Casperwaits
    West Side Story
    Casperwaits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Why Do So Many Posters Want Others To Fail?

I read a lot of threads on here and it just seems like a large percentage of posters are more interested in slamming and demeaning others than wishing them well. Somebody on here wants to move to Vegas, and half the comments are "You fail, big mistake". Does jealousy and anger at people trying something different cause this response. I know I will get replies slamming me and saying dumb stuff, but I don't care. I'll contimnue to take the high road, and HOPE that more of us can support our fellow posters instead of slamming their decisions.
    Points Awarded:

Austin103 gave Casperwaits 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mattmc419

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Lot of people fail at life, some take it out on themselves and some take it out on others, just how it works.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-21-16 at 02:01 PM. Reason: image does not exist

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

some diserve it

LVBOUND
    Living the DREAM!!
    LVBOUND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 119

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    some diserve it
    I am not going to say a thing. However you left yourself wide open with that comment.

Austin103
    Austin103's Avatar Become A Pro!

Left you 5 points, good post.

CanuckG

Quote Originally Posted by LVBOUND View Post
    I am not going to say a thing. However you left yourself wide open with that comment.
    Im waiting

Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Haters gonna hate

Casperwaits
    West Side Story

Thanks Austin. I appreciate it.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Im waiting
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod1010 View Post
    Haters gonna hate
    Rodney....Rodney.....Rodney!

Now you're simply trying to provoke us!!!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

DevilCheese
    DevilCheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4971

people who fail want to see others fail, makes them feel better about themselves

CanuckG

opie i dont know about you but for all we know you're rod you dumb ass

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

its called human nature.. its not just us gamblers.

its the same reason why a winning pick thread will have 20 replies and a losing one will have 100

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    Disagree, some people genuinely congratulate someone while some people get jealous and angry. Just happens to be more of the ladder in the world.

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

Entertainment I suppose. Although some may take it too serious on both sides "basher and bashee". That's their problem though. Internet fuks with some peoples heads too much.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

ironic coming from someone who regularly roots against mark sanchez, hoping he'll fail.

and just mocked a sanchez fan who was killed.

hypocrite much?

Casperwaits
    West Side Story

LMAO, my post is nowhere near irony. look up the word please. Second off, how is my comment about a drunk Jets fans dying, an invite to wanting him to fail? As far as rooting AGAINST someone, I am rooting FOR someone in that same instance. You must subscribe to the theory that when little kids play little league they should ALL get trophies, win or lose. I promised myself I would not inflame nonsensical posts with rhetoric so I will not. I will say that if you want to have a spirited debate about MY comments, please have a better argument next time crustyme. Thank you.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

When someone posts a thread about an upcoming career changing move he is doing it to get a reaction from posters both positive and negative. If he didn't care about poster's opinions he could have made a post a few weeks after he moved to Vegas telling us what happened and no one would have slammed him negatively.

Casperwaits
    West Side Story

Pavy, I hear what you are saying to a point. Some people do ask that question to be assured that their idea isn't crazy. I don't think they are seeking negative feedback as much as they are seeking critical feedback. I believe their is a difference.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

I am here to help myself and am constantly helping others. I slam no one except Paco even though I hate quite a few. I wish we all could work together to reach the goal that we expect. Is it a problem of believing for others? I have a very high goal set which takes alot of hard work leaving no time for nonsense.

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Casper, my thinking is that the people who put others down were abused as children, and that they are only continueing their learned behavior. I try to keep life simple, more pleasant by only fukking with those that fukk with me first, and even then I am learning that the losers and abusers are not worth my time or energy.

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

because the majority of gamblers are complete douchebags and/or it's because the guy deserved it because he created a thread like "New England patriots moneyline is good as GOLD"

On a side note, didn't feel it was necessary to waste a thread for this, but does anyone have a TD bank account. I opened up one about a month ago and finally setup the online banking. I deposited a couple of hundred dollars and want to take some money out, but only have like $200 available from my first deposit while the money I deposited last weekend is still listed as "pending transaction", but the total amount of the available $ and pending $ are both listed as "available" in the total column. Am I allowed to withdraw over 200, or I can't touch the pending yet until it clears. I call customer service and the lady didn't seem to even understand what I was talking about and after like 5 minutes of explaining it to her and another 5 minutes of her "looking up the problem", she tells me whatever is available is what you can withdraw , but then I tell her there are ******* 2 available columns, which one is it, and then she says I can withdraw from the total amount..............I don't want any overdraft fees or whatever fees they'll hit me with for withdrawing money that isn't technically mine. Anyone have any experience with this?

