Pharieswheel
    Pharieswheel's Avatar Become A Pro!

What athelete is the best beer guzzler??

Of all the pro sports atheletes you've heard of over the years, who guzzles beer better than anybody else.

Hotdiggity11
    Hotdiggity11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

Can Pro Wrestling count? Andre the Giant chugged down 119 12-ounce beers in 6 hours.

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would imagine it would have to be a 300+ lineman. They are paid to be fat yet mobile.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Does John Daly count as an 'athlete'?

madmaxx
    madmaxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Its either Daly or Chuck Barkley...no one else comes close

madmaxx

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    SCSA ruled

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

It has to be an Irish or German soccer player during Oktoberfest.

AMBlai01
    SBR Resident Drunk
    AMBlai01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2152

Joba Chamberlain is up there...remember him chugging the Jack Daniels after the Yankees clinched a couple years back?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

The one and only, David Boon.

http://sportzfun.com/contests/boonie.htm

VegasInsider
    Update your status

madmaxx

Amby are you as sad you missed the gamelive bash as I am?

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

former twins first baseman, kent hrbek

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68483

Mickey Mantle was no slouch.

Hotdiggity11
    Hotdiggity11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Mickey Mantle was no slouch.

Pete Best as well.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdiggity11 View Post
    Pete Best as well.
    I think you mean George Best.

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

RIP The "Shooter" Rod Beck

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11893

great story on boggs, credit to dodger33 for posting:

Quote Originally Posted by dodger33 View Post
    We've had a few questions come up about Boggs, and why we refer to tasty Miller Lites as Boggs. Well my friends, open your ears and I'll pour in a tale. I heard the legendary story over my car radio as I was heading down I-5 to work about a year ago, listening to Mitch in the Morning on 950 KJR, as usual. For some reason or another, Mitch was gone that day so Steve Sandmeyer was hosting the show, and former Mariners and Yankees pitcher Jeff Nelson was sitting in as his sidekick. Sandmeyer was killing some time by making small talk about baseball and about Nelly's career and exploits as a major leaguer. The conversation turned to some of the funniest things Nelly had seen in his career when Sandy asked something like "who was the best with the ladies out of everyone you were around in baseball?" Nelson said that it was tough to say for sure, but that he figured it was probably Andre Dawson, the former Expos, Cubs, Red Sox, and Marlins slugger. The two shared a laugh about the Hawk's game, and then Sandmeyer stumbled upon the most compelling question ever articulated in an interview: "who would you say drank the most beer out of everyone you ever played with?" The following colloquy sheds some light on one of drinking's biggest stars and on one of the greatest drinking feats of all time. Sandy: Who would you say drank the most beer out of everyone you ever played with? Nelson: Easy, Wade Boggs…..easy Sandy: (laughing) Really!? Wade Boggs? Nelson: Oh, yeah, without a doubt. I've never seen anyone drink as much beer as he did in my life: Sandy: (laughing) Get outta here, alright, give me an example, like how much did he drink? Nelson: Oh, I'd say, on a typical road trip, east coast to west coast [Nelly played with Boggs on the Yankees], say a road game to Seattle……Wade would drink anywhere between 50 and 60 beers. Sandy: NO WAY!! 50 or 60 beers. That is impossible. Nelson: No, I know…I know how crazy that sounds, and I wouldn't believe it myself unless I saw him do it…..numerous times. And he drank nothing but Miller Lite. Sandy: How in the hell did he have time to drink that many beers. For God's sake, how many times did he have to go to the bathroom? Nelson: I'm not kidding you Steve. Seriously. Wade was the kind of guy who was always the first one at the club house. So he'd get to the clubhouse, and he'd bring a six pack with him. He'd be there drinking a beer when someone showed up, and as we were all packing our stuff up out of our lockers and getting our bags ready for the trip, Wade would sit there and drink that whole six pack. Now, at the time, we were flying out of New Jersey, so it was somewhat of a drive from Yankee stadium to the airport in New Jersey. Wade would drink another couple of beers on the bus to the airport. At the time, we were flying this older airplane, it couldn't make it across the country without refueling, and it wasn't the fastest airplane in the sky. So we would stop in North Dakota or something. Wade would drink about a half rack between New Jersey and North Dakota, and it would take about a half-hour to an hour to refuel once we got there, so he'd have a few more beers while we were grounded in North Dakota. Once we got back up in the air, Wade would drink another 10, 11, 12 beers on the way out to the west coast. The whole flight from coast to coast ususally took us well over 7 hours. We'd touch down at Sea-Tac, hop on the bus headed to the Kingdome, and Wade would have another beer or two on the bus. Then, all of us would get to the Kingdome and unpack our bags and sit around and BS with eachother, and Wade would have a beer in his hand the entire time. He was always one of the last people to leave the club house too. So I'd say that all in all, he drank over 50 beers on the trip, and this wasn't just an isolated incident, he did that almost every time. Sandy: Unbelievable. That's absolutely unbelieveable. Nelson: Yeah, I know, I'm not kidding though, let's call up somebody and they'll tell you man, they'll tell you I'm not lying. Sandy: Alright, who should we call up. Let's take a commercial break, and then we'll call up somebody and see if we can't get to the bottom of this….This is absolutely amazing. [commercial break: When the commercial end, Paul Sorrento, a former Mariner and Devil Ray, and Boggs's and Nelly's former teammate, is on the phone] Nelly: Hey Paul, good to hear from you man, I haven't talked to you in a while. Sorrento: Yeah, what's it been like, two, three years? Nelly: Yeah. Hey, Paul, just to clarify now, I didn't speak to you over the commercial break, and I haven't talked to you about anything since we last talked a few years ago right? Sorrento: Yeah, right. Nelly: Alright Paul, we've been talking about Wade Boggs up here today in Seattle. Sorrento: (laughing) Yeah, ole Wade huh. Nelly: Yeah, alright Paul, I need you to answer one question for me, truthfully now….How many beers would Wade Boggs drink on an east coast to west coast road trip? Sorrento: Oh, jeez, (exhaling like a flat tire) I don't know, like 70. Nelly, Sandberg, Sorrento, Hank: (Rolling on the ground laughing) So there you have it, that's the wonderful tale of Wade Boggs' incredible drinking feats. So one day when a few of us at tasty booze were hanging around crushing some ice cold Miller Lites, and after I told them the story of Wade Boggs, we decided from then on that we would call a Miller Lite a Boggs in honor of the man who drank 'em the best.

