lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Should the packers be superbowl faves right now?

Just looking thru NFL futures and pinny has them favored to win it all at +179 over pittsburgh who is at +191. The bears are +561 and the Jets +405.

Lets be real the steelers would beat the packers in the superbowl for sure almost. The steelers wouldnt lose that type of game if healthy. I hate second guessing the books but i gotta believe the steelers at +191 is amazing value.

DMB40
    DMB40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

5dimes has pitt at +215 too. and NYJ +385

Scottish
    Scottish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Packers seem like everyones hot pick right now, i'm not even sure they get passed the Bears i mean they already lost in Chicago and barely beat the Bears at Lambeau when the Bears had nothing to play for and the Packers needed the win, i make the Steelers favourites in my mind right now.

The Packers offensive line will be tested alot more than it was by the Falcons.

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish View Post
    Packers seem like everyones hot pick right now, i'm not even sure they get passed the Bears i mean they already lost in Chicago and barely beat the Bears at Lambeau when the Bears had nothing to play for and the Packers needed the win, i make the Steelers favourites in my mind right now. The Packers offensive line will be tested alot more than it was by the Falcons.
    This

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gotta admit I think Packers take down the Bears and Jets but they'd fall to the Steelers

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Jets will beat the Steelers. Jets will not fumble and throw a pick and give back the ball to Steelers with a 2 TD lead. So it will be either Packers or Jets winning the Superbowl. Probably bet one unit on each now in the futures and hedge some on Superbowl day.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Jets will beat the Steelers. Jets will not fumble and throw a pick and give back the ball to Steelers with a 2 TD lead. So it will be either Packers or Jets winning the Superbowl. Probably bet one unit on each now in the futures and hedge some on Superbowl day.

How are the JEts gonna do anything on offense versus the steelers and there refs?

Scottish

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    How are the JEts gonna do anything on offense versus the steelers and there refs?
    When the Steelers shut down the Jets running game, Sanchez will give the Steelers the game just like Flacco did.

I'm taking the Steelers and Bears.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

I'd rather have a future for +400 on Jets winning the Superbowl than a +175 future on Steelers because if the Steelers win then I can always bet them in the Superbowl at -110.

lakerboy

I'd rather have a future for +400 on Jets winning the Superbowl than a +175 future on Steelers because if the Steelers win then I can always bet them in the Superbowl at -110.

Good point but steelers -110 in the superbowl on ATS isnt as good as +175 in the final when they would be +100 at worst versus gb and -225 at least versus the bears. Steelers have lost a few AFC champ games at home over the last 20 years but those were versus Brady/Bledsoe. I just dont see the Jets winning in Heinz again but i would love to see it.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Pitt is the better team; better qb and much better D

Scottish

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Pitt is the better team; better qb and much better D
    Better coach to, the Steelers are better than the Jets at just about every position except corner and o-line, maybe receiver to but Sanchez downgrades that.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Good point but steelers -110 in the superbowl on ATS isnt as good as +175 in the final when they would be +100 at worst versus gb and -225 at least versus the bears. Steelers have lost a few AFC champ games at home over the last 20 years but those were versus Brady/Bledsoe. I just dont see the Jets winning in Heinz again but i would love to see it.
    If you think the Steelers are going to win next week why don't you bet the Jets future at +400 and hedge it with the Steelers win against Jets so in the remote chance Steelers lose next week you have a ticket to hedge on Superbowl. What'e the line on Steelers/Jets?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

What scares me about the Steelers is how easily they lost to Patriots which was the only team that destroyed their defense.

lakerboy

If you think the Steelers are going to win next week why don't you bet the Jets future at +400 and hedge it with the Steelers win against Jets so in the remote chance Steelers lose next week you have a ticket to hedge on Superbowl. What'e the line on Steelers/Jets?
    line is -3 -120 on pits. jets getting a ton of respect here imo. your idea sounds good. im gonna think it over but i just have a hard time betting steeler games becuase they are never officiated fairly.

the jets have many advantages over the steelers. they have way better weapons on offense than pittsburgh and i cant see the steelers protecting ben enough to keep him off the ground enough. jets will present some serious challenges to the steelers shitty o line. also the steelers special teams arent that good and there kicker is a concern.

all in all it should be a hell of a game.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

The Steelers vs Ravens first three TD's were all in the Red Zone. On first one they got the PI penalty (which wasn't). Then the 2nd one was a fumble by Ravens and the 3rd one was an INT by Ravens that gave them the ball deep in Ravens territory. They never had a long drive and were in many times on 3rd and long. If the Jets don't turn the ball over (like they did today) it's going to be interesting.

KC
    KC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Like the Jets and Pack.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

The Steelers vs Ravens first three TD's were all in the Red Zone. On first one they got the PI penalty (which wasn't). Then the 2nd one was a fumble by Ravens and the 3rd one was an INT by Ravens that gave them the ball deep in Ravens territory. They never had a long drive and were in many times on 3rd and long. If the Jets don't turn the ball over (like they did today) it's going to be interesting.
    paver interesting analysis here

Wreckloose
    Wreckloose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17272

Steelers over Packers.

