awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Coach K says ACC is superior to Big East....

Then he sites history as a reason for this superiority....Cmon what a freaking joke...We are looking at this year bud and to the future..Yeah you got more national titles (in the past)...but the ACC's raping of the Big East by taking Miami, BC, and VT for football did nothing but spawn the 16 team super basketball conference that is today's Big East...Only two or three questionable programs in the BE same as that in the ACC with only 12 teams....Bitter old man pissed that we are slowly eating up his recruits as players see that the Big East is the best stepping stone to the NBA in college basketball...

Hope a Big East team puts him out of the tournament again this year...

Okay.....I may be slightly biased here but seriously

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

say what you want but ACC has 3 of the top 5 team in the polls

unde0087
    Did we win?

I will bet you that Duke beats down Gtown tomorrow

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

ACC is better 3 of the top 4 teams and Clemson undefeated as well

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25

Not that it matters but which poll are you looking at?

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    ACC is better 3 of the top 4 teams and Clemson undefeated as well

I agree, UNC, Wake, Duke, Clemson all very strong. Big East is still a great conference but I don't think they are so much better as other may believe. UNC destroyed ND and Duke will have their chance to add to the ACC's case tomorrow.

awhitejackson

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    I will bet you that Duke beats down Gtown tomorrow
    I probably will put a good amount on Duke -8.5 tommorow against Gtown... I know there are arguments for both sides. UNC is a dominant force and Duke is absolutely incredible at home....Wake is doing awesome with young talent...I just think that "top to bottom" the BE has stronger parity at the same level of play and is the superior conference, and when a famed coach goes out of his way to argue simple points about whose better it possibly shows that he is seeing this as well...

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by Shortstop View Post
    Not that it matters but which poll are you looking at?

The AP poll, the one that matters, if you go by the coaches poll UNC is #6 not 5, but even then they would still have 3 of the top 6.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I guess they had 2-4 on last weeks poll, have not even seen this weeks one, but talent wise Carolina has to be top 4.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by awhitejackson View Post
    I probably will put a good amount on Duke -8.5 tommorow against Gtown... I know there are arguments for both sides. UNC is a dominant force and Duke is absolutely incredible at home....Wake is doing awesome with young talent...I just think that "top to bottom" the BE has stronger parity at the same level of play and is the superior conference, and when a famed coach goes out of his way to argue simple points about whose better it possibly shows that he is seeing this as well...
    Big East is a deep conference but ACC has depth as well. I don't go out of my way to bad mouth Big East because I like that conference as well but I have to stick up for the ACC when people come on here and act like ACC is the little step child compared to the Big East because it just isn't true. They both are great conferences, coach K is just getting sick of all the Big East talk as well but he knows his team can do some damage to Big East rep again tomorrow as yet another supposed top Big East school could go down at the hands of the ACC.

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    UNC destroyed ND

UNC did not "destroy" ND. The game was played in Hawaii before Thanksgiving. Neither team was playing at "peak performance" Harangody was sick as hell and Carolina had to hold on to the lead at the end.

unde0087
    Did we win?

UNC did not "destroy" ND. The game was played in Hawaii before Thanksgiving. Neither team was playing at "peak performance" Harangody was sick as hell and Carolina had to hold on to the lead at the end.
    you must not have watched the game. UNC was up 20+ the whole game until McAlarney hit 9 threes to end the game to cut it to 15. I have heard the excuses before, Harangody was not at full strength, UNC had injuries as well with Tyler was not 100%, and 3 other starters and key players out. Whatever you want to tell yourself though.

Had to hold on to the lead? What game were you watching, I don't remember that game ever being in jeopardy, you have to get the score inside double digits to be a close game.
    Last edited by unde0087; 01-17-09 at 01:57 AM.

awhitejackson

Okay the little smiley guy rolling and laughing I put up there might be a little overkill...I totally agree that both conferences are the elites of college basketball...There is definitly some bad blood between these conferences due to the football deal of years back and because the BE has been challenging the ACC's decades long dominance in basketball as of late...I still think the ball is rolling in our favor, especially this year where at one point half of the teams in this the biggest conference were in the top 25....

