jdreebs
    jdreebs's Avatar Become A Pro!

They didn't throw the game they just can't win big playoff games without video taping and cheating to do it. How many superbowls does the great belichek and tom brady have since spygate? A big fat 0. They can't cheat, they can't win

peppy1996
    peppy1996's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cleaveland View Post
    If you tell me it was incompetence or stupidity I won't believe you, this game scared me away from the NFL playoffs forever.
    To me it seemed more like arrogance. They thought, we'll score, get the ball back and score again. It. never occurred to them that they might be stopped and need more time at the end.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

yes i "through" my money away on the pats. this was a glaring case of overconfidence. they deny it but after beating a team 45-3 it would not be possible to not be overconfident heading into this affair. the rest of the team assumed brady wouldn't allow a loss so they coasted and once they found out they had a formidable opponent it was too late. first the giants and now the jets did them in.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    I watched the entire game and I have to admit that I never seen the Pats come so flat in a playoff game.
    Apparently you didn't watch the game vs. B-more last year.

The New York Jets are the most talented team in the NFL. The get cocky, make some bonehead moves, and play down to the level of their opponents in the regular season (which has cost them a home playoff game the last couple years). Nobody gives the Jets any credit, and I love it. Next year I'm sure I'll be hearing about the cocky, "lucky" Jets who "lucked" into two consecutive AFC Championship games.

cleaveland
    cleaveland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

Quote Originally Posted by peppy1996 View Post
    To me it seemed more like arrogance. They thought, we'll score, get the ball back and score again. It. never occurred to them that they might be stopped and need more time at the end.
    This is another possibility but I ruled that out because of the difference between their TD drive in the third which I think was a perfect hurry-up offense and their first drive in the fourth which was a good run clock out offense.

This is a crazy conspiracy theory but it did work out perfectly for the books, imho:

Pats down 14-3 at half, they're made -11 point favorites for the second half, huge action comes in on a -110 Pats ML (if you took the Pats 2nd half) while probably equally huge action comes in from people hedging their Pats ML bets because they're scared away.

Then, near the end of the third the Pats look dominant in marching down the field and converting the 2 point conversion, people are extremely confident in the Pats so...

The fourth quarter line is Pats -3, at bookmaker it started Pats -3 -105 and was bet to Pats -3 -130 and on such a heavily bet game you know the action was very one-sided to get such a huge move.

It all adds up to a perfect scenario for the books, imho. They get huge halftime action from people who want a Pats -110 ML bet on one side and people hedging their Pats -400 ML bet on the other, then between quarters they get huge action on the Pats which all loses... That's a perfect scenario, imho. They could have hardly written better SCRIPT for the game, huh?

It reminds me of something that was said on Inside the NFL several years ago which I remember: "Some big plays are scripted and with some you need a little luck." At the time I thought that meant some games are real games and some are scripted, am I crazy? Crazy like a fox?
    Last edited by cleaveland; 01-17-11 at 07:17 AM.

wquine
    Bet2BLucky
    wquine's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10800

the game was thrown.

cleaveland

Quote Originally Posted by wquine View Post
    the game was thrown.
    I would listen to the guy in your avatar. lol

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

It had the feeling of a thrown game. Why would they keep trying for onside kicks if they wanted to throw the game?

Hexum
    Hexum's Avatar Become A Pro!

I honestly cant believe how dumb people are...really, i mean really? "through"?

sigh

Anyways, no the Patriots didnt throw the game you idiot. Its kinda hard to move the ball in the air when you have 8 defenders KNOWING its going to be a pass, so they ran the ball(which worked) and hope they would score a TD, backfired and cost them alot of time.

cleaveland

Quote Originally Posted by Hexum View Post
    I honestly cant believe how dumb people are...really, i mean really? "through"?

sigh

Anyways, no the Patriots didnt throw the game you idiot. Its kinda hard to move the ball in the air when you have 8 defenders KNOWING its going to be a pass, so they ran the ball(which worked) and hope they would score a TD, backfired and cost them alot of time.
    When you can't attack the message, attack the messenger. Your argument doesn't hold up because the Patriots moved the ball easily for several drives in the second half it was basically the one nearly 8 minute drive that gave the fix away, imho.

JimmysEgo
    JimmysEgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

i think Brady and the Pats threw that superbowl to Eli too. the NFL is scripted almost as bad as Pro Wrestling. When you place bets, you're not supposed to ask yourself, "who is the better team that will win today?" you're supposed to ask, "who does the NFL want to win this game?"

Jhaug98
    Jhaug98's Avatar Become A Pro!

but if they didn't have a problem moving the ball several drives how come they weren't able to do it all game? If that was the case and Brady is as hot as he's ever been...

I do believe this game was fixed like the Giants game although you have to give credit to the catch. Either way though I don't see the Jets winning the SB.
    Points Awarded:

Illusion gave Jhaug98 20 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Scottish
    Scottish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

I've never heard so much bs in my life.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Couple of guys got it, it was arrogance and bad coaching. The Pats figured they can move at ease against a spent Jets defense. The Jets line wasn't even rushing the qb in the 4th. Then a play or two went wrong and there they were on 4th and 13. Brady, who looked like he was on qualudes all day, throws a horrible pass and that 7 minute drive where they huddled every single play despite being down two scores nets zero.

wquine
    Bet2BLucky
    wquine's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10800

i respectfully disagree, if a game is "thrown" it wouldn't be thrown by all the players/coaches, it would just have to be "thrown" by 1 or 2 key players.

LV420
    LV420's Avatar Become A Pro!

You should stop gambling all together you clearly can't handle it.

