pozzy
    pozzy's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is no way dirty sanchez wins the superbowl.. Pittsburgs defense will create many turnovers..

geebert74
    geebert74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Hopefully this will not happen to us... I looking forward to seeing Cutler in action Sunday.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

I could have sworn he was american

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dont you mean a Hispanic QB?

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I wonder if Sanchez can speak fluent "Mexican"?

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    it's called hispanic. My grandmother was born in texas but she was of mexican descent.
    My great-grandmother was born in Mexico and then came to Texas. By today's definition, she was an illegal alien at the time and would've gone through a lot of hell with my great-grandfather trying to get her status changed when they married.

As for how many Mexicans won the NL Gold Glove at 1B from 1978-88, the answer is zero (0). Keith Hernandez, an American born in California, won it those 11 consecutive seasons. Despite the nickname 'Mex' that was hung on him early by those ignorant of geography as well as ancestry, Hernandez was of Spanish/Irish mix as far as his bloodlines went.

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    One.

Doug Williams.
    Wow! Is that it?!?!? Cunningham? No. McNair? No. McNabb? No. What about 20-30 years ago surely theres more than 1??!?

THoll702
    THoll702's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5448

Jim Plunkett was part american indian, not mexican.

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

Ines Sainz can win the superbowl

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

He was born in long beach, old Mexico...

Socrates
    Socrates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Plunkett was 8-2 in postseason play, but he never made a pro bowl. His career reminds me of Trent Dilfer.
    Clutch baby.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by riggs View Post
    Correction...

Indy offense: 4th in the NFL

NE offense: 1st in the NFL

NYJ defense: 3rd in the NFL

uh-oh
    But you are leaving out the fact that Indy, a passing team, chose to run the ball, have Manning attempt his lowest number of passes in a post season game ever and shorten the game. What do you think happens at the end of that game if Caldwell doesn't call a time out.

And New England has zero deep threat. Jets clogged the middle and took away the underneath stuff and Brady had no answer.

If Sanchez finishes with more than 150 passing yards this week I will be shocked.

You also are aware that New England outgained them 372-314 right?

Which is about right for their avg yardage given up per game on the road without Leonhard.

They ran for 169 on the Colts and 120 on the Pats. Do you think they will get 100 on the Steelers?

Finally, Colts gave up 341 per game this season, Jets got 353.

Pats gave up 366 per game and the Jets got 314.

So it is reasonable to assume they will come in near the Steelers avg YPG of 276, no?

richierich 1
    richierich 1's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you are born in america with 2 mexican parents that dont have greencards then you are not american.that was easy. Gl daddo! And no im not mexican but sure like mexican food, women tequilla,beer ,,,,,,,and aaaaaaa weed!j/k

El Stugoto
    Shot Caller
    El Stugoto's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's a spoiled rich american, like Rex Ryan.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

How many Jewish quarterbacks have won the SuperBowl?

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

If you're going to be technical about it then yes, someone would have to be a citizen of Mexico to be a Mexican. Sanchez is technically a Mexican-American. However, this is an informal message board, not a review for term papers. Stating that Sanchez is Mexican is taking liberties with the term (which should be allowed in general discussions such as this one).

jlgarciaiii22
    jlgarciaiii22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3722

Theres no possible way he could be MEXICAN, because he attened USC! They don't allow MEXICANS there...

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    If you're going to be technical about it then yes, someone would have to be a citizen of Mexico to be a Mexican. Sanchez is technically a Mexican-American. However, this is an informal message board, not a review for term papers. Stating that Sanchez is Mexican is taking liberties with the term (which should be allowed in general discussions such as this one).
    It's silly to claim he'd be the first Mexico to win the Super Bowl when he isn't even Mexican. That's the entire point here.

It'd be like saying Doug Williams was the first African QB to win the SB or something.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    It's silly to claim he'd be the first Mexico to win the Super Bowl when he isn't even Mexican. That's the entire point here.

It'd be like saying Doug Williams was the first African QB to win the SB or something.
    When he said Mexican he meant someone of Mexican descent. It's what he meant that counts.

That's why I said you don't have to get all technical about his wording. This is a casual forum. People are allowed to take liberties with what they say.

It's like sitting in a bar or someone's house watching the game. They're just shooting the shit. Don't expect every phrase to have to be technically accurate.

Are you going to start commenting on someone's spelling or grammar now?

asiangambler
    asiangambler's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is funny

yisman

When he said Mexican he meant someone of Mexican descent. It's what he meant that counts.
    That's debatable.

Are you going to start commenting on someone's spelling or grammar now?
    I don't correct people's spelling or grammar. There's a big difference between that and this.

In case you missed it, Dad claims Sanchez is Mexican, not Mexican-American, so your whole point is out the window. He meant what he wrote in the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Saying Mark Sanchez is not Mexican is like saying Oscar De La Hoya is not mexican.

That's why this thread is nearing 100 posts. If he simply said "of Mexican descent", hardly anyone would care.

BigMama
    BigMama's Avatar Become A Pro!

great day for all

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    In case you missed it, Dad claims Sanchez is Mexican, not Mexican-American, so your whole point is out the window. He meant what he wrote in the title.
    In case you missed it he claims later in the thread that Sanchez is Mexican American as well which supports my point that he was referring to his heritage, not the literal meaning of the word. It also nullifies your claim I quoted above.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by jlgarciaiii22 View Post
    Theres no possible way he could be MEXICAN, because he attened USC! They don't allow MEXICANS there...
    you would be surprised how many Latinos go to USC...

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

Yeah- government-subsidized scholarships.

jorge1
    OM
    jorge1's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol...guys, funny thread...

I think there are two ways to answer this Sanchez is mexican, no he is american, dilemma. Both perspectives are taken by different people in different ways...

first perspective - NO, he is NOT MEXICAN...by definition he is american...this is the answer you will find most americans, most objective americans, anyways, say.

but if u live in a place where there are alot of immigrants, be it mexicans, cubans, puerto ricans, etc. then you are a little more prone to falling into generalizing and using the ethnic and cultural terms loosely.

here in Miami, everyone (or mostly everybody), needs an identity, and ppl need to identify others. Here you are either WHITE, CUBAN, COLOMBIAN, VENEZUELAN, HAITIAN, or BLACK...or FROM NEW YORK! oh, yeah, OR NICARAGUAN...lol...

so, to me, SANCHEZ IS A DIRTY MEXICAN..lol...but technically he is american.

ALSO, whoever said that he went to USC raised a VALID POINT...that is no school for a MEXICAN! lol...just kiddin...this forum is for fun guys...

but the ACTUAL THING I WOULD CONSIDER IS - if he wins, would he be one of the only QBs of LATIN DESCENT to win a super bowl? because its true, i wouldnt say he is the first mexican, or second...i get why you wouldnt say that....although mexicans will be watching rootin for him and feelin proud LOL...my grandma might be as well jsut cuz the kid is latin!

yisman

In case you missed it he claims later in the thread that Sanchez is Mexican American as well which supports my point that he was referring to his heritage, not the literal meaning of the word. It also nullifies your claim I quoted above.
    Then he contradicted himself.

Either way, he did state multiple times that Sanchez is Mexican, which is the point here.

I don't correct grammar or spelling because there's no point.

Correcting factual errors, though, is different. There's a fallacy being perpetrated here.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by THoll702 View Post
    Jim Plunkett was part american indian, not mexican.
    Plunkett was of Mexican American parents. But Mexicans tend be of Native American heritage, it's not mutually exclusive.
    Points Awarded:

chico2663 gave slacker00 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

First 123