StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

so the guy who won the MoneyBall contest got 250 points instead of one thousand bucks

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Points don't have to be rolled over.

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida

and I was feeling bad cause I missed out on 200 bucks by depositing two days after first pick..they gave me 50 points as the rules clearly state

Our hero str got 250 points for week one I see. Not one thousand dollars

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Points don't have to be rolled over.
    they do when their neighbors turn them into free plays and free cash..@ da books

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

What a dick move to enter the contest and not be prize eligible this guy just fukked someone out of $1,000 for $50 worth of betpoints

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    What a dick move to enter the contest and not be prize eligible this guy just fukked someone out of $1,000 for $50 worth of betpoints
    actually it screws up the entire ladder of winners. Its all good and everyman for himself. But would be cool to see a contest one day where only depositors can be eligible. All the points ghost just water the hell out of every cash contest now

I aint bashing no one. I did not have any money to play in beat the prick this year and I woulda won some nice cash several weeks. Instead I got points and it stung deep within

I just didnt have the flow to budget in that book deposit and it was a dumb move on my part sending all my deposits to the 5 and dime shop but I love all those gamling options and the ability to buy the shit out of points in parlays ya dig?

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68471

Quote Originally Posted by StraitShooter View Post
    actually it screws up the entire ladder of winners. Its all good and everyman for himself. But would be cool to see a contest one day where only depositors can be eligible. All the points ghost just water the hell out of every cash contest now

I aint bashing no one. I did not have any money to play in beat the prick this year and I woulda won some nice cash several weeks. Instead I got points and it stung deep within

I just didnt have the flow to budget in that book deposit and it was a dumb move on my part sending all my deposits to the 5 and dime shop but I love all those gamling options and the ability to buy the shit out of points in parlays ya dig?
    In reading the rules the first time prior to the contest starting ,I ,in my haste,thought that a 200.00 + balance was sufficient.Mine was well over that. It consisted of BTP winnings ,free play winnings,and cash,but not enough cash.
    After going 2-0 in the contest,I read the rules again and realized I might not be cash prize eligible,so I contacted DSI and discussed it with them.Once I was sure I was not, I did the 200 for 200 and 50 free on the Super bowl option.That makes me eligible for the future.
    Did I know I was going to go 7-0 the first week? No.I was 2-0 at the time.
    I am expected to disqualify myself and am a dick according to Sharpcat because I participated?
    I will let you,him or anyone else decide that for yourselves.But lets be clear. If I am a dick for that ,anyone that has ever taken the points option in any contest, is also one.
    The way I see it,the dick, is indeed the person that thinks everyone else should do whatever best serves that person instead of what best serves them.
    I never have logged in on this sight wanting to argue and will not start here.I have always tried to be kind,helpful,respectful,and friendly whenever possible.
    Lastly, I had a lot going on personally between sign up and the start of the tournament.Not that it is anyone's business but apparently,now it is.I sure wish that I had had the time and the mindset to carefully read all of the requirements. The free play money would have been great.But all that does is fuel my enthusiasm to win again.And while that is not likely,I will have fun trying.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    In reading the rules the first time prior to the contest starting ,I ,in my haste,thought that a 200.00 + balance was sufficient.Mine was well over that. It consisted of BTP winnings ,free play winnings,and cash,but not enough cash.
    After going 2-0 in the contest,I read the rules again and realized I might not be cash prize eligible,so I contacted DSI and discussed it with them.Once I was sure I was not, I did the 200 for 200 and 50 free on the Super bowl option.That makes me eligible for the future.
    I am expected to disqualify myself and am a dick according to Sharpcat because I participated?
    I will let you,him or anyone else decide that for yourselves.But lets be clear. If I am a dick for that ,anyone that has ever taken the points option in any contest, is also one.
    The way I see it,the dick, is indeed the person that thinks everyone else should do whatever best serves that person instead of what best serves them.
    I never have logged in on this sight wanting to argue and will not start here.I have always tried to be kind,helpful,respectful,and friendly whenever possible.
    Lastly, I had a lot going on personally between sign up and the start of the tournament.Not that it is anyone's business but apparently,now it is.I sure wish that I had had the time and the mindset to carefully read all of the requirements. The free play money would have been great.But all that does is fuel my enthusiasm to win again.And while that is not likely,I will have fun trying.
    thats a good point u will be eligible for the overall prize so why not keep picking your games. You are a rare case however. Alot of freeloaders and ghosts in these contests. I think that we need to have some contests strictly for people who post up though.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

The reason no deposit is required to enter the contests is so that the prizes are watered down. I don't think a book wants to be giving $10,000 free cash every week. It was like this on BTP when the prizes were always watered down.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: nosniboR11

treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

dsi loves this. it saves them a dime. i thought it was a buck a point. like you win $50 you get 50 points. was the case in previous contests.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

You are not a dick,you did nothing wrong and you defended your position with nothing but class.

