wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

bitch falls into fountain, NOW SUING SECURITY GUARDS!

imagine a man even trying this

Revealed: The 'mortified' texting shopper who fell in mall fountain... and now she's suing the security guards who laughed at her

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
    Last updated at 5:16 AM on 21st January 2011

• 'I could see the pennies and nickels at the bottom of the fountain... then I was in it'

The woman who accidentally fell into a shopping mall fountain while texting on her mobile phone has spoken about the incident for the first time - and says she is suing.
    CCTV footage of Cathy Marrero failing to notice that she was walking straight into a pool of water became a YouTube hit after being watched by 1.5million people.

But the 49-year-old, revealing her identity for the first time, says she doesn't find the video very funny and plans to take the mall in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania to court after accusing staff of laughing instead of helping her out of the water.
    Mortified: Cathy Marrero at home in Reading, Pennsylvania, with a laptop showing the video of her plunge, which has been watched by 1.5m people worldwide

Speaking of the moment she unwittingly took the plunge, she said: ‘I saw the water coming at me, I could see the pennies and nickels at the bottom of the fountain and then I was in it.'
    Security surveillance showed Ms Marrero walking in a straight line while texting on her phone, oblivious to what was around her - or directly in front of her.
    Support: Mrs Marrero had been texting a friend who wanted to know the birthday of her husband, Walter

She then fell into the cold water before struggling to get out and making a swift exit.

The video was posted with commentary by what is believed to be laughing mall employees who watched the video over and over.
    Mrs Marrero said she was left mortified by the incident.

‘My issue is I don't think security was professional because they didn't send anyone to check on me until 20 minutes later and I had already left,’ she told the Reading Eagle.
    ‘Instead of laughing, they should have said, 'Is she OK?' and been down there right away to check on me.'
    She added: 'I'm just like dumbfounded. And all I kept saying was: ‘I fell. I fell. I fell in the fountain. I fell in the fountain.’
    After watching the woman's embarrassing fall, a worker is captured saying: 'And then she just awkwardly walks away'.

'Oh my God! Play it back, play it back', one viewer said, wanting to see the hilarious footage again.
    The worker then shows the woman's fall from a different angle which brings more hoots of laughter.
    One of the housekeeping workers then walked up to Ms Marrero to see if she was hurt.
    The security guard said: 'Paedro asked her if she is all right and she said: "Yes - I'm just a little wet."'
    Approaching the danger zone: Cathy nears the fountain while she texts. 'I won't do it any more,' she says now

Moment she'll never live down: Cathy trips over the wall, top left, and, clockwise, tumbles into the water, before shaking herself down and climbing out as she tries to recover what's left of her dignity

Mrs Marrero said she was leaving work at a nearby shop that day and texting a friend from church who wanted to know her birthday and the birthday of her husband, Walter Marrero, 46, an unemployed maintenance worker.

‘I usually don't walk and text, but I did this day,’ she said. ‘I won't any more.’

She said she never texts while driving.

‘That's so dangerous,’ she said.
    While she has had a chuckle about it, she said she's also had about enough.
    Are you OK? One of the mall's housekeeping staffers asked the lady if she was all right - she responded, 'Yes - I'm just a little wet'

‘It's funny, but you need to see the serious side of it,’ she said.

‘What if it was a senior citizen? Would it be funny then?’

She said she approached mall management about it and security officials told her it was not a big deal because no one could see her face in the video.

‘But I know it's me,’ she said.

Texting while driving has been banned in Britain and several U.S. states and the risks of distractedly tapping on a mobile phone while behind the wheel are obvious.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1Be59WP5f

Metalhead
    Metalhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243

She's pissed at them for uploading the video to youtube. I hope she gets laughed out of the courtroom.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

dumbass

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

LMAO, this bi*ch is dumber than I thought. I mean she was dumb enough to walk into a fountain and she could of saved face and just remained anonymous, but instead she presents herself to the public with a ridiculous lawsuit.

