ Atlanta 2 times
    @ New England
    @ Philadelphia 2 times

Honestly, WTF are you smoking??? You have lost all credibility on this forum and you owe the world an apology because we are now all dumber for listening to your argument, SO HELP YOU GOD
    Nicely Put!

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie B View Post
    Can someone explain to me how the Pack bypassed the Bears????
    Just wondering?
    HUH?

Packers the best playoff team remaining and the Bears are the worst. I don't think the Bears were EVER ahead of the Packers on the Sagarin Ratings at any point this season, and they are currently rated a whopping 9 points better, meaning that Green Bay should be -6 at Chicago.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    HUH?

Packers the best playoff team remaining and the Bears are the worst. I don't think the Bears were EVER ahead of the Packers on the Sagarin Ratings at any point this season, and they are currently rated a whopping 9 points better, meaning that Green Bay should be -6 at Chicago.
    you are not good in handicapping games

i bet you lost a ton on NE -9.5

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    you are not good in handicapping games

i bet you lost a ton on NE -9.5
    LOL

That;s why I win almost every year in every sport.

Mr Handicapable

I will say I'm not a McCarthy fan! 6 losses by 4 points or less is not a fluke...injuries or not! They tried like hell to blow the Philly playoff game by sitting on the lead and running out of the I-formation! Thats really the only thing that scares me w/the Pack?

Alfie B
    Alfie B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    HUH?

What I mean is we're talking about a situation that doesn't exist at the moment.
    Injuries and turnovers happen. How many games did Brady go without tossing an Int. before last week? The Saints were prohibitive favorites over Seattle. Anything could happen.

pittmatt80
    pittmatt80's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Have we been watching the same team play the last month or so. Because the Packers defense has played great against the pass and run, and Rodgers has just picked apart the opposing defenses. I think this will be a close game with Packers winning they are super hot at the right time. If the Seahawks would of made the Super Bowl they would have been the worst team ever to make the Super Bowl. We will see on Sunday though, Good Luck to All.

First 1234 Last