stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Here's a question?

Does a square play get labeled a sharp play if it wins?
    (tongue in cheek question because I am so sick of hearing about sharp play this, square play that)
    I'm starting to think people assign the 'sharp' label to themselves as an ego booster or a security problem thing.

I'd rather be called a square and be hitting 54% and using 'square' money management then be called a sharpy sharp and be hitting at a 47 percent clip.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Does a square play get labeled a sharp play if it wins?
    (tongue in cheek question because I am so sick of hearing about sharp play this, square play that)
    I'm starting to think people assign the 'sharp' label to themselves as an ego booster or a security problem thing.

I'd rather be called a square and be hitting 54% and using 'square' money management then be called a sharpy sharp and be hitting at a 47 percent clip.
    No.

He gets labeled sharp if he constantly bets the same side as all the other sharps and does it at a favorable line. Over the years we have seen players bet limits reduced even though they were negative.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Good reply John.
    I've been called both in the same week, I don't know what to think.
    I 'cap it, I play it, that's all, I don't worry about who is on what, what percentage is on what, if my number is better than what Vegas is offering, I wager it, if it's the same, I pass.

Keep up the good work here.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

nope