DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8441

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    My all time favorite show, bar none.
    His peers say D'Onofrio is the best character actor in the business today.
    He's my favorite actor.

Now for the good news, Wolf and the boys are bringing back D'onofrio with Erbe, later this year.

Go figure, who would have thought that show was doomed with Goldblum.
    But NBC/USA was losing "Monk" that very same season, and they though Goldblum and his zen ways could fill the void that Monk left.
    He was the best actor on any show I have even seen. I don't know if you remember Peter Falk in Columbo? He was great for it's time and there are some similarities with Criminal Intent but D'Onofrio took it to another level and played that role to a T. Amazing actor.

blackbart
    blackbart's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20685

[quote=Sunde91;8442670]Seconded. Very painful to watch any of the last couple seasons, just unwatchable.

while almost all long running show go through this.
    rescue me is the classic example , went from one of the best shows ever to a jumbled up mess, trying to be overtly funny.

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    King of Queens got a tad lame at the end.. Might be in the minority here but I thought the show "Everybody Loves Raymond" was goood from start to finish.
    ya i liked every season of everybody loves raymond

beermankirk
    beermankirk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 885

Diff'rent strokes, when they were on the 3rd Mrs. Garrett housekeeper, they re-married Mr. Drummond to some white trash, and brought along the red headed step child bastard son Sam.(Danny Cooksey).

If only they stuck with story line of Arnold and Dudley(Shavar Ross) getting their asees kicked by The Gooch.
    Last edited by beermankirk; 01-20-11 at 09:44 PM.

Alfie B
    Alfie B's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't understand how M.A.S.H. even got involved in this discussion as it was perhaps the best series ever. I believe the final episode was the most viewed program in TV history until the Super Bowl last year, a reign that lasted 30 some years.
    Sienfeld? How was that ever a great show?

Alfie B

Actually from what I've seen in this thread some of you guys watched some really bad shows that you classify as great. Saved By the Bell? Rosanne? 6 Million Dollar Man? Every Goof Loves Raymond? Great?
    Last edited by Alfie B; 01-20-11 at 11:33 PM.

Wojo
    Wojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9513

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie B View Post
    I don't understand how M.A.S.H. even got involved in this discussion as it was perhaps the best series ever. I believe the final episode was the most viewed program in TV history until the Super Bowl last year, a reign that lasted 30 some years.
    Sienfeld? How was that ever a great show?
    Alfie, I would say your avatar is one of the best avatars I have ever seen. Thank you.

MASH had some of the best episodes ever in the history of TV. In 11 years, only twice was it not ranked in the top ten (years 1 & 4). I got tired of the show. I got tired of Klinger, I got tired of Winchester. Klinger was hilarious originally, he later became a worn-out farce.

Seinfeld in its last 5 years was ranked #1, 2, or 3 every year. I understand that some people might not like the show. However, it WAS a great show with some of the best and most creative comedy writing of all time.

I agree with your post regarding Saved by the Bell, Roseanne, 6 million dollar man, as definitely not being great series. I never watched Everybody Loves Raymond. I have seen Romano in concert and he was a funny guy. Just never saw his show.

If anybody remembers Dallas, it turned crappy at the end. But what a run!

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    He was the best actor on any show I have even seen. I don't know if you remember Peter Falk in Columbo? He was great for it's time and there are some similarities with Criminal Intent but D'Onofrio took it to another level and played that role to a T. Amazing actor.
    Excellent actor. He was the only reason I watched Criminal Intent.

Alfie B

Quote Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
    Alfie, I would say your avatar is one of the best avatars I have ever seen. Thank you.

MASH had some of the best episodes ever in the history of TV. In 11 years, only twice was it not ranked in the top ten (years 1 & 4). I got tired of the show. I got tired of Klinger, I got tired of Winchester. Klinger was hilarious originally, he later became a worn-out farce.

Seinfeld in its last 5 years was ranked #1, 2, or 3 every year. I understand that some people might not like the show. However, it WAS a great show with some of the best and most creative comedy writing of all time.

I agree with your post regarding Saved by the Bell, Roseanne, 6 million dollar man, as definitely not being great series. I never watched Everybody Loves Raymond. I have seen Romano in concert and he was a funny guy. Just never saw his show.

If anybody remembers Dallas, it turned crappy at the end. But what a run!
    Wojo, I do agree with you that Klinger and Charles were tiresome at times. But i think the work of Alan Alda et al was genius at times. I still watch reruns of MASH and they still hit a soft spot even though I've seen them before. Mash does not deserve to be included in this crappy list, that's for sure.
    Now can we kill Mantracker and Dogg the Bounty Hunter???
    Last edited by Alfie B; 01-21-11 at 01:12 AM. Reason: cause

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

i used to watch the simpsons once or twice a day. Haven't watched it once in like 5 years. Same thing with Family Guy.
    I don't know if these shows suck now, but for some reason i just stopped watching them. Just can't get into it anymore.

Alfie B

The avatars name is Kasia, now I will have to find a new one, but I was contemplating that today any way. Glad you liked her.

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

you guys suck at watching tv

Wojo
    Wojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9513

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie B View Post
    The avatars name is Kasia, now I will have to find a new one, but I was contemplating that today any way. Glad you liked her.
    Thanks for the info, Alfie, on the avatar.

I do agree with your MASH assessment. I thought Alan Alda was tremendous the entire run of the series. I don't know how long Larry Gelbart wrote for them, but he is one of my favorite writers.

Alfie B

Yes,Yes.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Lost was the worst by far. Wicked first season and then the writing fell apart. On the island, off the island, etc.

scoobs
    scoobs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Paul View Post
    The Andy Griffith Show.....When Barney Fife left and the show turned to color from black and white.

Happy Days....When Fonzie jumped the shark.

Jumping the shark is now what they call a bad turn in a show.

DevilCheese
    DevilCheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4971

as Mark would say, by the end I very much wanted to break out of the prison that Prison Break had become for me

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Quote Originally Posted by dfberger23 View Post
    Don't know how anyone can say Seinfeld went down hill.
    This...

alka07
    alka07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

in my opinion x-files last season was garbage

Whippit

Family Feud

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

Quote Originally Posted by Whippit View Post
    Family Feud

because they have a black host??

i like steve harvey i watch it when i call in sick

Whippit

the Feud trainwrecked decades ago after Richard Dawson left

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

H.R. Pufnstuf

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

A show that got canned after 1 or 2 seasons and i liked was Freaks and Geeks.

uofajoe99
    uofajoe99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Totally agree! My favorite actor of all time..

pirate
    pirate's Avatar Become A Pro!

On the flip side....I'm gonna miss Medium....it's finale was this last Friday and I've enjoyed every show.

odusmykal
    odusmykal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5944

My top choice would be LOST.. I loved season 1, but by the end, the worst show ever.. Time travel, alternate universe, they were all dead.. Every show just got more unbearable to watch..

Rescue Me is another one i used to love, but just quit watching cause it got horrible..

For me, one of the most solid shows was "The Shield".. Once it started to get to that point, they ended it.. The last season wasn't as great as the previous ones, but was still a great show..

ATP123
    ATP123's Avatar Become A Pro!

house, king of queens, ER, survivor, the saved by the bells

on the opp end shows that keep on giving: two and a half men, bones, big bang theory

First 123