Good post.

Although i have not interacted with StraightShooter recently, when i did in the past he always contucted himself with integrity and comes across as a decent guy.

I believe his beef is with the system not you,Sharpcat on the other hand.......

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    agree

the only thing wrong with these nice contests is allowing those to enter and mess up the actual people that support the books

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    agree

the only thing wrong with these nice contests is allowing those to enter and mess up the actual people that support the books
    Obviously, you did not read my response.

BigDaddy

Obviously, you did not read my response.
    i did

i should have clarified i am not talking about you i am talking about others that i'm sure will take points instead

it will happen

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey no offense mistakes happen and I am glad to see that you are actually a contributor to the site and to the books who sponsor this site, you are clearly not one of the dead beat freeloaders.

But honestly you did kind of fuk somebody out of $1,000 here, or maybe not I guess SBR John is the winner of the grand prize this week.

aca
    aca's Avatar Become A Pro!

because place is full of ghosts!

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm in this for points. After trying to deposit via CC with DSI for like a week straight I gave up. I'm not going to ** 50 bucks over to their shop that probably have some fees associated with it. Now they won't stop cold calling me about deposits. I just randomly click boxes on the first day anyway so I'm not really gonna win anything. Just something to pass the time until bases start back up.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

i did

i should have clarified i am not talking about you i am talking about others that i'm sure will take points instead

it will happen
    Thank you.
    Understood.

beanbag
    cracker ass fantastic
    beanbag's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

this is hilarious!! haha wish you guys could have got the 1000

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by treece View Post
    dsi loves this. it saves them a dime. i thought it was a buck a point. like you win $50 you get 50 points. was the case in previous contests.
    It was for BTP, but they changed it for Moneyball to 25%.

BigDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by Ninersnut View Post
    I'm in this for points. After trying to deposit via CC with DSI for like a week straight I gave up. I'm not going to ** 50 bucks over to their shop that probably have some fees associated with it. Now they won't stop cold calling me about deposits. I just randomly click boxes on the first day anyway so I'm not really gonna win anything. Just something to pass the time until bases start back up.

$59 would get you qualified for cash prizes

so it costs you $9 to enter a contest to win some serious cash

meanwhile you will just screw a depositing player out of real money

nice

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

I have no problem with people accepting points. Sure it waters down the prize pool, but that is for DSI and SBR to fix, not the person winning points.

But DSI and SBR don't want the system fixed. They love saying $5k given away weekly, but in reality how much are they giving, $1400 at most? 2 separate contests are needed for depositors and non depositors. It makes perfect sense except for their marketing ploy.

BigDaddy

not true rudy

dsi held a nice bowl contest and had 2 prize fields

1 for depositing players and 1 for free loaders

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

$59 would get you qualified for cash prizes so it costs you $9 to enter a contest to win some serious cash meanwhile you will just screw a depositing player out of real money nice
    It's just ridiculous because I know they accept CC's. So if they don't want to take my money they don't have 2. Points for this guy. Until I don't have to jump through hoops the money will go to Dimes or their other site BM.

RudyRuetigger

not true rudy

dsi held a nice bowl contest and had 2 prize fields

1 for depositing players and 1 for free loaders
    whats not true? i know dsi had 2 separate contests for the bowls but thats not associated with sbr. we told them to fix it for btp and they didnt. we told them to fix it for future contests and they didnt. i hate to say it, but pavy is spot on here. they want to say "$5,000 weekly" but we all know its much less. it makes no sense to keep it as 1 contest other than as a marketing ploy. And therefore i dont see how you can blame the freeloaders, its the way the contest is set up.... that is the problem.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Watering down of prizes is figured in the promo. Instead of $10,000 every week watered down they could make the prizes $5,000 with no watering down. In this way everyone can play. The geniuses that are behind these contests know what they are doing. Just don't complain about free points or free cash. A couple years ago before prizes and points we were doing contests for bragging rights and a $25 freeplay.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 01-18-11 at 01:22 PM.

RudyRuetigger

my point is, there is no reason to bitch about people who are only playing for points. its sbr and dsi's set up to make it that way. it could be corrected but they choose not to.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

We were spoiled early. We need to remember how fortunate we are to even be in a position to win anything. Remember, this is a one of a kind forum that gives back to its members for nothing more than membership. We all knew SBR would tweak their offerings to best suit their needs and the needs of the books. This shouldn't come as any surprise and more importantly, this should not be all that upsetting. Let's just be thankful we've found this place and more importantly, that we've found each other.

Thank you, SBR.

God bless.