SBRPicks
    SBRPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

SBRtv Experts' Roundtable: Conference Championships - Packers/Bears, Jets/Steelers

The SBRtv Experts' Roundtable, this week featuring Zach Rosenfield from Accuscore.com, Scott Kellen from SixthSenseSports.com, and professional handicapper John Ryan, looks at the 2 NFL Conference Championship games on Sunday.

Packers/Bears
    The Bears have caught a lot of breaks this season, but will have to earn their trip to the Super Bowl this week as a home dog.

Jets/Steelers
    The Jets are coming off of two playoff wins deemed "personal" by coach Rex Ryan.

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

These videos are AWESOME! I've looked forward to them every week for a few in a row now. I was glad to hear Scott talk more *numbers* as Zach always does. Those two provide a lot of valuable insight while John Ryan is LMFAO funny. Peter's facial expressions on the Jets/Steelers vid while John was talking were hysterical, lol.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Pitt-NY ......Why doesnt anyone mention the extra game that the Jets had to play? The New York Jets put forth such an effort. Coach Ryan is not banging the "us verses the world" drum as of yet. I can not foresee the Jets being as up for this game as the Pats.
    Pitt's secondary will give it the flexibility to crowd the line to stop the obvious rushing downs. The Jets may break one long rush, but there is little hope for the pounding ground game that SBR.TV espouses in this video.
    Pitt's rushing attack is IMO better than Indy's or the Pats. A better balanced offense is a good recipe for a spent New York Jets D. It is obvious where the play should lead. A road team that has played one extra game against a rested more balanced team. Take Pitt giving 3 1/2 points.

Question
    Does the "system" that the last commentator espouse figure in both regular season as well as playoffs?

Mr. Nicewood
    Mr. Nicewood's Avatar Become A Pro!

good stuff, as always

Mr. Nicewood
    Mr. Nicewood's Avatar Become A Pro!

and is it just me, or is peter nodding/shaking the entire time John talks?

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Good to see John Ryan on the Bears

But I wish he would have given us one of his rock solid system trends to consider, like

"NFC North Wildcard playoff teams that were 10-6 in the regular season, and won two road playoff games by an average of 14 points in games that went over the total, are 2-20 ATS in the NFC Championship game against teams that went 11-5 in the regular season and won their divisional playoff game by 11 points in a game that went over the total. This mean Bears are in a 90% winning scenario."
    Last edited by Sunde91; 01-19-11 at 11:44 PM.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

great show guys thanks

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    Good to see John Ryan on the Bears

But I wish he would have given us one of his rock solid system trends to consider, like

"NFC North Wildcard playoff teams that were 10-6 in the regular season, and won two road playoff games by an average of 14 points in games that went over the total, are 2-20 ATS in the NFC Championship game against teams that went 11-5 in the regular season and won their divisional playoff game by 11 points in a game that went over the total. This mean Bears are in a 90% winning scenario."
    Wait, I thought he DID do that?

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

Thank you, great insight

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

what was that stat that kellen said....fav's of 10 or < are 66-1 ats? wasnt clear to me

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Great Loshack video as usual. I worry that some of the analysis is based on systems (since the NFL changes from year to year mostly due to coaching and rule changes every season can be unique) but the insight these gentlemen provide is great for the average punter to understand the level of work that goes into a game.

Personally I have the Bears at +3.5 as my top game.

spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

sounds like they were mostly right again