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

mall should reverse sue

I bet Bill Handel talks about this on his upcoming radio show

Merella
    Merella's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18827

I bet malls all over the country are gonna have big ass signs with flashing lights Beware of fountain ahead

wtf

WOULD LOVE TO SEE a counter suit, they will for sure as it is a good defence tactic

look forward to hear them losing

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

what a fukkin kunt, laugh it off

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Could she win??

Mall will settle out of court

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

In the hours that followed Cathy Cruz Marrero's appearance on 'Good Morning America' today to talk about the fall and its aftermath, she was in court for a status hearing on charges of five felony counts, including theft by deception and receiving stolen property," reports ABC News.
    Turns out Marrero's been out on $7,500 bail since 2009, after being charged with running up more than $5,000 in purchases on a co-worker's credit card. No wonder she had a lawyer handy.
    Marrero's next court date is April 21, and she's facing about six months of house arrest and electronic monitoring, according to the Reading Eagle. So all y'all talking about how if she just shut up and went on with her life, nobody would know it was her in the fountain —maybe six people recognized her — are more right than you realized. While it's unknown how many people knew about her theft charges, we all sure know about it now.

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

funny shit

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by Brewers in 7 View Post
    In the hours that followed Cathy Cruz Marrero's appearance on 'Good Morning America' today to talk about the fall and its aftermath, she was in court for a status hearing on charges of five felony counts, including theft by deception and receiving stolen property," reports ABC News.
    Turns out Marrero's been out on $7,500 bail since 2009, after being charged with running up more than $5,000 in purchases on a co-worker's credit card. No wonder she had a lawyer handy.
    Marrero's next court date is April 21, and she's facing about six months of house arrest and electronic monitoring, according to the Reading Eagle. So all y'all talking about how if she just shut up and went on with her life, nobody would know it was her in the fountain —maybe six people recognized her — are more right than you realized. While it's unknown how many people knew about her theft charges, we all sure know about it now.
    Yup any embarrassment is caused by her own actions in bringing the suit.

And to those that originally thought this whole thing was staged, are you still sticking to those guns.

legendmatt34
    legendmatt34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

Typical woman

wtf

might be one of the dumbest woman walking the earth now

do they pay people to go on good morning america and similar shows? i always wondered about that

thisisit
    thisisit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Remember that someone won over a million because the coffee there was too hot she didnt know it was hot. She thought since they call it Hot chocolate she knew it was hot, but they just called this coffee so she had no idea!

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

these people dont fool me , she was textin a guy shes been meeting for sex after shoping, now shes pissed cas its gone get out , that liein bitch

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead View Post
    She's pissed at them for uploading the video to youtube. I hope she gets laughed out of the courtroom.
    its actually illegal in a lot of states , the mall security guards took the video without permission and posted it on youtube via there home computer, she will get a settlement out of court, good luck

scarp
    scarp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

it is dumb of the staffers for posting the video without permission... but I'm sure this lady is going to try and get millions. Its her own dumb fault she wasn't paying attention.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

The mall should sue her for attempted robbery for attempting to steal coins from the fountain

Mattn3236
    Mattn3236's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just triped over my shoe laces and I'm sueinng Nike. I don't see the big deal this lady is doing things the american way.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

The video is still pretty freaking funny, she did not have a clue what she was walking into...

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Bitch is gonna get paid.

Video should be sent to America's Funniest Home Videos.

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by nosniboR11 View Post
    its actually illegal in a lot of states , the mall security guards took the video without permission and posted it on youtube via there home computer, she will get a settlement out of court, good luck
    I'm guessing that there was probably some warning/sign at the entrance indicating that the premises are being monitored by security cameras. Between that and the fact that there's no reasonable expectation of privacy in a public mall, she won't be able to successfully argue that they should not have videotaped her.

The issue is the youtube posting, but I'm not sure she has claim there either. Think of it this way. How many times do you see some reality TV program where folks are in the picture but their faces are blurred? How is this different? Nobody knew it was her until she came forward and announced it was her. Any damages she has are caused by her own doing.

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

Another one trying to make a quick buck....