pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

MLK day = NBA day

seems about right

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

This is the only Monday holiday that occurs during the NBA regular season. If NBA regular season was played during Memorial or Labor day or even 4th of July you would see day games scheduled in these days.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 01-17-11 at 09:52 AM.

BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Isn't having all this basketball on tv during Monday daytime tv even though it's MLK Day offensive to black people?Isn't that about the same as Safeway running an MLK holiday coupon special on fried chicken,watermellon and 40 ounce malt liquor?Can someone tell me what the difference is?Each is making an exception and going out of their way to purposely feature something that black people take a fancy to.I don't get the whole food deal where some races get offended when you associate certain foods to their ethnicity.I always hear German people being asked what kind of sausage and beer they want for a holiday or what kind of pasta and wine Italians will make on Columbus Day.It doesn't offend them at all.Boy,there sure is a fine line between stereotyping and demographics in this country.
    Last edited by BrentCrude; 01-17-11 at 10:00 AM.

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

Quote Originally Posted by BrentCrude View Post
    Isn't having all this basketball on tv during Monday daytime tv even though it's MLK Day offensive to black people?Isn't that about the same as Safeway running an MLK holiday coupon special on fried chicken,watermellon and 40 ounce malt liquor?Can someone tell me what the difference is?Each is making an exception and going out of their way to purposely feature something that black people take a fancy to.I don't get the whole food deal where some races get offended when you associate certain foods to their ethnicity.I always hear German people being asked what kind of sausage and beer they want for a holiday or what kind of pasta and wine Italians will make on Columbus Day.It doesn't offend them at all.Boy,there sure is a fine line between stereotyping and demographics in this country.
    There are always day games on holidays. There was on Christmas and the other holidays. Not only that, but NHL also has day games today (which they usually do on holidays), and NHL is the least black sport there is after croquet.

Vegas_bond
    Vegas_bond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10099

Quote Originally Posted by BrentCrude View Post
    I don't get the whole food deal where some races get offended when you associate certain foods to their ethnicity.I always hear German people being asked what kind of sausage and beer they want for a holiday or what kind of pasta and wine Italians will make on Columbus Day.It doesn't offend them at all.Boy,there sure is a fine line between stereotyping and demographics in this country.
    Im having a couple of burritos today. Some enchiladas and tacos too.

Jesus Is Lord
    Jesus Is Lord's Avatar Become A Pro!

Basketball all day today. I can definitely live with it.

ChileCheese
    ChileCheese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 256

Perhaps one day the NBA will be over run by Euros.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

The fried chicken is a demographic thing, not an ethnic. Since the vast majority of the black population is in the south, and it just so happens that we all eat fried chicken in the south, somehow that has turned into black people love fried chicken, which I guess is true and how that offends anyone is beyond me. I could eat fried chicken 3 times a day

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    The fried chicken is a demographic thing, not an ethnic. Since the vast majority of the black population is in the south, and it just so happens that we all eat fried chicken in the south, somehow that has turned into black people love fried chicken, which I guess is true and how that offends anyone is beyond me. I could eat fried chicken 3 times a day
    I like fried chicken and I'm not even black.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

i am going to kfc for lunch today. i would go to churches chicken, but there are none near where i live

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by pico View Post
    i am going to kfc for lunch today. i would go to churches chicken, but there are none near where i live
    Do they have Zaxby's their pico? That's the best fried chicken.

Toledo Ed
    Toledo Ed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1804

Church's Chicken!

Philavanh
    Philavanh's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA all day is good with me......eatting some Popeyes chicken today as well