whistler16
    whistler16's Avatar Become A Pro!

Asking for feedback time/cost analysis

Hi,

I am in the process of developing software that takes real time lines from the major sports, does no Vig comparisons of pinny VS the rest, auto searches for arbs and wong teasers, looks for derivatives etc. I am not a sportsbettor, but I do like to write software, would this be useful for your average 500$ unit sports bettor? Could I make this web based, and charge a fee? I will also be coding in functions from the spread sheet found on SBR among other functions to automatically search for +EV bets and tracking line opening/closing's etc, this will all be searchable, and provide an API (along with instructions and tutorials on how to use them).

Would this be beneficial to the community? Could I charge a subscription like donbest does (not 500$/mo); but maybe 250$. Should I limit the number of subscribers etc? any advice or suggestions?

whistler16

If anyone wants to PM me w/ further questions, also, feel free to do so

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

It's been done before. Most of the books that offer routine arbs will cut your limits.

If you add in Vegas books, there is a lot more long-term arbing available, but even then your beards will get tossed. I don't think the arb market could comfortably feed 100 $500 bettors (at least not the stuff I routinely see). I'm not a professional arber either though.

whistler16

It would be more then arbing though, that would only be one facet of it, you would be able to compare Pinnacle no vig lines VS 20-30 other sports books, wong teasers, look for 1st/2nd half derivatives, and have access to opening/closing lines etc in an easy searchable format that you can use to do your own analysis. I know there are people who have developed their own software to do this stuff who make a lot of money, but has there been anyone to release it into teh wild? And ya, thats why I came up w/ the limit aspect, at some point the market will correct itself, and some of the +EV bets will disappear making the service less valuable (or maybe not if you can bet both sides etc); I wont be doing any betting myself, I will just be providing the software to a group of people who are free to do with it as they please.

xyz
    xyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3251

Your business model will not scale. You are better off betting those +EV opportunities yourself in the long run.