Casperwaits
    West Side Story

Nyed,I am going under the assumption that TD Bank works like others. I would only take out what is available minus what is pending. Just saves you the worry of overdrafts. I hope that helps. I also hope I read your question right.

nyed1010

ya I'll probably just play it safe and just wait until it clears, I just wanted to get some money out before I head back to school cause there's only like 2 branches in the city I go to school in and neither is nowhere near my school, while I have multiple td bank branches near my house.
    Ya I think you read it correctly, just to clarify, the online statement looks something like this:
    available balance: $200 Pending transactions(or deposits, can't remember) $300

Then the last column says like total available: $500.
    It just seems shady to do that as it makes it look like the $500 is in my account and available to use.
    Last edited by nyed1010; 01-18-11 at 09:35 AM.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10662

It seems that there are more negative people in this world then positive.

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

You know I never understood it also, We are here to beat the books not ourselves.power in numbers is what they say we should be killing.........

nyed1010

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post

its the same reason why a winning pick thread will have 20 replies and a losing one will have 100
    There's certainly some truth to it being human nature. I mean the ultimate goal of every individual organism is to pass on their genes and we are in constant competition with other members of our species. There's certainly that competitive spirit in everyone and it certainly shows in these threads where people love seeing other people fail.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by Casperwaits View Post
    LMAO, my post is nowhere near irony. look up the word please. Second off, how is my comment about a drunk Jets fans dying, an invite to wanting him to fail? As far as rooting AGAINST someone, I am rooting FOR someone in that same instance. You must subscribe to the theory that when little kids play little league they should ALL get trophies, win or lose. I promised myself I would not inflame nonsensical posts with rhetoric so I will not. I will say that if you want to have a spirited debate about MY comments, please have a better argument next time crustyme. Thank you.

so rooting against an anonymous poster (who may or may not be telling the whole truth) is immoral and rooted in anger and jealousy but doing it to pro athletes isnt? what if they arent rooting against him but rooting FOR vegas? then they are as moral as you.

if that fan were wearing a brady jersey would you have made the same vile comment? or do you only take the high road when it isnt someone you hate and their fans?

this entire thread's soaked in irony and hypocracy. but im not surprised because i often see that with people that brag about how morally superior they are to everyone. you are in great company with bob livingston, newt gingrich, rush limbaugh and john edwards.

rethorb
    rethorb's Avatar Become A Pro!

Peoples nature

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Human nature. Those who lead sad, miserable lives typically don't enjoy when others are successful.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MadTiger

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Some people just can't stand winners sometimes, I guess.

Casperwaits
    West Side Story

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    so rooting against an anonymous poster (who may or may not be telling the whole truth) is immoral and rooted in anger and jealousy but doing it to pro athletes isnt? what if they arent rooting against him but rooting FOR vegas? then they are as moral as you. if that fan were wearing a brady jersey would you have made the same vile comment? or do you only take the high road when it isnt someone you hate and their fans? this entire thread's soaked in irony and hypocracy. but im not surprised because i often see that with people that brag about how morally superior they are to everyone. you are in great company with bob livingston, newt gingrich, rush limbaugh and john edwards.
    I am doing my best not to say something juvenile and witty, but you are making it hard. Why would somebody root FOR Vegas..LMAO!! Not only that, even if somebody did, you comment doesn't make any sense!!! If you were rooting for the city of Vegas over somebody that wants to move to Vegas, you ENCOURAGE that person to move there (so they can LOSE their $$). Once again your comment about irony and hypocrisy is beyond baseless. I implore you to look up the definition of irony. I have never bragged about my moral superiority. As far as listing me with politicians is worth a chuckle though. Crustyme, like I said in the last response, I like debate and banter but you have to bring a sensical argument to the table. When you can do that on this thread, I will be happy to have said debate. have a good day.

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

dont wanna get involved cuz this "hate" talk is all over the forum.

However, it is just human nature and people who struggle at something often times wish that other people are not successful

altho i do agree with you pal. wish it was not like this

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Silly question

Obviously if you're a gambler its in your own personal interest for other gamblers to lose

Welcome to the world of gambling

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

More to talk about when guys lose everything and better for numbers

We loved when Brock lost over $45,000 last year and had marital issues

We love that shit

12 Last