dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

National geographic--hooked on marijuana

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC has just aired the above show. Very recent scientific data explaining the exact physical process and possible consequences of using this drug.. I was fairly convinced that this drug was relatively safe and benign. I have argued this for decades using the knowledge of the day. However, when new knowledge contradicts your beliefs you should reevaluate your thinking.

This show will be broadcast one more time on Jan 23rd I think you should watch/record it. I am quite sure most of you will learn something new. I certainly did. Fascinating stuff, including the exact way this drug works on the brain, why it works, and how another chemical in the drug can either accentuate the high or mellow it. How the scores of new genetically engineered marijuana differ and other such interesting facts.

I was very impressed.
    Last edited by dante1; 01-17-11 at 10:59 AM.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Did they also explain cannabanoids and how your body naturally produces them?

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    Did they also explain cannabanoids and how your body naturally produces them?

Yes, they did and they explained how this brain chemical helps level mood and it also help produce a natural high. They went on to explain that sometimes with heavy use of marijuana the brain may stop producing or produce less which may cause the user to smoke even more.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

THC, as with any chemical, can have very bad results for some people. Others may not have a problem. When compared to alcohol and tobacco I would think it is rather safe.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Now only if the DEA had a cable they could actually learn something...

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

its a fukin drug, keep it that way, and yes u can be hooked on it.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    THC, as with any chemical, can have very bad results for some people. Others may not have a problem. When compared to alcohol and tobacco I would think it is rather safe.

I suggest you watch the show, not only THC involved but another active drug that is very important in determining the type of high. I still think it is relatively safe but I discovered some very interesting new facts about this drug.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    its a fukin drug, keep it that way, and yes u can be hooked on it.

according to the show some do about 1 in 11.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    I had a friend lose it from smoking. The weird thing was, that shooter in AZ had similar experiences from what I was reading. Both thought the TV was talking to them. Paranoid phones calls to friends at 4 am. It was nuts.

onetrickpony

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    I had a friend lose it from smoking. The weird thing was, that shooter in AZ had similar experiences from what I was reading. Both thought the TV was talking to them. Paranoid phones calls to friends at 4 am. It was nuts.
    they fuked with his weed then, i have bought windexed weed, not good

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Like anything simply using it is ok but abusing it is where troubles begin. I mean look at food and the number of mordibly obese we have in society today. An example of what happens when ppl want too much of a good thing...GL

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

From the show: This drug has many active components THC being the main one, however they mentioned another which is a resin and its combination with THC is very important. If this resin is small in proportion to THC the user will normally have a paranoid experience. They experimented with a subject on the show. She first smoked with a normal balance between these two chemicals and she had a normal high. However when she smoked the weed that contained less of this resin she experienced paranoid thoughts.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

lol if anyone thinks it okay to smoke weed.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

weed is bad

coke is much safer and better for your well being

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    weed is bad coke is much safer and better for your well being
    Studies have shown time and tiime again that long term weed use does less harm to your brain than any 'hard' drug, inc cigarettes and alcohol...Make excessive alcohol consumption illegal, that way i know i can go out to a bar without fear of being glassed by some parro fu**tard....

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Studies have shown time and tiime again that long term weed use does less harm to your brain than any 'hard' drug, inc cigarettes and alcohol...Make excessive alcohol consumption illegal, that way i know i can go out to a bar without fear of being glassed by some parro fu**tard....

The findings did not crucify the smoker nor did they conclude that it is a very dangerous drug. It definitely has some problems but they also talked about the positive side of marijuana. It will cause temporary memory impairment that is for sure, but along with this it will also allow the user to experience a more creative thought process during the high. They did a memory experiment and a creative experiment on the show and this was very easily seen.

You should watch this show if you smoke

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    The findings did not crucify the smoker nor did they conclude that it is a very dangerous drug. It definitely has some problems but they also talked about the positive side of marijuana. It will cause temporary memory impairment that is for sure, but along with this it will also allow the user to experience a more creative thought process during the high. They did a memory experiment and a creative experiment on the show and this was very easily seen. You should watch this show if you smoke
    I have no doubt that smoking impacts on short term memory whatsoever. You seem pretty objective in ur analysis so i think il have to watch the 60mins piece you speak of as it definitely sounds informative

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

I have no doubt that smoking impacts on short term memory whatsoever. You seem pretty objective in ur analysis so i think il have to watch the 60mins piece you speak of as it definitely sounds informative

Good, I am positive you will like it.

