shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Yeah I can see your point. But I just did it the same way I did last time. Just turns out Yiser picked the correct winner and received a special bonus or else there would only be two people in second place and he would've been tied for 5th. I actually don't think most entrants would mind more people getting a chance at prizes. This is a long contest and entering it takes a chunk of time. And because of the bonus for picking the winner and both semi finalists there is a possibility of someone winning more points although they picked less matches correctly than others below them as what happened here. I think it evens out in the end.
    Points Awarded:

SportsMushroom gave shari91 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ATP123
    ATP123's Avatar Become A Pro!

NoVaK the stud comes through

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

thanks for the contest shari

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

as noober said though

its very silly that 3rd place gets more than 2nd place

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    as noober said though

its very silly that 3rd place gets more than 2nd place
    Well maybe next time I'll ask everyone what they think before the contest starts. The way I set it up now, the people who pick the semis and the finalist right are rewarded with bonuses as to me it's like they bought futures and got them correct so I think they deserve something. On the other hand, I wanted to make it fair for those people who picked more matches correctly than those below them. Not sure. But I don't think many people would enter if they knew they could get blown out of receiving something if someone with 12 less correct picks just happened to get those 3 right because of a tie. I know I wouldn't enter - too much work for someone just to fluke it out at the end. To me it makes no difference though and actually would've saved me time from having to transfer points to so many people after scrolling through to find their posts. Like I said, I'll ask before the next contest and hopefully those who provide input will also enter as well.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Thanks for the effort running this Shari

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by noober View Post
    I am not in the constest but seems messed up that the third place gets more than the second. The second places should split the prize for 2nd, 3rd and 4th and the third should get the prize for 5th. Just my opinion.
    agreed. third place wasn't actually third place. Empire finished behind four people, so that'd be 5th.

RE: shari's last post

Any bracket contest ends up like that; where the last rounds are worth more, so someone could get less right and still win. That's why it's a bracket instead of the tennis contest we had in 2009 or something, where you bet on each day's card and whoever finished the most units up, won.

thanks for the contest

ATP123
    ATP123's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks for running the contest shari, hope you can do this for all the good tennis tourneys, made it more interesting. , im running a superbowl contest in the contests section as well for anyone interested

ha1ogen
    ha1ogen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2797

thx for the contest shari, we tied for 5th place

shari91

Like I said guys, before the next big contest I'll put the question out there. You have to remember that SBR is donating points to these major contests mainly to encourage people who don't normally visit the tennis forum to come check us out. That's why during the Open there were prizes after each round ie most aces or double faults, so that even non tennis forum regulars had a chance at prizes. But in my feedback thread before the contest it was suggested those prizes were dropped and the points added to the final pool which I did. Not sure what I'll do next time - I'll ask for feedback and go from there but the goal will always be to get more people who don't pop in here regularily to participate so hopefully they'll stick around after the contest ends. I do know that I'll probably eliminate the bonus for semis and the finalist and just take points out of the prize pool and award those people a prize separately. Other than that, I'm not sure yet.

Thanks for participating everyone and congrats to the winners!!

First ... 3456