mcbaseball10
    mcbaseball10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1905

Bengal fan selling out

Posted by dan.parzych

Cincinnati Bengals fans are so frustrated with the organization–one of them is even willing to sell his allegiance on eBay.

According to Lance McAlister 28-year-old Brett Kostoff has decided to give up on the Bengals and is willing to choose for any other of the 31 NFL teams at the right price. Clearly, Brett is upset with how Mike Brown is running the organization and has given up on being a Cincinnati fan–which is why he is putting his allegiance on the popular auction site. Here’s part of Brett’s description from his eBay listing:
    “Where do I begin? I’m 28 years old born and raised in the worst NFL City in the history of the league. Cincinnati – home of the Bungals. I have a wife and 2 children, live the normal life own a home work 40 hours a week. I have cheered my whole life for the Bengals, but cannot continue to support an organization that simply doesn’t care about winning and is only in this league due to financial reasons. We have the worst owner in the history of sports. His dad was a good man and won some games for the city of Cincinnati. I guess that is a good enough reason to continue to torture a city and a die-hard fan like myself. Well I have come to the conclusion that I will not suffer anymore. I’m looking for bids to become a fan of your city’s NFL team. All proceeds will go to my new team’s gear (hats, hooded sweatshirts, jersey’s), I will not take one penny for my own personal use…strictly apply it to be able to support my new team. I refuse to wake up every Sunday morning watch NFL countdown from 11am-1pm and then watch the Bengals lose. Every Sunday has almost been ruined for 20+ years. I have had season tickets for the last 6 years and before that haven’t missed a game on TV. Even when they are blacked out I continue to find them on the internet and watch the game off a website of some sort. I yell at the screen and for some odd reason think every draft pick that was a question mark, somehow I think they knew something that other teams didn’t. I have new hope every year that this is the year, nothing ever changes.”
    As of Monday night, Brett’s listing already received 10 bids–with the highest being $168.61–and there is still one week remaining until the auction ends. Brett appears to be one of the most passionate fans in the NFL and is willing to cheer for any team–unless it’s the Bengals, Lions, or Bills.
    Why not these teams? Brett claims he wants to cheer for a team that has proven to care about winning.
    If Brett does end up cheering for your team next season, here’s a few things he promises to bring to the table:
    “16 Weeks of everything I got on gamedays.”
    “My facebook image will be of my new team for the entire NFL Season.”
    “I usually eat BW3′s boneless wings and potato wedges every sunday before my team starts.”
    “I will yell at the TV on average 5-10 times a game (# subject to lower due to your team HAS to be better than the Bengals).”
    “I usually stand up on 3rd downs (if my team gets it’s followed by a fist pump, if my team doesn’t get it I usually punch the throw pillow).”
    “If any play for our team is breaking a long run or pass I continue to yell at the screen (go, go, go – usually followed by a few claps).”
    “I will study our draft picks for at least 2 months after the draft so I can pretty much defend them no matter what kind of fan I talk too.”
    With all of this taken into consideration–who wouldn’t want Brett rooting for their team?

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

This is a very good friend of mine, and the bid is now up to $610.00
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Bengals-Fan-sell...65587947491502

mcbaseball10

Condition: Used: An item that has been used previously.

mcbaseball10

I pray for his sake that a Clowns fan does not win his allegiance. I don't care how bad it has been for us Bengals fans, I would never root for the Mistake by the Lake.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

^ lol

he will be back on the bengals wagon when they win 10 games next year and win the north.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I know of this guy through softball in the Cincy area!
    Pretty interesting stuff, I doubt he realized it would get so big.

talnted
    talnted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

i think you guys are all right. nice work fellas

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

this is like going into the '09 season, the bengals season total will be easy money next season, it will probably open up at 6.5.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Funny. Sad thing is, he's got a great argument. A friend of mine runs mikebrownsucks.com (well, he still 'owns' it - I don't think he updates it anymore). I've railed on the Brown family (the living, that is) for many many years and try to be sympathetic towards my Bungle fan friends and boy it seems I have a lot of them somehow. There is one NFL franchise that is catching up to Cinci's 'worst in sports' franchise and that's in Buffalo with stupid Ralph "I'm gonna take my money to heaven with me" Wilson.

It's a damn shame, because it's a good football city. It's far over rated for baseball (considering the Reds draw 12k during the week whilst their team is in a pennant race - although ticket prices are friggin ridiculous). Hopefully the guy will end up cheering for Carolina or some other team that's in the dumps right now. That way he'll get to see a franchise build correctly and into something competitive rather than get sucked onto the Cowboys wagon, which every goomba and media outlet in the country seems to be on. It'd be interesting to have him bought out by Cleveland or Pittsburgh. The dude would get his ass kicked daily. Now that would be funny.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    I know of this guy through softball in the Cincy area!
    Pretty interesting stuff, I doubt he realized it would get so big.
    Me too, well went to school with him at Colerain. Who you play ball with and where? or you play everywhere?

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

question of the day....

what will happen first with this auction:

a) it will never see the end because ebay will pull it
    b) it will get nuke bids on it and end up over a million dollars
    c) it will stay low, and the seller will never get paid

my vote is b. once this gets around the net, people will have a field day with it

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeSSt View Post
    question of the day....

what will happen first with this auction:

a) it will never see the end because ebay will pull it
    b) it will get nuke bids on it and end up over a million dollars
    c) it will stay low, and the seller will never get paid

my vote is b. once this gets around the net, people will have a field day with it
    It already is...

PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4352

MUch like this Bengals fan, a silly Toronto Maple Leafs fan did this about 2 years ago. This isn't something new.

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    It already is...
    nah 23k views in 6 days is hardly enough to be considered all over the net.

when he gets to 831k views, then you know you made it

PocketChange
    Cheers.
    PocketChange's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like the Baltimore Ravens in the lead.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

I hear ya black, it's just way bigger than he intended it to get, been on countless talk radio shows, got's 2 TV appearances coming up...
    Plus it only has 4 days left...

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    I hear ya black, it's just way bigger than he intended it to get, been on countless talk radio shows, got's 2 TV appearances coming up...
    Plus it only has 4 days left...
    oh no doubt im sure its all around the cincy area. hope it all works out for him

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

isnt this the 500th guy to do this on ebay? and its still newsworthy?

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Evidently so...

mr.kush
    mr.kush's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'd sell my allegiance too if i were a cincinnati fan. a franchise going nowhere fast.

mcbaseball10

Any update on how this ended up?