Also, they said that the short term memory loss is temporary and your normal brain function will return. I don't smoke often, in fact very seldom any more. The very first time I did I had a very paranoid experience. That was frightening and I was reluctant to try it again. However every time since then has been enjoyable and relaxing and definitely contributes to an enhanced sexual experience for you and your partner.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Many marijuana users are now using something called a vaporizer, I believe. It heats the marijuana to a non combustible state and allows the user to inhale. They also spoke about eating the stuff, usually in a cookie or some type of pastry. You dissolve the weed in hot butter which you then use in the baking process. They explained that since this method travels through the digestive system it takes much longer to get high. Smoking is almost instant but eating takes a half hour or so. This could cause problems because the inexperienced user might think nothing is happening and over eat. Then when it hits it can be memorable to say the least. A smoking high averages 2 hours or less, but eating it will give a much longer high. It could be longer than 6 hours. That is something I would not want to experience.

onetrickpony

Many marijuana users are now using something called a vaporizer, I believe. It heats the marijuana to a non combustible state and allows the user to inhale. They also spoke about eating the stuff, usually in a cookie or some type of pastry. You dissolve the weed in hot butter which you then use in the baking process. They explained that since this method travels through the digestive system it takes much longer to get high. Smoking is almost instant but eating takes a half hour or so. This could cause problems because the inexperienced user might think nothing is happening and over eat. Then when it hits it can be memorable to say the least. A smoking high averages 2 hours or less, but eating it will give a much longer high. It could be longer than 6 hours. That is something I would not want to experience.
    its not that much different then smoking it once ur used to it

Boxer300
    Boxer300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

I heard the AZ shooter smoked that K2 stuff. Whatever the stuff is called that is still legal in a lot of states.

Mini19
    Mini19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer300 View Post
    I heard the AZ shooter smoked that K2 stuff. Whatever the stuff is called that is still legal in a lot of states.
    I heard bout that K2 stuff as well.. Supposivly ppl call it "legal weed" cuz it gets you high but I heard it's terrible for you

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC has just aired the above show. Very recent scientific data explaining the exact physical process and possible consequences of using this drug.. I was fairly convinced that this drug was relatively safe and benign. I have argued this for decades using the knowledge of the day. However, when new knowledge contradicts your beliefs you should reevaluate your thinking.

This show will be broadcast one more time on Jan 23rd I think you should watch/record it. I am quite sure most of you will learn something new. I certainly did. Fascinating stuff, including the exact way this drug works on the brain, why it works, and how another chemical in the drug can either accentuate the high or mellow it. How the scores of new genetically engineered marijuana differ and other such interesting facts.

I was very impressed.
    Thanks for the heads up, I will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer300 View Post
    If it is legal then it is probably crappy. My experience with legal highs weren't good. If anyone is trying to draw a correlation between smoking K2 and the shooting then that is sad.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

ACoochy, hey you wont find it on 60 mins. It is broadcast on National Geographic.
    Next Sunday in the morning I believe.

Vegas_bond
    Vegas_bond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10099

I was very impressed.
    How many people die each year because of the use of Mariguana ?

How many die because of alcohol or tobacco?

The answers to these questions would really impress you.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

I think none on weed? Not sure, but I think I heard that. But, I do believe that long term smoking can cause serious lung problems.

Alcohol and tobacco many thousands maybe hundreds of thousands.

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    I just smoked some, LOL right now....

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

I think none on weed? Not sure, but I think I heard that. But, I do believe that long term smoking can cause serious lung problems.

Alcohol and tobacco many thousands maybe hundreds of thousands.
    It causes problems.

Lung Health

Cannabis smoke, like all types of inhaled smoke, may have both short- and long-term effects on the user's lung health. Smoking cannabis can lead to respiratory irritation, including pain or inflammation in the lungs, throat and mouth. Long-term use of cannabis may make these problems more severe, and in some cases irreversible. Regular cannabis smokers exhibit the same lung damage seen in regular cigarette smokers. Additionally, long-term exposure to cannabis smoke may increase the individual's susceptibility to lung cancer. Because cannabis smokers tend to hold the smoke in their lungs for prolonged periods before exhaling, the lungs receive a greater exposure to carcinogens per inhalation, compared with cigarette smokers.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

PUT UR WEED UP...PUT UR WEEED UP!

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

I suggest you watch the show, not only THC involved but another active drug that is very important in determining the type of high. I still think it is relatively safe but I discovered some very interesting new facts about this drug.
    Thanks. I think I'll watch it. I'm interested in stuff like this.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I am watching the National Geographic - Hooked on Marijuana , A1 Yola and E.
    Last edited by flyingillini; 01-17-11 at 11:36 PM.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10440

good info

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_bond View Post

How many people die each year because of the use of Mariguana ?

How many die because of alcohol or tobacco?

The answers to these questions would really impress you.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    Is it ok to drink?

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4907

Smoking right now actually . Alcohol is much more worse than weed is. Weed calms you down, alcohol can make you angry or wanna fight everyone. Driving drunk is definitely not good, when I'm stoned I can still drive.

12 Last