zhiming1
    zhiming1's Avatar Become A Pro!

betting syndicate??

HI,

heard that there are a few betting syndicate around and all they do is bet and win.

does such syndicate exist? how is it that they can maintain profit?

how do they work?

some kind soul, pls provide more info.

The Genius
    The Genius's Avatar Become A Pro!

They use Biff's almanac

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Quote Originally Posted by The Genius
    They use Biff's almanac

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9578

There is a new book out called "The Smart Money" about this topic. I'm about 200 pages in and it's a great read so far. Author's name is Michael Konik, a writer whose done a lot of stories/books on gambling.
    Last edited by Seattle Slew; 01-09-07 at 01:15 PM.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

yeah i am going to check it out soon SS....should be a good read. I am always trying to keep up with the industry.

By the way, working in teams is always a great way to go. I am not talking big time syndicate group here...just people who i trust and whose opinions and insights I value. Working in groups is probably one way you can dramatically improve your capping.

dwsandiego
    dwsandiego's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks Seattle for the tip on the book. Amazon has it used for $13. I'm always interested in learning from valid sources. "Syndicate" is subject to interpretation. There can be different strategies and ways for a "group" to make money and work together. Having a trusted network is a good start. I covered a bet for my friend the other day. He had a line change and didn't have funds to cover, he placed what he thought was an UN94.5 bet and it moved to UN94 but he didn't notice. I had plenty in Pinn to place the offset for him. Turned out the point total was well above 95 so he didn't need the help but at least he didn't have to sweat it. Those who scalp for a living can probably relate.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good read. Shows that Vegas isn't the place for sports betting. And how worn out you can get in this field.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Genius
    They use Biff's almanac

I hear those Chess plays of theres are pure gold

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

"

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

You're probably right. From reading that book, however, I understand that Vegas will stop or limit your action if you win big consistently. They will also cut you off if they suspect you're part of a syndicate. The whole 'game' in the book was about staying a step ahead of bookmakers so that they would take the action.

The second part of the book was about offshore bookmakers, where the syndicate turned its attention after Vegas had basically spit them out.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 01-10-07 at 12:10 AM.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9578

I was finishing the first chapter on that part, when I turned to mark my spot and the title of the next chapter was "ripped off" so I had to keep reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse
    The second part of the book was about offshore bookmakers, where the syndicate turned its attention after Vegas had basically spit them out.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

the tacomax/ magnavox syndicate has been known to move lines a 1/100 of a cent at pinny...

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Thanks for the recommendation, Seattle Slew. I just ordered it on Amazon. If it's as good as "The Odds" by Chad Millman...then I'll consider it money well spent.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Not as many syndicates anymore because the parity in sports nowadays makes it almost impossible to be a consistent winner. A lot of these books talk about the same syndicates from years ago, sam eold crap.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Lots of talk about Billy Walters nowdays so I thought I'd *BUMP* a decade old thread ended by JJ... Fantastic Book, I read it more than once... in between betting West coast Halftimes and watching JJ vids...