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Who knows...Just hope Pitt doesnt get into the SB...No team has any chance to beat them in the big one...REFS

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    I honestly didn't even think about it like that but now that you mention it yes they didn't use good strategy at all in the 4th quarter. I had Jets +10 so it didn't really effect me. I watched the entire game and I have to admit that I never seen the Pats come so flat in a playoff game. Didn't seem right at all. Appears as though the Jets wanted it more. Regardless you don't have to convince me that the NFL is suspect. This year in particular was worse than last few. How good is it for the books when most teams are close to even with their win/loss rate.
    How about last year against the Ravens? How about the choke job against the Giants when they were 18-0? And now yesterday?

Is new script being written for the Patriots. Strong regular season team, mediocre in the playoffs... Since they last won a Superbowl, yes.

FWIW, they didn't throw the game. Jets played very well (almost as good as they played bad in the last game) and the Patriots did not. They also have no ability to get the ball down the field against the Jets and their corners. As a result, you saw a dink and dunk offense that ate lots of clock.

Come on Pats fans, say it with me. "We don't need Randy Moss. We don't need Randy Moss." Feel better? Yeah, didn't think so.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Most of the value of Moss is as a decoy. That's why Wes Walker and their RB's find seams all the time for the scores. It's because when Randy Moss is in the game a corner back and a safety have to be assigned on him leaving other players open.

beaunose2002
    beaunose2002's Avatar Become A Pro!

Remember the "points" Favs and dogs are determined by where the money goes, not necessarily who is better. the pats are a heavy "public" team that draws money all day long. They have no depth after Moss was let go and no real running game (unless they are playing the browns)which they lost to also.
    Sanchez is like a bad faucet, hot and extremely cold in the same week.
    no throw, the jets just came out hotter.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Couple of guys got it, it was arrogance and bad coaching. The Pats figured they can move at ease against a spent Jets defense. The Jets line wasn't even rushing the qb in the 4th. Then a play or two went wrong and there they were on 4th and 13. Brady, who looked like he was on qualudes all day, throws a horrible pass and that 7 minute drive where they huddled every single play despite being down two scores nets zero.
    you kind of answered the question of "throwing the game"

the teams are so evenly matched that by simply altering the game plan to play into the opponents strength will have the desired results

i did not watch the game, but if the 2 minute offense is working why stop? it defies logic

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

Pats should have simply gone for short pass for each play in 4Q because that is what Jets gave them. Jets used same strategy against Manning, taking away QB's long passing opportunities which they excel. Playing runs or firing long passes is exactly what Jets want them to do.

teddyd
    teddyd's Avatar Become A Pro!

they looked very nonchalant on that long drive that resulted in no points...

Pride>UFC
    Pride>UFC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Merella View Post
    these nfl coaches need to play more madden
    Exactly...Madden players like me have gone through time management situations hundreds of times because I have experience...I've played in over 200 games against ranked opponents...meanwhile, Belichick has played in hardly 10 playoff games...

I have much more experience than Belichick

eonizuka
    eonizuka's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm surprised Brady was able to even be on the field in the 4th, much less be thinking enough to throw a game. This isn't a diss against him, his line just let him take shot after shot all day. Were there some horrible plays called in from the sidelines given the situation? Absolutely but I do see the Pats ever throwing a game with this group. I think their coach would rather die than lose.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

brady looked out of sync timing was way off

MoneyM1ke
    MoneyM1ke's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12831

Quote Originally Posted by cleaveland View Post
    First of all, I'm very serious about this and I'll never bet on an NFL playoff game again.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10452

i know what you mean , brady was so off his self. i said over and over there killing the clock

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Something wasn't right with Brady...I'm not sure what yet, but something was seriously wrong. I'm not sure if he didn't feel well, undisclosed injury, something personal? If you just look at him pregame (with the smelling salts) and he was isolated from the team...I think there might be more to the story, but the public will never know.

That being said...I think the Jets had a great scheme and really disrupted Brady all night. So, I'm not sure that my theory would have made a difference anyways.

I'll give respect where it's due, the Jets beat NE fair and square and Sanchez didn't lose them the game....exactly Ryan's gameplan.

4getaboutit
    4getaboutit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2467

A. Crumpler was the only TE getting open??? Where were are star rookies???

blue chip
    blue chip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    You're right. No way a 10 point dog wins such a crucial game with obviously inferior talent.

Signed

Drew Brees
    Then how do you forget Seattle, a double digit dog beating New Orleans?

Memo: Please think before posting

Chugs
    Chugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 594

Your an idiot ... its not like they changed there game plan to run the clock they were relying on short passes and getting YAC yards all game. On that drive the Jets just did a good job of keeping them in front of them. Just because you run a flawless hurry up and get down then field fast on one drive doesnt mean they can or should be able to do that every time ... And then he "magically" got sacked?

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

The jets blanketed the wide receivers gving Brady no choice but to throw short.....how many plays did he stand back there for 5..6..7..8 seconds and coundn't find an open receiver?

The problem was...Bilacheck and his staff didnt steal the Jets signals before the game, giving them the same advatage as every other team....and the Pats showed how capable they are of winning ... on a level playing field !!!

The Partiots are a fraud and should be forced to return their 3 superbowl rings the same way Reggie Bush returned his Heisman and Milli Vanilli returned their grammy!

Michael Ferro
    Michael Ferro's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jets out played them, N.E. did many things poorly, I think Jets had alot to do with their lack of play, time management as well. I'm not a big Jets fan, but you have to give them props for yesterday. No one threw it Jets took it

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

al sports are rigged at times

First 123 Last