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25

"Lead" in regard to spread, I should have been more clear. Sometimes I forget this is a gambling forum. I had ND involved in a teaser that night. Please forgive me.

unde0087
    Did we win?

"Lead" in regard to spread, I should have been more clear. Sometimes I forget this is a gambling forum. I had ND involved in a teaser that night. Please forgive me.

That is fine, just wondering what you were talking about because that game was never close.

Well, Big East has another chance to step up in the spot light and show they are better tomorrow, hopefully they handle it a bit better than the first showdown.

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25

The dust will settle during the NCAA Tourney. IMO the Final 4 will consist of only Big East and ACC.

jeffbuff73
    jeffbuff73's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gtown will cover today. 9 points is way to much espicially what I saw them do against Syracuse who is a very good team this year. Duke has not impressed me this year, wins against piss poor teams and struggling against them. RI almost beat them at their home court!!! Gtown has potential to win this game outright and is getting better every game. I think you need to watch them because if you saw the same Gtown the past few games they played you would say 9 points is to much. GL fellas......

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

The ACC has three great teams, the Big East has at least 10 teams that probably deserve to go to the NCAA Tournament. So in a nutshell, the ACC top three may all be better, but the Big East is much deeper.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Decline of Duke was they started recruiting to many light blacks and white kids

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is a lot of shit in the Big East like St Johns, South Florida, Seton Hall, Depaul, RUTGERS.

Pretty much outside of Virginia, every program is a major one in the ACC.

I vote for ACC.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Big East is better and it's not close.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    Big East is better and it's not close.

you sir are so misinformed it is funny, well after today ACC will have kicked the shit out of 2 top Big East teams

Big East might be deeper but ACC has the better top 4, College Gameday agrees and so do the Polls
    Last edited by unde0087; 01-17-09 at 11:01 AM.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

They have the best 3, I'm not sold on Clemson yet. When UL and UConn get rolling, the Big East will have the better top 4. As gamblers, we should know more than the idiots at Gameday and the pollsters as well

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

every yr the acc is better
    except maybe last yr
    but they are better this yr
    none of the big east teams will be in the final four, or maybe even the elite 8

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Ryan I'd love to bet that action...no teams in final 4 or elite 8

we'll get nicky to give us some odds

khaliagent
    khaliagent's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    The ACC has three great teams, the Big East has at least 10 teams that probably deserve to go to the NCAA Tournament. So in a nutshell, the ACC top three may all be better, but the Big East is much deeper.
    I think this is true which really does make the big east better overall

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

LT's post is what I was going to post before I saw he posted it. Big East is deeper, don't be a fool and believe otherwise. Also, no Elite 8 teams?

ryanXL977

maybe 1 , 2 max elite 8

what were the total last yr? yr before?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

I got to go to the office, i'll post later

I agree though RY, I think the big east teams are not built for tourney play...and they beat each other up in conference play... you don't have to look any further then pitt to see a team that hasn't been able to make tourney runs despite having a good year.

often they lack that ONE go to guy like syracuse had in carmelo..... Pitt has alot of solid b-ball players taht buy into a system... this year though I think that changes...

be back later, gotta run to the office

unde0087
    Did we win?

Powell, I agree 100%, but top 4, Clemson will bring down Wake Forest today and then you will have to believe, Big East is deeper but if you are talking top 4, no one matches the ACC

ryanXL977

how does clem beating wake disqualifiy anyone? how does gtown whipping cuse not disqualify cuse, using that logic? you can use interconference games for comparisons but not intra, thats not a good way to compare

unde0087
    Did we win?

ryan, you don't know what I am talking about, I am an ACC guy but me and Powell have had this conversation for months, I am not disqualifying anyone, he was saying that he wasn't sold on Clemson, I just said that when Clemson beats Wake Forest today then he will have no choice but to recognize Clemson as a power. I understand what he is saying, even though I think they are for real, they have completely folded the last couple of years after starting undefeated.

by the way, **** the phils

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

BE is the one and done conference.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Gtown in trouble

123 Last