pats3peat
    LETS GO PATS
    pats3peat's Avatar Become A Pro!

52 Reasons why ESPN sucks

this is for you people who complain about ESPN and how much it sucks.. this site has made a list of 52 reasons

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/?p=1406

Brick Tamland
    Brick House!
    Brick Tamland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

ESPN facked us all. They took over sports news and then when no one else was left including SI ...turned into a pay per view service. Ive hated them for a while. they are fake now too with the white black guy trying to get street cred

pats3peat
    LETS GO PATS
    pats3peat's Avatar Become A Pro!

what year would u say ESPN started sucking? aka: what years did u enjoy ESPN?

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

#1 reason, shitheads like Michael Irvine, Stuart Scott, Stephen A Smith, .....

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pats3peat
    when they started making movies and tv shows. and, at the rate it's going. it's gonna become the next VH1

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

ESPN is getting really bad the problem is there is no real alternative. Honestly, the internet is as good and even better for getting my sports information. Hell, ESPN's webpage takes forever to just load up.

Stuart Scott is real bad....so is Stephen A Smith and a cast of characters on there. ESPN needs to clean house once and for all. Who are Stuart Scott and Stephen A Smith to be telling people whether they are good broadcasters or not...hell they are all better than those two. I hate how Stuart Scott thinks he is from the ghetto when he really isn't....i wish he would actually go to the ghetto and talk like that...he would get his ass kicked real quick.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

dobule B, Stephen A Smith has gotta be the worst one ESPN has hired yet. this guy is just an annoying person in general. everytime the camera goes on him, i turn the channel (not joking either)... he must have got that job, when he opened up a crackerjack box. and, that was the prize inside the box.

freebie
    freebie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion
    #1 reason, shitheads like Michael Irvine, Stuart Scott, Stephen A Smith, .....
    top 3 azzwipes :

1) Stu "holla at my boy" Scott

2) Stephen "loud mouth" Smith

3) Michael "it's not my drugs" Irving.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by pats3peat
    It's hard to pinpoint an exact year, because it was a gradual continuous decay. I agree with BBD that the last few years has gotten absolutely out of control with all of the ESPN spinoffs. The ESPN miniseries "TILT", that aired this spring, was the absolute end for me. What does a TV miniseries, loosely linked to poker, have to do with sports?

Back when I was in college in the early '90s, ESPN sportscenter was a way of life, for sports junkies like me. You saw the highlights, got the scores, ate your breakfast, then went to class. Life was good.

Now, if I eat breakfast with ESPN, I get Skip Bayless and Woody Paige arguing about T.O. or some other topic that has been beaten to death. Give me some freakin highlights, not a couple of egotistical blowhards arguing. In the old days, I often had the sound muted anyway. How am I supposed to watch a show that's all about talking? If I wanted talking, I'd listen to the sports radio talk shows.

ESPN wasn't always bad. It has just gotten terrible over time, until it is finally unwatchable. The link in the OP is awesome. I could add about another 52 to that list, if not more. I'd love to see another sports network try to compete with ESPN, but ESPN has all of the power, and the best case scenario would be that the competing network would simply put ESPN back in line, and that's a poor business proposition: "Spending a dime, just to keep a big gorilla honest.". I guess my only option is to turn the TV off, which I have done and I've kept it off for almost 6 months, now, and haven't missed it at all.

BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

How about replacing Berman too!At first a long time ago he was a novelty but as his head blew up litterally and figureatively he became annoying.The nicknames he doles out these days don't even make sense and he misses good ones in place of giving someone a lame one.Then that back,back,back thing just grates on a person.I almost gagged a few years back when Mr.stain Clinton entered the broadcast booth Berman was announcing from and I swear Berman was lusting after Clinton sucking up to him where Clinton acquired a stain from Berman on his clothing.Can you imagine Dick Vtal and Berman together.Vital is cut from the same bombastic annoying cloth and I think I remember him blowing his wad one time when Clinton entered the booth.Vital with that telling half wit inner city basketball players that if they apply themselves they can run the world.Hell,these kids can't even apply themselves to become Zippy the pinhead.I would like to see Vital have that love fest positivity crap for these kids if they all came and moved next door to him raising havoc.
    Last edited by BrentCrude; 12-01-05 at 12:32 PM.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vital can be annoying at times, but he does put an interesting spin on the game. You can tell his favorite conference is the ACC. He does tend to go overboard when he calls a Duke/North Carolina game. Overall though I like his style.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

One reason to keep my name out your mouth. 1,139< approaching 11,000

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

wat.....sick bump

Arsenal
    Arsenal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    One reason to keep my name out your mouth. 1,139< approaching 11,000

Very strange post in a thread over 5 years old.

BeatTheJerk

Want something stranger Arsenal ? Tell Shari to go get f u c k e d for supporting that rooster face who bashed me in the chat tonight. As I told Pats. I don't get bashed ................. (Ever)

OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Want something stranger Arsenal ? Tell Shari to go get f u c k e d for supporting that rooster face who bashed me in the chat tonight. As I told Pats. I don't get bashed ................. (Ever)
    did he call you a *** guzzler?

Arsenal
    Arsenal's Avatar Become A Pro!

I see now you bumped it because of pats3peat. I couldn't tell before. Carry on with the bashing. He must of pissed you off good. You are a solid poster BTJ so don't get yourself banned over this.

dherd
    dherd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

the two main reasons esnp sucks are dick vitale and jesse palmer - they seem to think everyone tunes in to watch and hear them. they take all the enjoyment out of the games with their never ending yapp yapp yapp.
    anyone with connections at espn please get rid ot them so i can enjoy sports on tv again.

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

It's not bad with the sound off with the scores rolling by.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Everyone of u clowns still watches for 2 hours a day and probly watch the same sc back2back when nothing else is on like I do. And its funny you only complain about the black guys when berman.bayless.and jacobsen are some of the worst ever. Shut up already.espn is as smart as apple.microsoft. and any other company that realized they had something the public can't live without.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Well two of those black guys are gone and ESPN is still shit....

It's not even what the people say now that makes ESPN shit, it's the things they're covering/discussing.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post

It's not even what the people say now that makes ESPN shit, it's the things they're covering/discussing.
    exactly- i dont wanna hear about lebron james' tweets and brett favres meat...

we still dont really know how f*cked up polamalus ankle is exactly. or how about a story having to do with RLM and its correlation to 85% freethrow shooters bricking like 1990s Shaq

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

ESPN is more about entertainment than sports, that is obvious. Can't blame them though since they are catering to their audience. The majority of people aren't too bright and are interested in garbage stories and irrelevant news.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

By the way, watch ESPN News if you want straight sports and no BS.

BeatTheJerk

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post

I see now you bumped it because of pats3peat. I couldn't tell before. Carry on with the bashing. He must of pissed you off good. You are a solid poster BTJ so don't get yourself banned over this.
    Thanks pal. I know I don't chime in on a lot of topics in the PT. Usually just here to read and learn from you guys on your opinions. I'm not a pro gambler I have a 9 to 5. So I know I lack certain knowledge that the rest of you may have.

BeatTheJerk

Quote Originally Posted by OmgUrMom View Post
    did he call you a *** guzzler?
    No, but Shari may be a candidate for that on him.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

The fact they employ rob parker is the number 1 reason they suck. That fool just added another nomination for his name on First Take about 5 mins ago.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

The ABC signing was the beginning but the moment they actually branded ABC Sports as ESPN on ABC, March 3, 2003 was the nail in the coffin. ESPN now had a vested interest in reporting about events that aired on ABC and could show bias towards those, increasing awareness then ratings then revenue.