Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Forget GOLD.......invest in TAMPONS

The recent disappearance of a popular tampon brand is really cramping the style of city women.
    Drugstore shelves have been mysteriously empty of o.b. nonapplicator tampons since late fall, leaving the feminine hygiene product's devotees puzzled and peeved.
    The popular product is in such short supply that eBay users are bidding up to $76 for three packs, which usually sell for just $8.79 a pack.
    And loyalists are taking to blogs and Twitter to figure out where their beloved o.b. tampons might be.
    "This month, they were gone, gone, gone," said freelance writer Janessa Wilson, 40, of Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, a user for decades.
    "I searched everywhere I could, maybe a dozen drugstores, but I couldn't find any."
    Johnson & Johnson, the company that makes the o.b. tampons, shed little light on the mystery, saying only that it experienced a "temporary supply interruption" that led to stores being out of stock.
    The company wouldn't explain the manufacturing or distribution glitch, which began in the fall, any further.
    And the federal Food and Drug Administration said it was not aware of any product recall, or health and safety concerns, related to the shortage.
    Debbie Stoller, editor in chief of the popular feminist magazine BUST, says many women who use nonapplicator tampons do so for environmental reasons, so it was notsimply a matter of changing brands.
    "It has been a big deal because it's one of the only nonapplicator tampons you can buy," she explained. "People who choose to use this are a little bit politicized around it. They feel very strongly about these tampons."
    Maura Weiler, on the website dscriber.com, described being so loyal to the brand that she tried to buy a box from a colleague after checking her local Target and Walgreens stores with no luck.
    "But alas, we learned [the tampon box] was empty before [her colleague] could come up with an asking price," she wrote.
    Johnson & Johnson spokeswoman Yukela Williams apologized to customers about the inconvenience, adding that women should expect to see the product on store shelves soon.
    "Thank God - and goddesses," Wilson said to that.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

classic money making advice from fishy

will definately keep an eye out for this

demand for this sh*t is hugely inelastick because of how insane women are about what goes in there twats

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

ebay is getting flooded with ob ultra sellers

Chandler
    Chandler's Avatar Become A Pro!

buy now and sell after the following scenario. hopefully women stock up on this when the supply returns to normal. ala elaine and her sponges on seinfield, worried that they might be discontinued. After the rash of buying and re-stocking ends. Sell

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Classic marketing gimmick. Limit supply to create a buzz and then unload product in the market.

Chandler

JNJ up despite the market being down overall today

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

OKAY everybody let us stalk up on these "tampon" devices and sell them for massive profits on the internets!!!! muahahahhaha muahahaha

[everybody evil laugh with me!]

MUAHAHAHAHAhahahaha

jagaf22
    jagaf22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Fish dumpster diving for used tampons! GROSS

krisztian20
    krisztian20's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, it is really funny lol, maybe next time more success

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16697

Makes you wonder you pulled the plug on the tampon market.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1965

I always thought the stock of Carter & Wallace would be a good buy (they made Trojan condoms back in the day)... Sadly they got bought out by a bigger company that sells 1000's of other products so now you can't get invested in what is clearly a recession proof product...

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

Any corn in them ?

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9082

I stocked up on tampons months ago. getting ready to cash out

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14516

No doubt that females are more "on the rag" than ever - good investment, Fish!

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16697

With MatchBook liquidity drying up, the OP may be trying to "snatch" profits elsewhere. Something smells "Fishy" to me.

Chandler

are they still being sold on e-bay.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Today in Breaking News:

Infamous consumer of cole cuts and shellfish, JJGold, has been buying the US out of tampons. We have an artists rendition on what the general response is of sbr...

More at 11.

d1m@
    d1m@'s Avatar Become A Pro!

new business plan, invest money in tampons guys good research