ronaldo922
    ronaldo922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

andy roddick

ronaldo922
    ronaldo922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

lleyton hewitt

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Heath Bell

Vegas_bond
    Vegas_bond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10099

David Wells. Usually had a hangover when he pitched.

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

JEFF REED

Grux
    Grux's Avatar Become A Pro!

WOW. Wade Boggs could put away some suds.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10316

David Wells is a good one, Ill say Prince Fielder, beers help him for the 1000 pound squats he does, cheers Prince

tanner40
    tanner40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8060

Boggs by far. Then Daly, then Barkley

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ted Hendricks

elchampion33
    elchampion33's Avatar Become A Pro!

boggs and pat mcafee the punteEnter text here.r on the colts lol

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4985

I bet John Kruk downed a few in his time.

IrishTim
    IrishTim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Gotta be Daly

PingPong
    I need a job
    PingPong's Avatar Become A Pro!

boggs had like 64 beers on a 4 hr flight supposedly

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo922 View Post
    andy roddick
    This fukk should never leave his fukking house -- he should be in bed with Brooklyn Decker 24 hours a day, the lucky son of a bitch.

tcmoody99
    tcmoody99's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gilbert brown would easily win. He has a burger named after em

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I played in a group with Daly at Chickasaw CC in Memphis....he eased along for 18 holes and shot 70 in flip flops from the tips while drinking a 12 pack and taking about 2 seconds to line up shots/ putts....then it got really interesting. After going in the clubhouse and talking shit and drinking for an hour, we go back out for another 18. At this point he's not holding back. Beer a hole was the standard. By the time we reached #15 on the back, he had to go down on two knees to tee the ball because he was so ******* drunk that he would tip over if he just bent down. I'm guessing all told he was in for about 35 beers in 8 hours on the day...the last 18 he shoots 67. It was the greatest display I've ever seen by any athlete.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

KEVIN MILLAR!

12 Last