2Bdown
    2Bdown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

under in the steelers jets game is the play

Bookmaster
    Bookmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the Steelers are the best team remaining, but they get a little worse odds than the Pack since the Jets are probably the second best team remaining. The fact that Ben was looking for his 4th and 5th WR - and that the 4th and 5th WR were making big plays - bodes well for facing a team with 2 of the better corners in the league. If they can run a little and spread the ball around, I think they score enough to win (might only need 17 points).

If Pittsburgh wins against the Jets (and Roethlisberger and Polamalu don't get hurt), they'll be -150 or more against GB and -220 against the Bears. They'd absolutely eat the Bears offense alive. lakerboy, I wouldn't be so certain you can get the Steelers for a good price in the Super Bowl, so the Jets hedge might be a better idea.

Inspirited
    Inspirited's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17864

I would think the Steelers would be the favorite.

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

i really dont think the steelers will win the super bowl .. wtf do i know

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Thing is the Jets, like the Bears... Challenged EVERY fn throw, and it's like they just KNEW what NE was thinking before they were thinking it... NE, although it doesn't reflect in the outcome, were actually quite brilliant in their running approach late staying ExTREMELY patient... they just eventually ran out of time, which the JETS didn't give them, because they wouldn't allow yards in bunches i.e a passing attack, which with incompletions and the like take up FAR less time... but the Pats wouldn't bite like most teams...

And it clearly didn't seem like a fluke... this Jet secondary is rediculous... and now they just beat both the Colts, AND the PATS... Steeltown doesn't seem like such a big deal any more... Thinking Jets may get to the Show... with GB...

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Crazy that the Pack is Favoured though even though they are on the road...

ryanspeer2001
    Punta Cana '15
    ryanspeer2001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Good value in bears at 5dimes if u hedge it out on the super bowl

VTranX
    VTranX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 314

I'm listening to you now, you are like god to me after your picks today.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

GB at 7:1 before this weekend was gold.

allang84
    allang84's Avatar Become A Pro!

the bears have a great chance of winning the lot, ill have a few $$ on them

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Pitt should advance and win the superbowl

nj6
    nj6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2592

I think this is the Bear's year.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

I think Pittsburgh should be the favorite because they have an easier game to go there then Green Bay does.
    Also,if it's Green Bay vs Pittsburgh I think that is an even game.

My rank of the teams remaining

#1/#2 Pittsburgh & Green Bay
    #3 Chicago
    #4 New York

I am hoping for a Bears/Steelers Superbowl. The two best defenses in the NFL collide.
    Last edited by RonPaul2008; 01-17-11 at 02:55 AM.

Prop Bet Master
    The road to nowhere leads to me!
    Prop Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pittsburgh dominated Baltimore defensively, holding them to a ridiculous 126 total yards (2.4 yards per play.) Pittsburgh wasn't great overall on offense with 263 total yards (3.8 yards per play.) They held Joe Flacco to 16/30 for 125 yards 1 TD 1 INT and a 61.1 passer rating. What are they going to do against Mark Sanchez? They held Ray Rice to 12 carries for 32 yards and 1 TD. Ben Roethlisberger was great despite the pressure Baltimore put on him. He was 19/32 for 226 yards 2 TD 0 INT and a 101.8 passer rating against one of the best pass defenses in the league. The only concern is the Pittsburgh running game didn't do much and Pittsburgh isn't a great rushing team and New York has one of the best rush defenses in the league, but Rashard Mendenhall had 17 carries for 99 yards and 1 TD against that rush defense in their week 15 meeting. Baltimore had one good drive in the entire game on their 2nd drive of the game where they scored a touchdown. Pittsburgh fumbled twice in the first half, one of them was returned for a touchdown and the other one gave Baltimore the ball at the Pittsburgh 16 yard line which allowed them to score a touchdown. The only scoring for Baltimore in the 2nd half was a field goal in the 4th quarter to tie the game where they started at the Pittsburgh 29 yard line because of a kickoff return. If it weren't for the turnovers in this game, this wouldn't have been close. New York is a better rushing team than Baltimore but Pittsburgh has the best rush defense in the league and the best defense in the league overall for that matter. Pittsburgh is also 1st in the league in opponent yards per pass attempt and 2nd in opponent passer rating behind Green Bay. So how the **** is New York going to move the ball? Pittsburgh out gained New York in their earlier meeting 377 yards (5.2 yards per play) to 276 yards (4.8 yards per play.) New York only scored one offensive touchdown in that game. They returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown. If it wasn't for that Pittsburgh would have won. Also, New York got a safety late in the game that put them up 22-17 or else Pittsburgh would have been able to tie the game with a field goal. Instead they had to go for the touchdown and they ran out of time. Plus, Troy Polamalu and Heath Miller didn't play. They're playing this time. New York won't be as lucky this time around. They blew their load in the New England game. I said it last week and I'm saying it again. Pittsburgh is superior on both sides of the ball and at home. Pittsburgh wins and goes to the Super Bowl.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

They remind me of the Saints.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Quote Originally Posted by nj6 View Post
    I think this is the Bear's year.
    Cutler was sacked 8 times against the Giants. Doesn't sound like their year.

12 Last